Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭Tefral

Deadpool is an absolute psychopath, how will they get across his mental instability that makes him such an interesting character in a 13's movie?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

The Punisher films, all three of them aren't all the bad. War Zone was exactly what you'd expect from a Punisher film and the Thomas Jane one wasn't bad at all. The directors cut made it even better though the Punisher did feel as if he'd be more at home in Saw. I picked up the uncut version of the Lundgren version recently and am looking forward to revisiting it.

Trying to build a 200 million dollar film around something like the Punisher or Deadpool is just dumb. In order to justify spending so much Marvel will try at get the biggest possible audience and as such will aim for a teenage friendly audience. In doing so that'll rob these films of much of what makes them work. What a lot of people fail to realise is that The Punisher isn't just graphic violence but has often explored themes and issues which simply won't sit in a PG-13 film.

You make a good point about a big budget ruining these movies. Not sure if we saw the same Punisher movies. The one with Thomas Jane and John Travolta was one the worst films I have ever paid to see. The newer one with Ray Stevenson was better but still well below what I expected.
    Dont get me started on the Ivan Drago one.

The short film, (laundry day?) was brilliant. Exactly like the Punisher should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I've always felt that the Punisher really only works as a character in the context of the larger Marvel universe. Take him out of that and have him fight nameless mob goons and he just turns into a run of the mill vigilante. I don't think he's a big enough character to carry a full budget film on his own.
    Where he could thrive is as a recurring antagonist/desperate ally on the "Daredevil" series on Netflix. He's a perfect contrast with Daredevil showing what would happen to Murdock if completely crossed the line and abandoned his sense of justice. But at the same time Punisher & Daredevil both share Kingpin as an enemy so they could be forced into an uneasy alliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

Came across this some different choices but not sure myself would prefer Reynolds myself and can see why a studio would prefer em especially with a PG13 rating.

Although as some one else pointed out would they need him looka wise if they went with the true character.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/09/23/deadpool-recast-who-could-play-the-merc-with-a-mouth-besides-ryan-reynolds-2291104

Will Arnett is out of left field but I think he would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Marvel seem to forget their first big hit movie was Blade. That one paved the way for the rest. Now they won't give us anything R rated.
    No not everything needs to be R rated. Spider Man, Iron Man, Captain America etc all work fine with the lower ratings.
    The PG13 Deadpool feels more like a business decision rather than a creative one and it's already holding the makers back from making the movie they want to.
    In my opinion Deadpool should be looking at Lucy, an R rated movie that cost $40 million to make and has raked in almost $400 million.
    The problems with the R rated super hero movies is they are usually really cheap and look it, the studios won't give them a proper budget.
    IMHO Dredd is probably one of the best Marvel movies to come out, everyone seems to love it, yet it tanked due to terrible marketing and bad memories of the Stallone version. Them when people heard it was good they just downloaded it for free.
    The same downloaders are probably the ones crying out for a sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ps3lover wrote: »
    Marvel seem to forget their first big hit movie was Blade. That one paved the way for the rest. Now they won't give us anything R rated.
    No not everything needs to be R rated. Spider Man, Iron Man, Captain America etc all work fine with the lower ratings.
    The PG13 Deadpool feels more like a business decision rather than a creative one and it's already holding the makers back from making the movie they want to.
    In my opinion Deadpool should be looking at Lucy, an R rated movie that cost $40 million to make and has raked in almost $400 million.
    The problems with the R rated super hero movies is they are usually really cheap and look it, the studios won't give them a proper budget.
    IMHO Dredd is probably one of the best Marvel movies to come out, everyone seems to love it, yet it tanked due to terrible marketing and bad memories of the Stallone version. Them when people heard it was good they just downloaded it for free.
    The same downloaders are probably the ones crying out for a sequel.

