Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android 5.0 and Nexus announcement thread!

1789101113»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

iamstop wrote: »
    Ugh. Lollipop killed my fav game and kills my battery. Wish I never *up?*graded.

I play a decent amount of Dead Rising 2 on my 2013 Nexus 7. It used to play fine before with the very seldom slight glitch. Now, however, the frame rate seems like it is about 3/4 what it used to be and drops to much lower pretty often.

On top of that I used to get days out of it if left idle, now I seem to be charging most days even with light use.

Will this ever be fixed? The frikkin thing pretty much went obsolete over night. Head = Wrecked.

Ok, so got the 5.0.2 update today. MUUUUUUCH better. Pretty back to the 4.X performance but with the new 5.X look and features.

Happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Got 5.0.2 OTA on my nexus 10 last night. Have not done much with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Move came in today, definitely feels much more responsive...

I have to row back on this big time. Endless hanging and crashing, unresponsiveness, my Nexus 7 became a right dog. I turned off all the animations and wiped the cache and it seems to be better, still a bit of hanging on occasion. I would have stayed on KitKat had I known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I have to row back on this big time. Endless hanging and crashing, unresponsiveness, my Nexus 7 became a right dog. I turned off all the animations and wiped the cache and it seems to be better, still a bit of hanging on occasion. I would have stayed on KitKat had I know,

Yeah I've had the 5.02 myself a while now but I notice that it seems to be consuming a lot more power now than it did before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Any idea how long more for the note 3 on three network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭corkie

Android 5.0.2 factory images for Nexus 7 Mobile (2013 and 2012).

If people have working 2012 models on kitkat (without much lag), might want to wait and find out how other people's reaction to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭corkie

Android 5.1: Unwrapping a new Lollipop update

Android 5.1, the first Lollipop maintenance release, is on the way

No factory images available for it yet, but guess they will be available soon!

Factory Images for : -
    Nexus 5 (5.1.0 (LMY47D) )
    Nexus 10 (5.1.0 (LMY47D) )
    Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi 2012) ( 5.1.0 (LMY47D) )

Are now available!

Edit: New Android Lollipop 5.1.0 thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Goolay

SOrry guys - wrong thread, thought I was in the Nexus 5 thread - please delete
    ---
    Hi guys,

I'm RMA'ing my Nexus 5 for a second time (GPS issues).

My bootloader is currently unlocked as I was impatient previously for the Lollipop update. I need to send it back in a few days- will google have issues with the RMA if the bootloader is unlocked? It isn't rooted.

Is there an easy guide to re-locking the bootloader if necessary?

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just got the 5.1 update to my Nexus 5. Any problems with 5.1 or should I go ahead & update ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Go ahead and update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement