Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First grey hair and lack of motivation.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

menoscemo wrote: »
    There might be a few free entries flying around if you know the right people ;)

:D nice one. As I wonder do I know the right people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Thanks all. I think Clontarf Half it might be so. Must check my dates. I like the idea of no hills at all.

Yoga tomorrow. :D

I have set some short term goals for the next few months. Going to up my game from now on.

10k - 46.00
    5 Mile - 37.00
    10 mile - 1.20
    Half marathon - 1.46

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Good stuff, I'm hoping for fairly similar times over the next few months, looking at a 10k at the end of June and a half in mid July in particular. Which of your targets do you think will pose the greatest challenge? I think I'll find the 10k most difficult.

Think probably the 10 mile it all depends on what kind of course. Doing a 10k Sunday week Would love to run 47/46 but will wait and see. Must arrange for a sports massage

• Advertisement

Nice to have some goals Dave. Best of luck with them. You are not wasting time getting the 10k in in two weeks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Dave, great to get the targets down on paper and then you have something to work towards.

How do they compare with your current PBs....Don't forget all the training you have been doing will see great improvements in your current PBs.....

Stick them up there in the table and we'll revise them for you;)...just in case you're being too easy on yourself!!:D

Back running today thank god. 5 miles done @ 9.10 pace.

Found it hard enough, its amazing what two weeks of inactivity can do. The legs felt fresh and looking forward to putting in a good week in training .

Anne:
    Goals& P.B's
    10k - 46.00 - Current p.b 48.05
    5 Mile - 37.00 - Current p.b 44.31 (last 5 miles race 2010)
    10 mile - 1.20 - Current p.b 1.39.30 (last 10 miles race 2010)
    Half marathon 1.46 - Current p.b 1.50.08 (last 13.1 miles race 2011)

Its been a long time since I have done both 5 & 10 mile race. The 5 mile race was very controversial as it was clocked half mile to short so not sure about that time.

Any help????
    Sorry I am no good at making tables so that will have to do

Excellent. Welcome back to the road! I suspect you'll beat these targets, and then some.

Have you any specific training in mind for the 10k in two weeks, or are you going to go with the flow? Sure PB it while you're at it, I suppose. :D

No I will just follow Ecoli plan as much as I can. Will do a bit of speed work with the club on Thursday other then that will see how I go on the day.

• Advertisement

Anne:
    Goals& P.B's

Sorry I am no good at making tables so that will have to do

Hey Dave, i was ragging you;),,but its great that you can see the improvement in your running with all the training and you have great goals....I reckon you will knock big numbers from all of the above!!

Great that you're back out on the road.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Goals& P.B's
    Similar goals to me :)

Good luck! Keep the training solid and you should destroy them.

4.5 miles done @ 9.15

Felt much better then yesterday.

Anne what is" i was ragging you"? I am from the west never heard that before.

Rainbow must keep an eye on your log so.

4.5 miles done @ 9.15

Felt much better then yesterday.

Anne what is" i was ragging you"? I am from the west never heard that before.
    Dave it means i was teasing/kidding/messing..:D
    I'm sure we all have "local" saying that we use all the time!!

I would love to get near your times too...but I reckon another while before i'm near them!!!

I was thinking that alright.

Those times feel like a million miles away at the moment. They have gone from short term goals to long term.

Must get the training plan together and send it to you. Thinking now I might try and incorporate some of the P&D training into it. May buy that book tomorrow.

I was thinking that alright.

Those times feel like a million miles away at the moment. They have gone from short term goals to long term.

Must get the training plan together and send it to you. Thinking now I might try and incorporate some of the P&D training into it. May buy that book tomorrow.

I think it would be a great book to have in the collection as there are a few different plans. When we are targeting 3.30 and the like:eek:...theres a 12 week plan for more than 85m per week and a multi marathon plan for 2 marathon within a few weeks!!

looking at some of the logs, some of the lads were running 4.30 - 4.45 for 1sr marathons and are now running 3.20 and faster!!!...maybe someday:rolleyes:
    Check out Hals advanced plans too, lots of work in them though

I'm reading this book at the moment. It's well worth picking up, even if you don't use the plans, it explains the reasons for the different running speeds and efforts within a training program. I find I'm absorbing snippets each time I look at it, and it's finally sinking in that slow means SLOW!

