Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Wallace

Options
  • 15-07-2015 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Firstly-He did not get my vote in the last GE.

What are peoples opinions of his performance so far?
    To me, he seems to be doing a hell of a lot of work compared to others we elected.
    Maybe that's because he features in National news more than the rest?

I'm impressed with him.

Opinions?

Based on his performance so far-Would you give Mick Wallace a 1st preference in the n 59 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 59 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

He got my 1st preference (and only vote cast by me) last time and he will again. He's one of the only TDs up there who does anything and he's in a different league compared to fools like Howlin and Kehoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

The man built a football club from nothing and they currently stand proud at the top of the 1st Division, so I admire him for that. Otherwise, he is as mad as a bag of spanners. Luckily, none of our TDs actually do anything tangible, so no harm having him in the Dail

The man built a football club from nothing and they currently stand proud at the top of the 1st Division, so I admire him for that. Otherwise, he is as mad as a bag of spanners. Luckily, none of our TDs actually do anything tangible, so no harm having him in the Dail

Is he mad? He was right about the Garda penalty points and the Nama money 'resting' Father Ted style in an Isle of Man account to name but two things. This country (and the EU) runs on corruption that would put Greece to shame - I know from my own experiences but unlike Mick Wallace have no way of putting my information out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Is he mad? He was right about the Garda penalty points and the Nama money 'resting' Father Ted style in an Isle of Man account to name but two things. This country (and the EU) runs on corruption that would put Greece to shame - I know from my own experiences but unlike Mick Wallace have no way of putting my information out there.

You could post it up here for us to read it!

huey1975 wrote: »
    You could post it up here for us to read it!

I wish. :D

• Advertisement

You can be right and mad at the same time you know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He's after blowing open the seedy world of NAMA, all while the Finance Minister Noonan is asleep at the wheel!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Send the details onto Mick & if they are anyway credible, he'd have no problem airing them under Dail privilege.....and rightly so if they are credible. (Catherine Murphy would seem to be a good outlet either)

But I have a feeling you wont do that for some reason :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Didn't give him first preference last time, gave it to Howlin but I won't be making that mistake again.
    Fair play to Wallace, he's been the butt of jokes and ridicule from the self centred "senior " TDs but he has proven his mettle. He still has some questions to answer himself but I've come to the conclusion that he has more integrity than most of our government TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Besides breaking into an airport and wearing casual things to work, he really hasn't done much for Wexford. Then again, he does live in Dublin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

- Did'nt give him no.1 last time ,and won't this time either .

Sent him 2 emails - his secretary rang me on the first issue ,and he never replied to me on the 2nd issue , which I got another TD to sort out for me .

He is whistleblowing all over the place lately ,and is going to cost the taxpayer millions , and make barristers / judges / committee members richer .

Probably has a valid reason for doing this , but not in the taxpayers interest , but in his own interest ,if he does'nt get re-elected .

Living in Wexford , I havn't heard of anything he has done for the county .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sent him 2 emails - his secretary rang me on the first issue ,and he never replied to me on the 2nd issue , which I got another TD to sort out for me .

He is whistleblowing all over the place lately ,and is going to cost the taxpayer millions , and make barristers / judges / committee members richer .

Probably has a valid reason for doing this , but not in the taxpayers interest , but in his own interest ,if he does'nt get re-elected .

Its no wonder fianna fail and fine Gael keep getting elected!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 billy111

And here lies the problem with Irish politics. Parish pump politics. Sure go vote for kehoe because he got the road tarred or howlin because he got an application for something through. I overheard a lady last week talking about John Browne 'sure he would sign any form you want'.

Wallace before the last election said he wouldn't do parish pump politics nor attend every funeral he could.

Good on you Mick. Keep exposing that corruption. Help legislate to improve the governance of our country. And don't apologise for not getting the pot holes on that back road filled it. Leave that to Mr kehoe once he is finished standing behind Kenny in every photograph he can.

Mick got my number 1 last time and will next time too

^^^^

I wouldn't vote for Mick, but that is a very valid post

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Kehoe and Howlin are useless for WX, the choices are so limited when it comes to WX politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RustyRobo

Mick must be one of hardest working and effective TDs in the country. He's raised or supported serious national issues around corruption, privilege and government incompetence.

