Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

PTH2009 wrote: »
    kind of pointless doing an outdoor gig here again with the same setlist/set up etc unless there going to freshen it up a bit.

An indoor show would be cool

And that's the thing, it will be the exact same show with maybe one song change.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,893 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

And that's the thing, it will be the exact same show with maybe one song change.

Hard to believe this time last year we were all waiting to buy tickets for the show fast fast year

Would they sell out slane though ???. The buzz is gone a bit because they played here this year after a 6 year absence, they should of done slane this year and then do the Aviva in 2016.

A live DVD is coming next year I think

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If they did announce a gig for whatever stadium, the tickets would be gone in seconds, MCD would be stupid if they didn't try to get them over again, the majority of the people who would go to see them would only know 5/6 songs at most and probably only see them once, so they wouldn't be too bothered about the rigid setlist.

I wouldn't be expecting a Springsteen style change every night but still it's disappointing they don't shake it up a bit.

If they did announce a gig for whatever stadium, the tickets would be gone in seconds, MCD would be stupid if they didn't try to get them over again, the majority of the people who would go to see them would only know 5/6 songs at most and probably only see them once, so they wouldn't be too bothered about the rigid setlist.

I wouldn't be expecting a Springsteen style change every night but still it's disappointing they don't shake it up a bit.

I'd go again. Seems to be a weak summer of gigs so far

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

AC/DC will play two UK shows as part of their 2016 Rock Or Bust world tour.

The legendary rockers will head to London's Olympic Stadium on June 4 and the Etihad Stadium in Manchester on June 9. Tickets go on general sale at 9.30am Friday, December 18.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/195503/9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

Most European dates announced now, surely there will be something for Ireland after the success of last years show? They could have sold it out twice.

They completely left Ireland off the very last European leg of the Black Ice Tour though

If they are going to play here, please wait until after Christmas to announce. Couldn't afford tickets now.

Akenny010 wrote: »
    Most European dates announced now, surely there will be something for Ireland after the success of last years show? They could have sold it out twice.

They completely left Ireland off the very last European leg of the Black Ice Tour though

More and more touring acts are using the UK to serve the Irish market and blaming logistics for not playing here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I thought they were just going through the motions at the Lansdowne gig. As it's been said already, it'll be more or less the same show and tickets will be over €100.

It would take a complete shake up of the set list to get me there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I thought they were just going through the motions at the Lansdowne gig. As it's been said already, it'll be more or less the same show and tickets will be over €100.

It would take a complete shake up of the set list to get me there again.

Only setlist change I see happening (if any) is Rock The Blues Away in for Play Ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Well I just got tickets for Manchester in June....bring it on. Yes I saw them in Aviva in July and twice in 2009. Not expecting to break new ground just going to have a good old blow out away from wife and kids.....yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭GaryTLynch

It seems they're off to Denmark after their UK dates. I think the chances of an Irish date are looking quite remote at this stage. But you never know, the ever elusive Slane rabbit could be pulled out of the hat yet. Mind you, it's still the Rock Or Bust World Tour, so wouldn't it be a similar (if not identical) show to last summer's gig in the Aviva?

Play Ball and Baptism by Fire out and Rock and Roll Thunder and Given the Dog a Bone in for this year's gigs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

No Bedlam In Belguim :(

They have been forced to postpone US dates because Johnson is at risk of becoming totally deaf if he continues.

www.acdc.com/news?n_id=274

They've lost two men already, this could be it for them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,365 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jaysus. Doesn't look too good. How exactly can they reschedule dates when he's been to stop touring immediately or risk going completely deaf?

It doesn't appear to be something you could just rest up and hope will go away.

Apparently there is talk of a guest singer finishing off the tour, not sure about that, I've a ticket for Manchester and an un-refundable flight booked, if it does go ahead it won't be the same without Brian :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

They'll have to call it a day. If they lose Brian it'll be like a tribute band.

They'll have to call it a day. If they lose Brian it'll be like a tribute band.

Yeah, no Brian and no Malcolm just wouldn't be the same. I wouldn't be into seeing them with someone else. And who would it be anyway?

Hopefully they'll just call it a day (if the contracts for the remaining gigs allow them to do so)

That gig in the Aviva last year was bloody loud though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Myles Kennedy. Depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

ush wrote: »

Link?

I'd say it'd be someone more their vintage.

ush wrote: »

He's like the sub teacher that teaches everything lol, don't think acdc would suite his voice.

Brian wud be so hard to replace. Very happy I saw them in the aviva last year now

There's a Gov't Mule gig on youtube with MK on vocals. Its was an AC DC cover show, if I remember correctly. Yer man got MK in 'cos AC DC suited his voice better. MK is 46. Thats fairly vintage.

Phil Rudd's fairly desperate to get back in the band. Maybe he should audition.

Seriously though, when I said 'their vintage' I was talking about a bloke in his late 50s/60s. Someone who they know from the scene back in the 1970's is my guess.

How many of those are still active and available cheap? Graham Bonnet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Allyall wrote: »

That last link included Chris Cornell, Mike Patton and Dave Grogl as possible replacements. How can you want that one to be more accurate? Awful choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That last link included Chris Cornell, Mike Patton and Dave Grogl as possible replacements. How can you want that one to be more accurate? Awful choices.

No sorry. I wasn't referring to the replacements. I was referring to the headline.
    The first two state that he has quit touring for good, and the last one says he is postponing it.
    They are awful choices for AC/DC, but I can't imagine any of those would want to either, as they are all always fairly busy with their own work. They're some of the more hardworking.
    I'd imagine it would be someone older as mentioned, and probably less active on their own projects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭briany

AC/DC have been extraordinarily lucky in their career to find not one, but two very singular singers in Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. It's a lot more than most bands ever manage. AC/DC ending their career with some generic-sounding guy would be a sad way to go. I think if they could find a Brian sound-alike they'd be tempted to go for it because it 36 years into his tenure, the sound of Brian Johnson is inextricably linked with AC/DC. It's like when Malcolm was replaced, they could have gone for someone with their own style, but were quite concerned about maintaining the sound they had, so Stevie got the nod.

Advertisement