Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've rolled a Warrior and an Elementist, as from the lads who are max level, these seemingly are really the only two classes worth playing, as everything else is miles behind in terms of balance.

I'm going to stick with the Necro for a few levels more, but can see myself moving over to a Warrior, or most probably, Elementist.

You're right about Warrior, they are very strong right now but that Elementalist info is very wrong. They are struggling so much in sPvP right now, definitely the weakest class in competitive play.

Warrior, Mesmer, Thief >
    Guardian, Engineer (gren spec) >
    Necro, Ranger >
    Elementalist

The classes have completely different roles in WvW of course but for competitive sPvP the elem needs some serious love and this is coming from a Ranger which has enough of its own problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Big Knox wrote: »
    You're right about Warrior, they are very strong right now but that Elementalist info is very wrong. They are struggling so much in sPvP right now, definitely the weakest class in competitive play.

Warrior, Mesmer, Thief >
    Guardian, Engineer (gren spec) >
    Necro, Ranger >
    Elementalist

The classes have completely different roles in WvW of course but for competitive sPvP the elem needs some serious love and this is coming from a Ranger which has enough of its own problems!

From someone who plays an Elementalist I disagree. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

The ele just requires a much more talented player to take full advantage of all the skills available.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

And as an 80 Ele I disagree with you :P

I really enjoy WVW on ele and instances, As for being the squishy class I always die last or not at all in the hard dungeons, same for WvW and love playing it.

But sPVP is just a clusterbag. I realise you may have some skills or way of playing that makes you better then 98% of all other Ele players and I ain't saying you don't, but its hard to be a good ele in sPVP it really is.
    I do ok considering but when I go on my theif or Warrior or Grdn I just own. I just roll in to few games, most the time I dont even look at trait setup or change skills that much just jump in for the craic, and tend to own lol.

Ele I put alot of effort into the trait set up, what skills and weaps to use on certain maps etc, and its daftly hard to do well in 1v1s or 2v2s etc.
    As I said I do ok, but I do always feel like the runt of the litter unless I'm against really bad teams and players, that and I'm literally the only Ele ever in my match ups :/

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

The ele just requires a much more talented player to take full advantage of all the skills available.

Ouch, someone get BigKnox some aftersun, he just got burned :pac: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

In comparison to AOC the graphics in this looky very cartoony to me. Any comments on how it stacks up in other areas? Sound/Soundtrack, PVE combat, Story etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gunnar's Hold. Put your CHARACTER name here for a Guild invite.

Cheers, finally got some play time over the weekend - up to level 10 now. My character's name is Govknuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

im a lvl 12 asurian thief am realy tempted to restart as a warrior..........:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I find the warrior to be a bit boring. Guess it's just not my style. My Thief is up to 51 now, and still enjoying it. Also levelling a Elementalist, who is at lvl18 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

yeah i think im gonna stick with my thief for a bit lol

• Advertisement

Have you done alot of sPvP?

In competitive matches they just aren't picked or used as others classes can do their role much better.

Of course they can be played effectively by a decent player but 1v1 they will loose to pretty much every other class if the players are of a similar skill level.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive now done 5 of the 8 dungeons in story mode and im far from impressed, nothing more than tank and spank so far with pretty boring artwork too.
    Shame really as the rest of the world and game is great.

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive now done 5 of the 8 dungeons in story mode and im far from impressed, nothing more than tank and spank so far with pretty boring artwork too.

Arah the final dungeon is very good apart from a very anti-climatic finish. I do agree about the rest however, nothing special it has to be said!

Also the queue for WvW is just too long, unless you have 90 mins to sit around in a queue you rarely get intot WvW at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Also the queue for WvW is just too long, unless you have 90 mins to sit around in a queue you rarely get intot WvW at peak times.

I am curious how many of those are active players and not either:

1) People sitting afk who are afraid of leaving because they wont get back in.

2) Bots.

I am curious how many of those are active players and not either:

1) People sitting afk who are afraid of leaving because they wont get back in.

2) Bots.