Book depository usually have it cheapest, with free postage :)

Younganne wrote: »

looking at some of the logs, some of the lads were running 4.30 - 4.45 for 1sr marathons and are now running 3.20 and faster!!!...maybe someday:rolleyes:
    Check out Hals advanced plans too, lots of work in them though

Thanks Anne will check out the advanced tomorrow also. That's my goal someday 3.20 marathon.:p:p .

Its mad last year I was looking for the easiest marathon plan possible and just to finish a marathon, now I am looking at advanced plans and trying to finish running 26.2 miles in a certain time. I must be mad or else bitten by some sort of bug.

scriba wrote: »
    I'm reading this book at the moment. It's well worth picking up, even if you don't use the plans, it explains the reasons for the different running speeds and efforts within a training program. I find I'm absorbing snippets each time I look at it, and it's finally sinking in that slow means SLOW!

Book depository usually have it cheapest, with free postage :)

Thanks scriba will get onto book depository now.

I am a year into running and only started training slow this week.

First time in weeks have put 3 days in a row. Legs feel heavy enough now.
    Club training tonight.
    Started of with 1 mile warm up
    Then 2 miles @ 7.45 pace (felt very easy)
    800 meters (jog 100, sprint 100 etc)
    800 cool down.

Best session I have done in a while and really enjoyed it.

I wanted to do 5 session this week but I have a bit of a dilemma. With Saturday been such a huge day of sport it more then likely I will be heading to the pub which could quiet possibly mean no running on Sunday.
    So should I run tomorrow instead but that would mean 5 days in a row with Saturday morning LSR.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

First time in weeks have put 3 days in a row. Legs feel heavy enough now.
    Club training tonight.
    Started of with 1 mile warm up
    Then 2 miles @ 7.45 pace (felt very easy)
    800 meters (jog 100, sprint 100 etc)
    800 cool down.

Best session I have done in a while and really enjoyed it.

I wanted to do 5 session this week but I have a bit of a dilemma. With Saturday been such a huge day of sport it more then likely I will be heading to the pub which could quiet possibly mean no running on Sunday.
    So should I run tomorrow instead but that would mean 5 days in a row with Saturday morning LSR.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Great session there Dave

Re you dilemma, time to chose priorities;);)

only "ragging you":D, :D:D
    you could do the LSR on Saturday morning and see then if you're able for run on Sunday evening, or just do a short easy run tomorrow and do LSR Saturday and forget about Sunday if you think you'll be too ahem:rolleyes: dehydrated for running:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Why such a big day of sport on Sat, sure it's only a little rugby match. Doesn't count since Munster aren't there :mad:

Thanks Anne.

Think I will bring the gear with me tomorrow and maybe do a slow 3 miles. To be honest there is little chance I will be running on Sunday.

Shazkea on Saturday I will be a support of sport. That's what I am telling the wife. None of my teams made it this far again

You are well and truly back to it Dave. What's happening Saturday is euro 2012 starting

Just kidding :-)

Thanks
    Ha very lucky I was about to go on a rant.:o

Recovery Run Friday

Legs are very tired now 4 days in a row running. Did 3 miles @ 9.25.

Hope to head out in the morning for long run. So far so good.

7 miles in 1.05.

Forgot the garmin today but it is was probably the best thing ever. Really enjoyed today felt like there was no pressure to keep up pace.
    Not as long of a run as I wanted today but overall a good week. 5 days straight running with some speed work in there. Legs are sore and tired now looking forward to tomorrow's day of rest.

You've earned your day of sport and pints! :)

scriba wrote: »
    You've earned your day of sport and pints! :)

Sports were great, pints were great but head is not great today.:D:D

• Advertisement

Sports were great, pints were great but head is not great today.:D:D

As they say on the internet, LOL! Maybe bring the Garmin for pacing next time :D

Advertisement