Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Here's a picture of my usuage this morning. Been like this since the second lollipop update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Here's a picture of my usuage this morning. Been like this since the second lollipop update.

"Scratches head".....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That is basically the exact same as mine;

screenshotphone.png

What performance level? Mines on balanced.

Mine is on balanced as well

• Advertisement

screenshotphone2.png

I guess have a look in privacy and see if there's plenty of apps waking your phone/keeping it awake.

Otherwise give battery doctor a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

Mine has improved slightly since the update, but it's still dipping below 40% come evening. Android system seems to be the biggest offender. No idea what it's doing. I've used privacy guard on a large swathe of potential offenders & it has helped, except with snapchat which randomly likes to chew on my battery for no particular reason.

Thinking of starting from scratch & flashing 12.1 nightlies over the weekend. Does anyone know what exactly I'll lose switching from 12s to nightlies?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

ybKILI.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm noticing poorer battery performance on 12.0 also. Can you let me know how to take a screenshot in 12.0? It used to be an option in the power menu previously but isn't there any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

I'm noticing poorer battery performance on 12.0 also. Can you let me know how to take a screenshot in 12.0? It used to be an option in the power menu previously but isn't there any more.

Hold the power button and down volume rocker

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

You can enable it again. Settings> Buttons> Power Menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Android system could be hiding anything, dodgy app trying to update or malware or worse. Get a battery app to have a detailed look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Seems to be a number of users liking for additional battery info. I use this on several devices and find itvgreat https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hubalek.android.reborn.beta

Can easily check charging/discharging rates, how long left until fully charged. How long since last charge.

Using the charging rate feature I was able to check a bundle of USB leads and wall chargers to identify which would charge the fastest. They can vary from taking 12 minutes to only taking 2 minutes to charge 1%. (The official charger is not the best!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Thargor wrote: »
    Android system could be hiding anything, dodgy app trying to update or malware or worse. Get a battery app to have a detailed look.

which battery app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Look for articles and forum threads like this:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-apps-killing-android-battery/

Thats from 2014 but should be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭efwren

HI ,

I am considering purchasing one of these phones but reading down through the thread it seems people have a lot of issues with them,

Would people recommend them? I am out of contract and considering going sim only, alternatively I will be looking at an HTC m8 or something similar.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

efwren wrote: »
    HI ,

I am considering purchasing one of these phones but reading down through the thread it seems people have a lot of issues with them,

Would people recommend them? I am out of contract and considering going sim only, alternatively I will be looking at an HTC m8 or something similar.

Thanks!

I know what you mean, but bear in mind people generally only post when they have problems! I imagine any long running thread on a phone will highlight issues.

The latest update has meant mine is back working perfectly, I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Haven't restored factory settings yet but probably will soon enough,ever since the last Cyanogen or android update (not sure which it was) have had a good few problems.
    Isn't streaming audio properly at all the file has to be downloaded and played through the music player and the download has to be initiated 3 or 4 times as it fails the first few times.Haven't noticed anything special about the battery power but I am using it constantly.Like I said before storage media not being read either.It's still not shít enough yet for me to actually put the effort in and wipe it to see if it improves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

screenshotphone.png

I had that a few days back. Battery being hit hard but nothing obvious sanding out.
    Still on 4.4.4 here so its not just 5.1
    A few restarts sorted it out.

it also started on the tablet too and a few restarts sorted it out.

• Advertisement

HI ,

Thanks!

I'm about a month in and loving it. Came from a HTC One M7 on billpay with Three.

I thought long and hard about upgrading with Three but the cost of a good upgrade phone made my mind up for me.

I'll move to sim-only in July. I'll have covered the cost of the phone in the next 16 months from this saving, and have the liberty to swap networks as I want on a monthly rolling contract.

Will also save a bit more money from selling my old handset once it's unlocked when my contract runs out. (I bought the OnePlus early so I could get my M7 repaired under contract. They gave me a refurb handset so I'm hoping to get at least €150 for it when I unlock it.)

I think it's a good call anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭efwren

Thanks natnifnolnacs and dubmess,

What kind of Battery life do you get on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I've had my OPO for over a month now - it's a fantastic phone, I've only had a few minor quibbles, I recently upgraded to 5.0.2 and my battery life is excellent, about 50-70% used up after moderate-to-heavy usage every day.

I came from a Nexus 4 and I was a bit apprehensive about the size increase, but I've since gotten used to it (except for when my pockets are a bit tight fitting). Changing the DPI to 400 also worked out very well.

Thanks natnifnolnacs and dubmess,

What kind of Battery life do you get on them?

Battery life seems very subjective as you will see if you scroll through the thread :)

I'm getting about a day and a half after one month, which is more than I have had on any other smartphone I've owned.

QLK0CCAl.png

That's as of now-ish. Unplugged at about 7.30am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

HI ,

Thanks!

I have mine almost a year now and I highly recommend it.Brilliant battery life is the main highlight for me.I have had no problems of note and advise anyone thinking of buying it to take the plunge.I just don't think there is another phone out there that can beat it for price and spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

I'm having trouble pairing my one with my Parrot CK3000 in the car. The parrot shows up in my bluetooth menu and accepts the password but then continually shows as pairing on my one. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭CD8ED

I've had mine a few months now as well and its brilliant. Really can't praise it enough. I came from an iphone 4 and the difference is chalk and cheese. I'd never go back to OSx

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DarkPassenger

Power bank is available at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Meanaspie wrote: »
    I'm having trouble pairing my one with my Parrot CK3000 in the car. The parrot shows up in my bluetooth menu and accepts the password but then continually shows as pairing on my one. Any ideas?

My phone hasn't updated yet, but I was having crazy issues with Bluetooth the last while - phone wouldn't pair with anything, or connect.

Parrot, Radio in the kitchen etc.

Then, out of the blue, just started working again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Power bank is available at the moment

Unfortunately not on the Ireland micro site. Is available on US site for $15 but not sure if they ship here / costs

Advertisement