He has also raised pointed issues in the Dail relating specifically to Co.Wexford and supports (and attends) most meetings here related to the loathed austerity measures imposed on the general populace.

His views are clear, forthright and geared to empowering the people with knowledge and exposure to the mechanics employed by the Irish establishment and/or the Dublin "Golden Circle". This is exactly what we need for Ireland and Wexford to move forward.

He got my Number 1 last time and will undoubtedly get it again should he put himself forward at the next election.

I hear this morning that Twomey is not standing for reelection. Very strange that, I wonder is it to give Kehoe a boost, as he was looking shaky or to give Darcy's little boy another crack. FG have a fight to keep two seats this time around and Howlin's position looks decidedly perilous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Howlin has done allot for Wexford new schools, new extensions in hospital, new garda barracks and allot more

Ger Carthy has hinted that he will be running in general election, Deidre Wadding for PBP and Sinn Fein will be Johnny Mythen despite Anthony Kelly being the popular member of Sinn Fein some behind the scenes issues meant he didn't get picked. I don't think those 3 will have a hope in hellof being elected,

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Howlin has done allot for Wexford new schools, new extensions in hospital, new garda barracks and allot more

Ger Carthy has hinted that he will be running in general election, Deidre Wadding for PBP and Sinn Fein will be Johnny Mythen despite Anthony Kelly being the popular member of Sinn Fein some behind the scenes issues meant he didn't get picked. I don't think those 3 will have a hope in hellof being elected,

Howlin is the minister for public service reform, which is the biggest mill stone on the State and he has done NOTHING. He alone did not get the schools, extensions, Garda station etc. He had an ideal opportunity to tackle inefficiency and he bottled it. Shameful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Howlin is the minister for public service reform, which is the biggest mill stone on the State and he has done NOTHING. He alone did not get the schools, extensions, Garda station etc. He had an ideal opportunity to tackle inefficiency and he bottled it. Shameful

As the Minister for Public Expenditure, I'd say that public expenditure for many things is earmarked and allocated by him.

• Advertisement

man98 wrote: »
    As the Minister for Public Expenditure, I'd say that public expenditure for many things is earmarked and allocated by him.

Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, to be precise. The man has failed in his duty Nationally IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nettle

He got my number one and will again next time round. He was the only one of wexford td 's to take a stance for the women of wexford who were in the magdalene laundry in summer hill. Shatter excluded them from the redress but mick listened and fought hard for them. He stood in the Dail by himself and represented them. Howlin, keogh and twomey all forget to request to represent them in the Dail and as the women have said they will be forgotten on voting day

Here here, like he did nothing in previous ministerial positions.

As for Twomey - a joke of a politician and a waste of a seat. Nice pension id say and a grand job to go back to, another happy independent, sorry, fine gael, politician decides not to contest next election as they dont want to be embarrassed in the next election. Labour/fine gael = joke in Wexford.

McLoughlin wrote: »

That was said about Micka "dont **** with me" Wallace, and yet he topped the poll !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wallace doesn't have a Clinic so pretty pointless going to him for favours,considers himself to be a national politician apparently.

Worth his keep as a pot stirrer in fairness.
    Think I read in one of the free rags that he thought he would either top the poll or lose his seat in the next election. Obviously has plans.

Thought he had clinics in ferrycarrig park no?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought he had clinics in ferrycarrig park no?

No idea.He has his constituency office down there.
    To quote himself "I don't do clinics or funerals".

kneemos wrote: »
    Wallace doesn't have a Clinic so pretty pointless going to him for favours,considers himself to be a national politician apparently.

In fairness that's what he was elected to be, we pay councillors good money to look after local issues.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    In fairness that's what he was elected to be, we pay councillors good money to look after local issues.

If you're refused a medical card or planning permission according to the rules how do those rules get changed when a TD gets involved?

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    If you're refused a medical card or planning permission according to the rules how do those rules get changed when a TD gets involved?

That I can't answer but the fact that anybody who is legitimately refused a medical card or planning permission, then is granted it on the intervention of a TD is grounds for concern. It would more than likely constitute fraud and should be reported to AGS.

Advertisement