Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USN Supplements 100% whey Vs Pure Protein IGF-1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,596 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So why you you think that the 5-10g of soy and egg protein in the shake has an impact over to the 150g of mixed protein from food.

Basically you said that
    150g whey + 150g [mixed protein] (caesin, animal, egg etc) is less effective than
    125g whey + 175g [mixed protein] (caesin, animal, egg etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Mellor wrote: »
    So why you you think that the 5-10g of soy and egg protein in the shake has an impact over to the 150g of mixed protein from food.

Basically you said that
    150g whey + 150g [mixed protein] (caesin, animal, egg etc) is less effective than
    125g whey + 175g [mixed protein] (caesin, animal, egg etc)

I don't just think it I know it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

dave80 wrote: »
    yes I am at the moment?

IGF-1 is pricey enough compared to some of the stuff out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

Not to alarm you, but you do realise you havn't a leg to stand on. Do the aminoacid profile quanites differ so much that you've gained this extra "growth" simple from a multi-time-release-protein? Simple answer is, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,596 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just because you had better gains when taking IGF doesn't mean it was because of IGF. There are so many other factors

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Just because you had better gains when taking IGF doesn't mean it was because of IGF. There are so many other factors

Yes there are many factors and a protein blend is one of them (not just igf)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

Yes there are many factors and a protein blend is one of them (not just igf)

Youre joking yeah?... Please say you are...

sure is my muscle gains hav gone up 500% using it compared to regular whey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there can tell me the benifits of taking USN's IGF-1 over the standard 100% Whey which i normally take. I got a sample of IGF-1 today and yeah it tastes good and from looking on the USN website it sounds good too(has all the added Glutamine, BCAA's etc) but is there asctually much of a difference in what it will do for me besides price?

If anyone out there is taking it themselves or knows a bit more about it let me know:D

Okay so I dont know if I'm late in letting you know what IGF-1. I study pharmacology. IGF-1 is a substance that your liver releases in response to Growth Hormone. IGF-1 has many roles one of most important is that it signals cells within the body to go into proliferation(growth). It's basically telling them hey guys time to grow. But be very wary IGF-1 shouldn't be taken regularly maybe only before or after workout. IGF-1 has shown to be the causative agent in certain cancers. So unless you want to increase your chances, I suggest you lower the amount you take.

Advertisement