Not Marvel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Neither was Blade .....Marvel Studios have only made Iron Man 1,2,3 , The Incredible Hulk , Captain America 1 and 2, Thor 1 and 2, Guardians, Avengers

the rest Punisher Blade and all the others were all franchises sold off to other studios along Spiderman, Xmen and more when Marvel was going Bankrupt, Punisher, Ghost Rider , Daredevil have all come back to Marvel Studios since, Marvel Studios has never and probably will never make an R Rated movie not for a while anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Neither was Blade .....Marvel Studios have only made Iron Man 1,2,3 , The Incredible Hulk , Captain America 1 and 2, Thor 1 and 2, Guardians, Avengers

the rest Punisher Blade and all the others were all franchises sold off to other studios along Spiderman, Xmen and more when Marvel was going Bankrupt, Punisher, Ghost Rider , Daredevil have all come back to Marvel Studios since, Marvel Studios has never and probably will never make an R Rated movie not for a while anyway

What he meant was Judge Dredd isn't a Marvel character.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm, the recent flurry of posts here reminded I had never actually watched the short, and having just done so, being totally honest, I didn't enjoy that at all. The idea of 2 hours of constant meta smart-assery and 'zany' wisecracks doesn't entice, and feels like as much of a blocker to broad audience suitability as any R-rating would be. At least something like The Punisher is easily moulded as a superhero revenge flick, two genres that are quite popular these days anyway, Deadpool seems like a bit of a Bovril'esque proposition. But hey, many thought Guardians of the Galaxy would be a total disaster, so who know anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The trailer was fun but it was too ridicuously humour orientated. Deadpool is quite a tough film to make because he has that humorous side to him but the psychopathic, twisted part of his character (without humour) is what has always pushed the character into the realm of extremely interesting.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did this revert back to marvel? I thought fox still had the rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did this revert back to marvel? I thought fox still had the rights.

It's still Fox. I'm at a loss as to why people are blaming Marvel for making this a PG13; they know their characters very well (For obvious reasons) and know an R-Rated Deadpool is the right Deadpool.

The issue here lies with Fox. They have admitted themselves the film was given the go ahead once they were promised a PG13 rating. Now, I'm not going to join the troops insantly calling this a death blow; the film can still deliver, a rating doesn't make a film bad or good, the acting and script make a film bad or good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,887 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Confirmed: Deadpool Movie Will Be Part Of The X-Men Universe.
    “There’s definitely a sort of overall plan that we’ve all been talking about for the X-Men universe now, and Deadpool obviously fits into that. So yeah, I guess I would say it’s part of certainly an overall timeline and thought process that goes into these films, some of which is inspired by the comics and some which is inspired by seeing what Marvel’s done with telling a larger tapestry and linking all those movies together, even as they stand independently as well. The same kind of thought is going to go into these X-Men movies at Fox.”

http://io9.com/confirmed-deadpool-movie-will-be-part-of-the-x-men-uni-1642492482

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Best news I've heard in a while, even if I heard it kinda late... Can't wait now!

W512HjT.jpg

• Advertisement

Ryan Reynolds to Return as ‘Deadpool..
    Reynolds announced the news by posting an image Thursday of the Deadpool character on his Twitter account.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ryan-reynolds-to-return-as-deadpool-in-x-men-spinoff-1201371234/

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/540594148097916928/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Why does Variety always have "repped by XXXXXX" in their stories?

Also good casting :) Anyone into video games who thinks deadpool will be ruined in the movie should pay the game (its not a great game, its actually a bit crap) but its very well done in Deadpool style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Why does Variety always have "repped by XXXXXX" in their stories?

Also good casting :) Anyone into video games who thinks deadpool will be ruined in the movie should pay the game (its not a great game, its actually a bit crap) but its very well done in Deadpool style.

The game is good craic but I hate Deadpool's voice actor in it. Way too cartoon wacky. Reynolds' wry delivery should be brilliant, seeing as I still primarily think of him as Berg from Two Guys and a Girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

A Neurotic wrote: »
    The game is good craic but I hate Deadpool's voice actor in it. Way too cartoon wacky. Reynolds' wry delivery should be brilliant, seeing as I still primarily think of him as Berg from Two Guys and a Girl.
    I actually thought Nolan North pulled off the "I'm completely bat**** insane" thing quite well.

I do think Reynolds is good casting for this though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I need to find it but theres a issue where Wade actually says he looks like Reynolds. Keeping Reynolds was a no brainer. More confident in Reynolds than Tatum. Big Year in 2016 for X-Men Universe

• Advertisement

‘Deadpool’ Recruits T.J. Miller and Ed Skrein.
    Now that Deadpool has an official 2016 release date, the film revolving around the mutant mercenary character created by Rob Liefeld can begin to assemble a cast in earnest. Ryan Reynolds stars, having been attached to the role for several years. Now you’ll see TJ Miller in Deadpool, and Ed Skrein (Game of Thrones, and The Transporter Legacy reboot) amongst the cast ranks as well.

