Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Wallace

Options

Comments

man98 wrote: »
    Besides breaking into an airport and wearing casual things to work, he really hasn't done much for Wexford. Then again, he does live in Dublin...

He is a TD in the national Dail, not a councillor. Learn what your representatives are meant to do first

• Registered Users Posts: 51,488 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm delighted that Mick is exposing corruption and cronyism. Hope he continues.
    However is he not a bit hypocritical after his own tax antics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I'm delighted that Mick is exposing corruption and cronyism. Hope he continues.
    However is he not a bit hypocritical after his own tax antics?

Check with any builders you might know small or big when the **** hit the fan in 2007 and people decided not to pay their builder, the builder had to take drastic action, including delaying not paying their vat to keep their people employed. I failed in my struggle to keep afloat. Easy for people who had not the guts to take a chance to criticize the like Mick Wallace that did and the success he had. I think that Mick will retain his seat the next time around when you look at the trash in FG turncoat Hospital candidate and the other clowns that made promises and reneged. Will Howlin take his 5 million pension pot plus his golden handshake or have the guts to let the people chose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Check with any builders you might know small or big when the **** hit the fan in 2007 and people decided not to pay their builder, the builder had to take drastic action, including delaying not paying their vat to keep their people employed. I failed in my struggle to keep afloat. Easy for people who had not the guts to take a chance to criticize the like Mick Wallace that did and the success he had. I think that Mick will retain his seat the next time around when you look at the trash in FG turncoat Hospital candidate and the other clowns that made promises and reneged. Will Howlin take his 5 million pension pot plus his golden handshake or have the guts to let the people chose.

thats all well and good, but it is still a valid point. Mick took pension money off his employees wages, and didnt submit it to the CIF pension fund where it was supposed to go. He gave himself and family member director a massive payout when his direct employees, subbys were left wanting, some never getting paid, not just having to wait. And the tax issue on top of that again. The dodgy manoeuvring in shifting property and assets to family members so it wasnt in his name.

Granted, it was indeed a tough time, and I know he was trying to get things in order and make the best of a horrible situation, but he was far from transparent or legit in how he went about a lot of his financial dealings at that time, and it shouldnt just be brushed off as nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

He is a TD in the national Dail, not a councillor. Learn what your representatives are meant to do first

Any decent representative will have accomplished something in their reign. As much as I dislike FG, I must admit we haven't had any marches around the town to keep a 24 hour A+E service in our hospital since FF were kicked out. Nobody knows what John Browne did... don't ask me why people still vote for him, Howlin has allocated funding where it is needed most and meanwhile Wallace and Kehoe has nothing to show for themselves in Wexford. Did I see Wallace out campaigning of even endorsing sides in any referendum? We know what he's against, but what the hell is he for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

John Brown is the go to man in Enniscorthy for favours.
    Top ten safest seats in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Is Browne running again? Definitely 1 FF seat maybe 2 if they run the right candidate. Wallace and Inds will affect Sinn Fein chances in Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

kneemos wrote: »
    John Brown is the go to man in Enniscorthy for favours.
    Top ten safest seats in the country.

Sad reflection on the politicians who represent us on a National basis and on the system that we, the people, endorse so readily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

I think his son James is running for election on the back of all the potholes his father repaired. Browne is officially stepping down at the election after a long and colourful career representing someone or something like that.

When you see the comments here, you realise that the people of Ireland get what they deserve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

When you see the comments here, you realise that the people of Ireland get what they deserve

you certainly do in Cork With the lynch's your choice

Tell me about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Del.Monte wrote: »
    He got my 1st preference (and only vote cast by me) last time and he will again. He's one of the only TDs up there who does anything and he's in a different league compared to fools like Howlin and Kehoe.

But he has long hair and doesn't wear a suit! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

Not easy see the work he has done in wx but he will get the anti establishment vote

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

2forjoy wrote: »
    Not easy see the work he has done in wx but he will get the anti establishment vote

Perhaps that's because he is more than a parish pump/pot hole filling, arsehole like most of our so called politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Perhaps that's because he is more than a parish pump/pot hole filling, arsehole like most of our so called politicians.

Because he doesn't get involved in fecky local issues is probably why I'll vote for him next time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

+1 on that.
    It absolutely made my blood boil to hear the like of Kenny,Gilmore and Rabbit who never done a decent days work or employed anyone in their life sneering ar MWs VAT problems when they never had to lie in bed in cold sweats on a Tuesday night wondering if you could make wages on a Friday or is your wife going to have a load of people outside the house looking for money.

They never employed people but EKs own FG office was good at paying cash in hand to their employees.

His dealings with family and finances seem a little suspect and im not sure if he has fully answered them fully but I remember seeing him when his firm was going well and employing a lot of people and he out laying kerbs at the side of the site with the rest of the lads instead of dining in Patrick Gillbauds.