Just logged off there after a total of 2 hours 35 mins in the queue for WvW , what a total joke, you buy a game and cant play the part of it you want unless you have time to sit in a queue for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Wow, there some crazy wait times guys. Ive been lucky enough that the server has normally had one I could drop into quick enough

I agree about the WvW queues. It's ****ing ridiculous. I've not been able to play in almost a week, and that's the part of the game i was enjoying the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Endgame makes a mmo
    If there is poor dungeons and endgame raids, wont last long

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Story mode is easy mode try doing explore for a challenge its alson intended as the endgame stuff

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Endgame makes a mmo
    If there is poor dungeons and endgame raids, wont last long

Shame GW isn't based around PvE then.

The Qs are long and very vexing for WvW. But you could always go to a lower pop server for while and get insta in and come back to your server in few weeks when alot of the new car smell players leave and the wow addon comes out, Qs will plummet.

I like the dungeons, some of the story modes are very meh like the 40 one that takes 3mins to do, but the explorable is where it gets very good. Some have really good fights. Is a good challenge, but Im defo not with the overall crowd on that, the vibe from ingame and forums etc is that most people dont like the dungeons, its a shame as people just seem unable to do a challenge and just want rewards for no work. WoW Is to blame tbh.

^^ haha that video is so true

VinLieger wrote: »
    Story mode is easy mode try doing explore for a challenge its alson intended as the endgame stuff

I will once i hit lvl 80 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

So tried my hand at WvW last night... my impressions:

Big group rolls a fort which involved shooting a door for a while then we did the same on another fort. Then our group met a smaller group involving much confusion with me just randomly shooting people. We won and went to roll another fort and then met a group bigger than us followed by more messy clicking/trying to get a target but long story short we all died.

I'm new to it all but it doesn't strike me as having much longevity.

With there being no set dps/tank/heal classes everyone just appears to spam whatever isn't on cooldown and the bigger group wins.

WvW is great, but christ balls do they need to fix(or change since Im not so sure its not working as intended) the Limitations on characters and draw distance, its just shocking at the moment. I swear they changed something in patch last week and what was bad is now horrid.

Literally every fight I hear spells and see animations for em, but then the vast sea of friendly and enemy names appear on top of me, most of the time costing me a cheap death. happened 10 times tonight and made me ragequit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

So tried my hand at WvW last night... my impressions:

Big group rolls a fort which involved shooting a door for a while then we did the same on another fort. Then our group met a smaller group involving much confusion with me just randomly shooting people. We won and went to roll another fort and then met a group bigger than us followed by more messy clicking/trying to get a target but long story short we all died.

I'm new to it all but it doesn't strike me as having much longevity.

With there being no set dps/tank/heal classes everyone just appears to spam whatever isn't on cooldown and the bigger group wins.

Thats the nature of zergs unfortunately... It will (hopefully) sort out over time as people settle down an learn their classes, but it will always remain a somewhat uncoordinated mass.. The biggest issue for "organised" pvp is trying to get groups out into the frontiers together, the queues can be long during prime time with half your players out in pvp and the other half waiting in the queue with no idea if they are 5 mins or 1 hour away from joining. Until that gets fixed, then the primary focus will be unorganised zergs with everyone looking out for themselves.

Zergs are by far the most common way for people to play in WvW, but a zerg can easily be stopped by a well organised group. I've been in groups 2-3 times smaller then zergs, that with a little planning, can beat a much larger group. Well places siege weapons, good use of npc's etc...

There really is a lot of different way's to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Kiith wrote: »
    Zergs are by far the most common way for people to play in WvW, but a zerg can easily be stopped by a well organised group. I've been in groups 2-3 times smaller then zergs, that with a little planning, can beat a much larger group. Well places siege weapons, good use of npc's etc...

There really is a lot of different way's to play.

That's precisely why I have always loved open PvP as opposed to Arena-type set # groups.. You have no idea what enemy is around the corner, but with quick reactions, plans and co-ordination you can either win or get the hell out of there alive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Hey lads, looking at getting a new Laptop for college and ant it to be able to run GW2 on High ish settings. I'm looking to spend €600-€750 and was wondering what Processor/Graphics card would be best in this price range.

Advertisement