Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else wish they went to UL

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

rachel_123 wrote: »
    UL is great because of its nightlife, lots of gigs and its localised all in one place. its more a place for people who want to party and not as much learn( although im not going to over generalise)

you pretty much did! but its ok... you made a pretty good point overall.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Wrote to a few places to find out which would be a better degree for the career path I want to follow ; Computer Systems in UL or Comp. Science in UCC. All said UCC. I was surprised, expecting UL to have a great reputation worldwide given how many foreign students it takes in every year, but I was told by everyone to go to UCC.

So, here I am. Spent 6 years going to secondary school near UL. Great campus, lovely scenery. Horrible atmosphere, lots of scobes. Great food and facilities, everything is far too spread apart though.

From a practical point of view, UCC wins for me. Expensive for me, as a Limerick lad, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 surfandturf

rachel_123 wrote: »
    UL is great because of its nightlife, lots of gigs and its localised all in one place. its more a place for people who want to party and not as much learn( although im not going to over generalise)

UCC is great because of its campus, degrees and i've heard it has the best results in ireland.(again im not going to steriotype everyone saying there all great in school, cos there not haha)

must say i think nightlife in cork is far better than limerick. Far enough theres good craic around the housing estates but cork has better nightclubs and more of them ! Cork city centre is walking distance from most people while UL only have the lodge ( ****HOLE!!) nearby and have to get taxis in and out of town .... although i did walk it last UL rag week ... a sobering experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

must say i think nightlife in cork is far better than limerick. Far enough theres good craic around the housing estates but cork has better nightclubs and more of them ! Cork city centre is walking distance from most people while UL only have the lodge ( ****HOLE!!) nearby and have to get taxis in and out of town .... although i did walk it last UL rag week ... a sobering experience :D

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

The Lodge isn't great. Nice enough though, at times. Trooms inside in town is great craic. Molly's was very nice the few times I was there.

The problem ?

There is nowhere else in Limerick !

• Advertisement
Advertisement