The Wrap reports on the addition of Miller and Skrein. The film is an action-comedy, in keeping with the tone of the character’s comic book appearances.

http://www.slashfilm.com/tj-miller-in-deadpool/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

‘Deadpool’ Recruits T.J. Miller and Ed Skrein.

http://www.slashfilm.com/tj-miller-in-deadpool/

Who they playing? Any hints?

The only hint out there is Skrein could be the villian.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/01/06/deadpool-transformers-4-game-of-thrones-actors-up-for-roles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

The only hint out there is Skrein could be the villian.

read somewhere that TJ Miller was in talks to play a headvoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

x1GRe96.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gina Carano in talks to join too

The most important question hasn't been asked yet. Who will play Bob?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gina Carano in talks to join too

Dont think she is a great actress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

is it still gonna be PG or 12's? or whatever the rating is these days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The only female characters who should be in this are Siryn (who would give some cross property links if Fox wanted to go that way) or Blind Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭Tefral

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The only female characters who should be in this are Siryn (who would give some cross property links if Fox wanted to go that way) or Blind Al.

Eh? Domino?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The pic above of the mask, Reynolds put a comment with it to say that he put the photo in that sepia colour because the mask is in early stages and is actually ballerina pink :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Good news, she is one of the best looking actresses in Hollywood, she also does a lot of voice work on animations and she voices a computer on the Flash TV series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/16/ryan-reynolds-morena-baccarin-have-begun-filming-deadpool-/

filming is set to begin this week on Deadpool for Morena Baccarin and star Ryan Reynolds. The latter recently took part in an official photoshoot for the film. Seems like we'll get an official look at him as the Merc With A Mouth some point soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Morena Baccarin will be playing Copycat and T.J. Miller will be playing Weasel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ryan Reynolds released the first official image of Deadpool's costume

CBHaEuLVIAAj5Lz.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/27/ryan-reynolds-reveals-official-deadpool-costume/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

This is confirmed as Rated R which means it'll be at least a 15s or 16s rating here, hopefully it's a hard R so it's 18s and lives up to it's potential with lots of violence and vulgarity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This made me giddy with excitement so happy this movie is happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

They were filming it here in Vancouver last weekend.

Traffic was bonkers, so this better be good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is confirmed as Rated R which means it'll be at least a 15s or 16s rating here, hopefully it's a hard R so it's 18s and lives up to it's potential with lots of violence and vulgarity

Would an 18s not be NC-17 in the states? Violence and vulgarity wouldn't get you an NC-17 rating these days. I thought this was pegged as a PG-13 ages ago anyway, did they come out and say it's R now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Would an 18s not be NC-17 in the states? Violence and vulgarity wouldn't get you an NC-17 rating these days. I thought this was pegged as a PG-13 ages ago anyway, did they come out and say it's R now?

Nah it varies a lot because the Irish and UK may require certain shots to be edited out that differ from the American versions of cinema screenings as far as I know, certain violence or nudity scenes or use of certain curse words such as "c*nt" can be taken differently by each. Just google a list of R rated movies and you'll find examples of ones that we rated as 15s and 18s, like Old boy there is R but 18s here and Kick Ass is R but 15s here. And yeah, they confirmed bloody violence, cursing and nudity. Even in the above video he says "fuk you Slater". Ballsy move by them to be fair so hope it does well at box office to prove a point.

Just realised the video brian posted above says it will be rated R, nice one! (It was blocked at work so I couldn't see it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just realised the video brian posted above says it will be rated R, nice one! (It was blocked at work so I couldn't see it).

took me a few minutes to cop on to the slater part :o

• Advertisement

Deadpool-Vancouver-filming.jpg?056236

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04/08/ed-skrein-reveal-his-role-in-deadpool-2842736?lt_source=external

Still expecting the usual Reynolds sh*t fest with this, but if they are drawing from Joe Kelly's run on the character that can only be a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Does he always wear the mask or will we see Ryan reynolds face ?

There was a photo doing the rounds last week of him without the mask but with a scarred face.

• Advertisement
Advertisement