Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun licence query

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ProfanityURL

Thanks. I was thinking of keeping it at home when I'm not using it for any length of time as the house at home is drier so would be better storage conditions. I might ring the FO once the license comes through and ask about adding another address.

If they have to contact you first its no hassle as I could just spin home and pick up the gun and pop it back in my own safe. I'm just afraid incase they would turn up at the doorstep. The FO said he probably wouldn't need to check the gunsafe, he just asked me did I have one. But I imagine they might come out at least once to check it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I wouldn't bet my licence on the idea that they have to contact you first :D
    You should be able to add an address with an FCA2, but that address would probably have to be inspected as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

In section 3.5 of the FCA1 it asks if the firearm will normally be stored at a location other than your home. Could this not be used?

I have used it for one of mine. My mate and i are joint licensed on it. Both of us conform to the secure accommodation act. However i would bet you could list your Father's address as a "secondary address" and store it there on occasion, but that is a guess and you are, of course, better of checking before doing anything.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

Sparks wrote: »
    Could be, since you listed the safe at your address. Depends on whether your local superintendent was okay with it or not, and nobody but your local super could answer that one.
    I wouldn't do it myself though.

There was a bit of a push a few years back to inspect safes after licences had been granted, I had a phone call with my FO about it at the time, but I've not heard of one since. Which doesn't mean it doesn't happen, you understand, I'm not the oracle at Delphi :D
    My F.O. checked my safe 2 weeks ago as I bought a shotgun, so I'll have 2 firearms in the house. He saw where it was bolted to the wall, checked my. 22 serial number against my licence and his notes and asked where the keys were kept. Nice fella actually. Just waiting for my letter bout the shotgun licence now.

Advertisement