Seems to me to be a man with a lot of integrity IMO but as always that is up to the good people of Wexford to decide if he is the real deal for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Coming back to the thread it's strange to see the poll is closed while comments are open.
    Judging by the results here it would appear Wallace is a certainty to top the poll in Wexford and probably be elected on the first count. Not bad going for someone who was a "no hoper" in 2011 and suffered ridicule, abuse and obstruction in his term in Dáil Eireann. Credit where it is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

None of the politicians from the county could be accused of that-it might involve some work,one of the most economically deprived counties in the country yet not one even tried to help the place.As much as I don't like the parish pump politics we see it would help if some of them made good their promises of industry and jobs for the region.
    I've got to give it to Wallace,he's not afraid to make his feelings known and bring to attention the behind the scenes brown envelopes and palm greasing that's still going on behind closed doors in the corridors of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

With thanks to the Mods of this forum, I *think* the poll has now reopened so feel free to cast your vote one way or the other........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I dont agree with parish pump style but how else is Wexford going to get things ? We nearly lost our a and e department there is feck all investment New Ross and Enniscorthy are going down hill, schools are over full nd running out of places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

zerks wrote: »
    None of the politicians from the county could be accused of that-it might involve some work,one of the most economically deprived counties in the country yet not one even tried to help the place.As much as I don't like the parish pump politics we see it would help if some of them made good their promises of industry and jobs for the region.
    I've got to give it to Wallace,he's not afraid to make his feelings known and bring to attention the behind the scenes brown envelopes and palm greasing that's still going on behind closed doors in the corridors of power.

Listening to Howlin with Alan Corcoran on Monday, he single handedly saved the A&E, opened the M11 link, brought natural gas etc. He has lobbied the IDA and sites are at this minute being purchased all over Wexford to bring tens of thousands of jobs, Rosslare Europort is to be developed to rival Dover, blah,blah blah. All contingent on this government being reelected of course. Strangely, no reference to Water Charges, Property Tax, USC, hospital trollies, depletion of services, closure of St. Senan's etc.etc.
    It could have been titled "A Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Labour Party"
    Alan Corcoran is rapidly losing credence as an unbiased interviewer, it was like listening to RTE or Newstalk. I know the unmentionable champion of redacted evidence is a big player in media circles but has he acquired SE radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

So Mick spent an hour in jail for refusing to pay a fine for breaking and entering.

Meanwhile he was willing to put up 5,000 in bail money for a fella who has been charged with membership of the IRA and was caught with a component part of an explosive device.

Sorry Mick but no, that's not what I want from my elected representatives and your actions so far as a TD have helped the people of Wexford, how exactly?

You got my vote the last time but my vote won't be going to you the next time around.

The bail thing was a strange one, but he will still get my one and only preference next time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kawasaki1100

The bail thing was a strange one, but he will still get my one and only preference next time out.

On the subject of bail - what's all this about Mick trying to post bail for some IRA lad during the week?? Don't really get that one, thought he was against guns and all that bad stuff??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

On the subject of bail - what's all this about Mick trying to post bail for some IRA lad during the week?? Don't really get that one, thought he was against guns and all that bad stuff??

Ah sure yer man came from a good family

:rolleyes:

Banjoxed wrote: »
    Ah sure yer man came from a good family

:rolleyes:

Awe great! Think Mick will loose a few votes on that one. Ha ha - that's the best yet - he came from a good family. Suppose it just confirms Mick is just the same as a lot of our TDs - they really don't get it do they? Cheers for the update

Awe great! Think Mick will loose a few votes on that one. Ha ha - that's the best yet - he came from a good family. Suppose it just confirms Mick is just the same as a lot of our TDs - they really don't get it do they? Cheers for the update

Dosent really shed Mick in a good light this, thought he had a bit more cop on. Could the Shinners not have sorted a few bob for the IRA lad instead of Mick making a complete fool of himself all over the media?

Where did Mick Wallace say that it was because the accused Donal O Coisdealbha came from a 'good' family? As far as I can see his family is known to Mick Wallace and that's all that's in the public domain. Interestingly, Donal O Coisdealbha is a stepson of one of the 'Columbia 3 Birdwatchers' http://www.irishnews.com/news/2015/05/18/news/men-charged-with-bomb-plot-ahead-of-charles-visit-123514/

As for losing Mick Wallace votes - his constituency is Co.Wexford not Foxrock and SF have serious support down here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I dont agree with parish pump style but how else is Wexford going to get things ? We nearly lost our a and e department there is feck all investment New Ross and Enniscorthy are going down hill, schools are over full nd running out of places

not from wexford, but one question how does wallace compare with howlin

Advertisement