Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 scope

Options
  • 08-12-2014 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a scope for a .22, well actually 2, one in 4-16 x 40 or 44 and another in 6-24 x 40 or 44

a mildot reticle is the only real essential.

about €150-200 budget but closer to 150 if possible.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sorry if i sound like a broken record, but look no further.

Within your budget, in your mag requirements, in your objective requirements, with Mil-Dot reticle. All sub €190 (each) or so depending on dealer.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cass wrote: »
    Sorry if i sound like a broken record, but look no further.

Within your budget, in your mag requirements, in your objective requirements, with Mil-Dot reticle. All sub €190 (each) or so depending on dealer.

havent seen the 4-16 anywhere for under 210. Hawkes prices have seemed to have gone up.

Have a scope in mind for my own in 4-16 but still no luck finding the 6-24.

Is the budget too low for a 6-24?

Bought my one some 18 - 24 months ago for €169. I know they've gone up in price, but i though they could still be gotten for under €200. Last time i checked with Sean he was doing them for €190 or so. in 6-24.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Bought my one some 18 - 24 months ago for €169. I know they've gone up in price, but i though they could still be gotten for under €200. Last time i checked with Sean he was doing them for €190 or so. in 6-24.

Cheers must give him a call and see.

• Advertisement

When last looking at a Hawke Sidewinder i was surprised by the price hike. From €340 when i first them to €410. All in under two years.

So perhaps i'm way off on my price thinking, but surely they could not impose the same 20% rise and even if they did from €169 with 20% would still leave it at €200.

If ya call him tell him you're interested in both scopes (4-16 & 6-24). He always does a deal on such things. If he has risen to the prices you said above let me know. Would be interested to see.

When last looking at a Hawke Sidewinder i was surprised by the price hike. From €340 when i first them to €410. All in under two years.

So perhaps i'm way off on my price thinking, but surely they could not impose the same 20% rise and even if they did from €169 with 20% would still leave it at €200.

If ya call him tell him you're interested in both scopes (4-16 & 6-24). He always does a deal on such things. If he has risen to the prices you said above let me know. Would be interested to see.

I usually have a look at them on the deben/hawke site and they always seem to be going up and up.

You had the 4-16 wasnt it? how are they on the higher end of magnification for daylight shooting? I know they wont be top of the range.

The sidewinder on max power, during daylight was good for 350 - 500 depending on conditions. Anything further and the cheaper glass really showed up. I had/have the 6-24 and 8-32.

On the Varmint i had the 6-24. For up to 100 yards it was perfect. At 200 yards still more than good enough. After this this the smaller objective lens, 25mm tube, etc. was a pain in the ass, but on a .17 hmr it's all i needed. I still have a 4-16 on the hmr and it's perfect.

Ya got to remember the range of the rifle when choosing a scope. Who cares if it's crap on high power at 300 yards if the rifle is a .22lr and can only shoot to max off 100 yards where the mag does not cause issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

There was a Hawke Varmint 6-24 for sale in hilltop range for €175 . Otherwise the Hawkes have shot up in price I recently got a quote of €450 for a Sidewinder!

Advertisement