Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭GIMP

jca wrote: »
    Bring it back to the shop and get a new one.

The phone is a year old so you will not get a new replacement phone or did you mean battery? repair would be the norm!

Its the battery, its a known issue with the S4, Samsung did a recall of the battery last year. Same thing happened to my S4 but only after a few months of purchase.

I just bought a new battery and the issue never reoccurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

A part from E bay does anyone know where the best place to buy a battery is online or around the Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

A part from E bay does anyone know where the best place to buy a battery is online or around the Dublin area.
    Syncron.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

massy086 wrote: »
    Syncron.ie

Thanks for that and the company is in the D15 area which makes it handy for me to get too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Having serious hassle with my S4. Installed the latest update, and ever since, the phone will reboot randomly, seemingly every half hour or so.

I'm getting a warning about storage as well, that I never had before. Seemingly now, only 9GBs of the 16GBs is available - I have a 32GB card in as additional storage, but the phone won't use this (can't move apps to it, despite the phone recognising that the card is docked)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Seemingly now, only 9GBs of the 16GBs is available

Thats been an issue since the phone first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Battery has gradually gotten worse on mine and until recently discovered the battery is swelling substantially

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Thats been an issue since the phone first came out.

Perhaps. Never had the storage warning come up though. (Even though i've deleted some of my bigger apps)

Thinking of rooting now, and putting on some ROM or other. Something like Lollipop stock - i've no interest in the Samsung features that come with Touchwiz.

Anyone have any recommendations of a good, stable ROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Only problem with the battery I have is it gets quite hot, which is down to the screen. Changed to custom ROM and it has improved battery performance greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

pad199207 wrote: »
    Battery has gradually gotten worse on mine and until recently discovered the battery is swelling substantially

I had the same issue with mine and had to send it to get the battery replaced free of charge as it was a problem with a certain batch of phones. I'm with 3. I have no issues with the phone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭south

I've been using these for the last while and they work grand
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/1414104

Take about a month to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭markc91

My phones being knocking off a lot recently when i take it out of my pocket it is knocked off it turns back on no problem just wondering does anyone know anything about it

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Anyone with an S4 i9505 still on 4.3? My S4 is unlocked and whenever I look to update to search for updates it tells me I'm on the latest software. I'm on Meteor.

Also, can't update via Kies 3 as it just says it can't connect ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I think my battery might be on its way out. It's started draining very quick. 35% in 90 minutes of very light use yesterday with nothing running in the background. If not being used the battery % will slowly rise again. There's no swelling of any note that I can see. I have the phone since May '13 so I've done well out of this battery.

Where is the best place to get a genuine replacement? I have the Battery Guru app installed, if I reset that and start it learning again will that do anything for the battery until I get it replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

markc1184 wrote: »
    I think my battery might be on its way out. It's started draining very quick. 35% in 90 minutes of very light use yesterday with nothing running in the background. If not being used the battery % will slowly rise again. There's no swelling of any note that I can see. I have the phone since May '13 so I've done well out of this battery.

Where is the best place to get a genuine replacement? I have the Battery Guru app installed, if I reset that and start it learning again will that do anything for the battery until I get it replaced?

Anker batteries are very good

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2600mAh-Battery-Compatibility-18-Month-Warranty/dp/B00CBTTA4A

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

markc1184 wrote: »

i bought one from this guy on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201227038182?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Worked out about 6/7 quid and was delivered in a couple of days. The difference it has made is incredible. Im ordering another today just to charge up and throw in my pocket if im going out on a long session etc etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I find my battery suffers badly in the cold weather. I walked into town last night and the battery went from 15% to dead in about 10 minutes. It wouldn't reboot fully without dying. Half an hour later, in the warmth indoors, I was able to start it up and it had 10% battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

J o e wrote: »
    I find my battery suffers badly in the cold weather. I walked into town last night and the battery went from 15% to dead in about 10 minutes. It wouldn't reboot fully without dying. Half an hour later, in the warmth indoors, I was able to start it up and it had 10% battery.

i posted about this also. I used to leave mine in the car during work. Came out one day and it was very cold. Turned on the phone and it went from 40 percent to dead in no time. Had read about problems with the batteries in cold so turned on the heater in the car and held the battery up to it. Let it heat for a while tried it again and i was back up to 40 percent!!!

I cant explain it but it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

rogieop wrote: »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201227038182?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Worked out about 6/7 quid and was delivered in a couple of days. The difference it has made is incredible. Im ordering another today just to charge up and throw in my pocket if im going out on a long session etc etc..

Just after buying one of these. Battery is lasting only 3 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 USD Inflation Swap

I'v run out of memory on my S4. Where can I buy an sd card and how much do they cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I'v run out of memory on my S4. Where can I buy an sd card and how much do they cost?

Not difficult to do at all on this phone. Try amazon, awhile ago they where going for very cheap in a sale.........half price or so still it seems:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDB-032G-B35-Class-Memory-Change/dp/B002G12OBO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1421962744&sr=8-4&keywords=32gb+sd+card

EDIT: this is the exact one i bought for my s4 and is a better class for same price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Mobile-microSDHC-Adapter-SDSDQU-032G-U46A/dp/B007JTKLEK/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1421963326&sr=1-2&keywords=SanDisk+Mobile+Ultra+microSDHC+32+GB+UHS-I+Class+10+Memory+Card+30+MB%2Fs+%2B+SD+Adapter+%2B+Memory+Zone+App

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Try these they are based in celbridge so postage wont be so bad or slow. If you are close by you can pick up also.

http://www.memoryc.ie/products/type/Flash_Memory_Cards/microSD/index.html#Capacity=32GB&Speed_Rating=CL10&page=0

I cant use the SD card on mine for anything but photo's wish I knew before purchasing. Cant even use it for apps!

Mc Love wrote: »
    I cant use the SD card on mine for anything but photo's wish I knew before purchasing. Cant even use it for apps!

I've a 32 gb memory card in mine, and it won't write to it at all.

You need to go to the photo's app and select the storage there. I believe it should start storing pics and vids then!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

pad199207 wrote: »

Change battery! Your phone will keep having to be reset if you don't. And soon won't hold a charge!

If I was looking to sell my S4 with a 32gb external memory card, how much would I likely to be able to get for it? Its unlocked with a stable Cyanogen 11 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4_i9500_getting_lollipop_in_russia-news-11008.php

Hopefully the I9505 should follow soon with an update, breathe life back into the old fellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

rogieop wrote: »

Picked up two of these and seeing big improvement. Battery back to lasting the full day comfortably with moderate use. I keep one f charged in the car in case I'm stuck or forget to charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Mc Love wrote: »
    If I was looking to sell my S4 with a 32gb external memory card, how much would I likely to be able to get for it? Its unlocked with a stable Cyanogen 11 on it.

What condition is it in? Box, receipt?

Advertisement