Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you spend christmas day with your OH?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

My OH doesn't celebrate Christmas, it's just a normal day for him. So usually he will come over to mine anyway, so I can be with my family and him at the same time.

One of my favorite things about xmas, is that the OHs ship off home. And I get to actually get to spend time with my friends as a group.
    I'm going to be heartbroken when they start getting married and spending xmas as a family together.

Nobody in my family is ever getting out of spending xmas day with me ever.
    Seriously I would not be above disowning them for the like of that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd love to spend crimbo with my OH, as it's our first one together, in our new house too, but she's off to Thailand in the morning for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

This is the first Christmas day I'll spend with my Other half, but I'll also be spending it with my family, and my OH's brother!

Basically, before now I always spent the day with my family and my OH would spend the day with his bro and his aunt and cousins. (OH's mam and dad live in South Africa, that's why he doesn't spend Xmas with them)

Me and the OH got engaged in Feb and moved in together, so I wanted to include him in my Xmas day, but being the saint that he is, he couldn't see in the day without his lil brother, so my folks invited both of them.

So now Christmas day is gonna be fairly hectic.. there will be me, my OH an his brother, my brother, his missus and their little girl, my sister and her little boy, my other sister and my Mam and dad.

Only thing I'm raging about is that there wont be as many left overs this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

He comes up Christmas Eve and stays over. Watches the wee one opening her Santy stuff (this is her 3rd christmas) then has a bit of breakfast and goes home to his folks. Best of both worlds, I spose!

• Advertisement
Advertisement