Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My School. 1980's. HSE and Headmaster child abuse!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Whoever added the tag "wanna be paedo victim" is an asshat

http://www.philebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mcpoyles.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

were the letters on HSE headed paper? given that it was established in 2001 that's some pretty good foresight.

Presumably HSE is peadophile slang for something or other and they were merely telling parents the truth about thier sordid activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Brightest_Nite

foxinsox wrote: »
    Have you taken official action on this?

If any of these things mentioned above did happen at your school I would not think that here is the place to be discussing it.

If any of my teachers or anyone in authority had ever done any of that to me I would be sickened at the thought that it is being discussed in this forum.

Surely there is a more appropriate place for it.

Already mentioned by another poster:

You would want to be very sure of facts before you go making a sweeping statement on here about the HSE.

I'm not saying that I don't believe it happened, just this isn't the place.
    On the contrary, this is the place, its the exact correct place.
    I stated, it may of been an individual pretending to be a hse official. Its not hard now, and wasn't back then, to produce fake letters.

Did the thought ever cross your mind that maybe they just told you that they were testing for scoliosis.

To put your mind at ease when they nonced you up,yeah?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I recall being fondled by a nurse when I was in school. No worries. Its only a pity its not still happening to me.

• Advertisement

Well don't be surprised if someone approaches you in regard to what you've posted here.

Yes..somebody with a big net and a straitjacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I stated, it may of been an individual pretending to be a hse official. Its not hard now, and wasn't back then, to produce fake letters.

It is hard to believe that people can tell the future.

You got the fact that tests were done right, but you kind of ****ed up on the link to the paedo's mate.

This isn't a quit while you are ahead scenario, you are already pretty far behind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lol @ tags

I went to primary school in late 80s/early 90s. I remember this exam. No teachers were involved. A female doctor and a 1-2 female nurses.
    For us, 2 males, the headmaster and another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Did the thought ever cross your mind that maybe they just told you that they were testing for scoliosis.

You really just want to have been abused don't you? Mr garrisson, is that you?

Degsy wrote: »
    They did it when i was in school..it always created a big stir amongst the kids.
    A fat nurse would arrive and give you a going over..you were weighed,measured and had your eyes and teeth looked at.
    The highlight(not) was when she cupped your balls and told you to cough..this,i later found out was to test for improperly descended testicles.
    ................or so you were told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

no never crossed my mind...

probably the fact that the nurse checked my back (with my vest on)

there wasn't teachers or other pupils present

there wasn't a HSE fake representative

they didn't fondle my bits

they didn't take photos

So I believe they were testing for scoliosis :)

HSE was formerly Regional Health Boards afaik

Eastern Health Board
    Southern Health Board etc..

Same thing more or less just each region was seperate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Whoever added the tag "wanna be paedo victim" is an asshat

You calling me an ass hat?

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I was in primary school in the mid 80's I remember getting an exam but I stayed in my vest and knickers I had to walk on a sponge floor in my bare feet it was something to do with posture I think and it was nurses doing it
    They said it was for posture. That is what they told us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

This guy was pretending to be a HSE official?

Were the parent's not alerted to something being amiss when they received a letter in the mid 80s from an organisation that didn't exist til 2004?(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You calling me an ass hat?

Yes, it's "wannabe".

Well the idea that teachers would,in cahoots with sinister agents from the HSE molest an entire class full of children and then tell the parents,seems to be stretching credulity a bit.
    But you are all missing a vital point here. If those exams were so crucial to the childs health, then how come they are not performed today?

Are you all now stating that the HSE is neglecting children?

Answers please?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They probably just didnt wanna look:D
    Everyone wants to look at the Wibbly wobbly bits. Its a law, like gravity.
    foxinsox wrote: »
    Maybe cameras weren't invented yet :D
    True though I do recall some compromising preliminary silverpoint sketches.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I really want to make a joke about the "brightest" part of his username

• Advertisement

But you are all missing a vital point here. If those exams were so crucial to the childs health, then how come they are not performed today?

Answers please?

To be honest i think you should be off making lampshades or something..

The net wasn't so huge in the 80's.

I remember the exam you are talking about, no one took a picture. It actually mate a pleasant change from the Brother who was our headmaster beating the **** out of us.
    Our headmasters favourite was strangling the children until their faces went red and blue.

Answers please?

abuse yay or nay, child abuse, daphne is a ride, different strokes, gary glitter, ghey thread, he's mad, hse, im deprived of attention, nonsense garbage, optimus prime, pedobear, state education, the mystery machine., the pied piper, this is madness!, wanna be paedo victim.

abuse yay or nay, child abuse, daphne is a ride, different strokes, gary glitter, ghey thread, he's mad, hse, im deprived of attention, nonsense garbage, optimus prime, pedobear, state education, the mystery machine., the pied piper, this is madness!, wanna be paedo victim.

+ "tinfoil hats!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

They did it when i was in school..it always created a big stir amongst the kids.
    A fat nurse would arrive and give you a going over..you were weighed,measured and had your eyes and teeth looked at.
    The highlight(not) was when she cupped your balls and told you to cough..this,i later found out was to test for improperly descended testicles.
    yeah i had to get an exam but from my local gp when i went to do sports, not in school

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Our headmasters favourite was strangling the children until their faces went red and blue.
    Homer Simpson was your headmaster? :eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Answers please?

They still do eye tests and vaccines in schools. I think that with the advances in medicine over the years it's no longer necessary to screen for physical developmental problems in school. Kids are continuously screened from an early age these days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Good Gawd, Nite, you certainly ain't the brightest. In the 1980s it would have been the Health Board Public Health Nurse, sometimes accompanied by a Health Board Area Medical Officer. Unless you know of/have experienced explicit examples child sex abuse, then do not be making wild allegations in a forum that you have just joined. Also be aware that making or stating on a forum, those wild allegations, leaves you wide open to litigation. The Gardai are the appropriate authority for any specific allegation to be reported to. If you are not going to do that, then don't be surprised with the welcome you will get here.

bluewolf wrote: »
    + "tinfoil hats!"

There should be an "ass hats" tag too.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Fuckin tags are dynamite on this thread. :D
    It just goes to show how much scum reside on this Internet and on these boards. You laugh and joke about child abuse. Do you feel really good about yourself now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement