Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

pc7 wrote: »
    I run a brothel Joe, a brothel.

Cash business only Joe...so an ATM is essential.....is there a licensing quango yet for that business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

bank-4.jpg

And no atm in crossmaglen joe..dont know why no joe..its a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Has Joe done NO research on this subject?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

All this "The tourists won't come if they take our machine away" gubbins just doesn't ring true.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah stop lads bad bad line. Talk into the bloody phone for Christ sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Joe:" and Bally the Hob"

I am pretty sure the name of the place is "Ballydehob"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

RadioRetro wrote: »
    All this "The tourists won't come if they take our machine away" gubbins just doesn't ring true.

It's true, I just cancelled my 2 weeks in Lisdoonvarna cos they have no ATM

I know it's supposed to sound that way, but the 11890 or whatever ad just sounds sh1te. So bad it seems to be a cheap knockoff and I wouldn't touch the business with the proverbial.

so the woman is wondering who is her birth mother...mmm...lol

How is this of interest to anyone?

• Advertisement

If that 11890 ad didn't have eircom part it could have been from the '70s. You get what you wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Paparazzo wrote: »

we were in doolin last year going to the aaran islands and went looking for an atm there only to find no atm and were told to go to lisdoonvarna. Never bothered going to lisdoonvarna or the aaran islands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Lol time to switch off...

Does this really need to be discussed on the wireless.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Well if its their story why are YOU on live lahnnnnn telling Joe all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The birth mother has every right to say she doesn't want contact. It's hardly fair to criticise her years and years later.

Paparazzo wrote: »

Ha! I always use ATMFinder.ie before I book anywhere, can't abide being further than 100m from one.

At least every second show...duffy asks the question .."and what frame did you put on it?" who has ever heard anyone ever ask this question?

like his ...whats your difference...is he trying to invent joeglish?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

The birth mother has every right to say she doesn't want contact. It's hardly fair to criticise her years and years later.

true but fairly fcuked up thing to do

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

OMG this woman is infuriating, how can she dictate what the birth mother should or shouldn't do. It was a different time, she doesn't know what she may have gone through and how hard it was for her. Its making me so angry :mad:

• Advertisement

Sounds like this woman is pushing the whole agenda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

county wrote: »
    true but fairly fcuked up thing to do

Yeah but imagine how difficult it was at the time that woman gave birth...to go through 9 months of pregnancy, to have to give up that baby, to try and live her life normally. And then to expect her to have to live all that again. We can't really judge it by today's standards, where it is much MUCH easier to be a lone parent or unmarried mother. Imagine at the age of 70 or whatever have to explain to your husband, your children, your grandchildren what happened to you all those years ago.

nosey guy wrote: »
    At least every second show...duffy asks the question .."and what frame did you put on it?" who has ever heard anyone ever ask this question?

like his ...whats your difference...is he trying to invent joeglish?

Was gonna post the same thing..he really does pick a term or word to use every day then works it in to as many calls as he can that day.

oh christ "how extensive is the BLANKET ban on communications" so very stupid joe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Sounds like this woman is pushing the whole agenda

Yeah. She sounds like she has a real wide on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

This is shíte. What does she expect the mother to do? Move on to some idiot getting scammed on donedeal joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Adoption is a very personal issue, of immense importance to the adoptee and birth mother, but is it appopriate for discussion on the national airways? Often, a birth mother's family (parents, siblings, husband and other kids) have no idea that there is a child out there, and to try to make contact again after so many years can be very traumatic (for both parties, sure).

she needs to stop making that noise with her mouth

she's beginning to sound like marian finucane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Yeah but imagine how difficult it was at the time that woman gave birth...to go through 9 months of pregnancy, to have to give up that baby, to try and live her life normally. And then to expect her to have to live all that again. We can't really judge it by today's standards, where it is much MUCH easier to be a lone parent or unmarried mother. Imagine at the age of 70 or whatever have to explain to your husband, your children, your grandchildren what happened to you all those years ago.

i take your point but why did she agree to meet in the first place.

what if shes ex directory missus

• Advertisement

Your not tempted to ring her but your happy to go on whineline and cristicise her?

WTF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement