Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Any new places to recommend replacing a screen on a One plus One....Northside of Dublin if I have to travel from Navan preferable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,719 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

joe123 wrote: »
    I am getting 160mA min and 290 Max. What would be considered poor?

That's very poor. I'm getting more than that from my wireless charger on my One plus One!

That's with a Nokia wireless charger, but a cheapo $8 eBay charging sheet stuck between the phone and my thick rubber phone cover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Tested three chargers. All roughly the same between 190 and 290ish. Screen brightness is only half way and power saving is on balanced.

I'm wondering is the battery faulty at this stage :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Tested three chargers. All roughly the same between 190 and 290ish. Screen brightness is only half way and power saving is on balanced.

I'm wondering is the battery faulty at this stage :/

What is your discharge rate with no charger plugged in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone else having an issue lately with the Gallery? When I select multiple images in a folder to delete, the phone thinks I am trying to share them and selects that option.

I don't have fat fingers, I think! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

What is your discharge rate with no charger plugged in?

Its -360 to -410 with no charger.

I'm travelling today so when its plugged into the car USB charger with the official one plus cable it's still not charging, it actually goes down with averaging -30 to -90

Should it be able to charge through the cars USB?

Its -360 to -410 with no charger.

I'm travelling today so when its plugged into the car USB charger with the official one plus cable it's still not charging, it actually goes down with averaging -30 to -90

Should it be able to charge through the cars USB?

I'm averaging about 250 here with no charger running Sultans marshmallow ROM.

What Ampage is the car charger? I have a 2.1A cigarette lighter charger with an Anker USB cable that's doing 790-800. I suspect you have something draining the battery and are using poor chargers. Get this
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

What's the best ROM for battery life? I don't care for android verison tbh just a better battery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I'm looking to save my photos from OPO to my laptop, only problem is I have no SIM for the OPO and can't connect to the internet..is there any way to transfer them without internet connection?

qwabercd wrote: »
    I'm looking to save my photos from OPO to my laptop, only problem is I have no SIM for the OPO and can't connect to the internet..is there any way to transfer them without internet connection?

Wi-Fi or USB cable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Dropped my opo getting out of car. Only used in for work but was still a great phone.
    Screen is knackered. Get it fixed or a new cheap phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Dropped my opo getting out of car. Only used in for work but was still a great phone.
    Screen is knackered. Get it fixed or a new cheap phone?

New screen and digitiser can be bought online for around €40-50, plenty of videos online on how to install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i broke the screen on my one plus 3 yesterday, does anyone know where i can get it fixed? ive been told one plus it self takes 6-8 weeks! kind of need it asap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I doubt you'll find anywhere to fix it and if there's any truth in this rumour you'd better hurry up and get it back to oneplus.

digitaldr wrote: »
    I doubt you'll find anywhere to fix it and if there's any truth in this rumour you'd better hurry up and get it back to oneplus.

that wont load :( i requested yesterday so hopefully i get a reply today and can get it sent. i hear there are really long delays :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Sorry about that - link fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

shakencat wrote: »
    i broke the screen on my one plus 3 yesterday, does anyone know where i can get it fixed? ive been told one plus it self takes 6-8 weeks! kind of need it asap!

You might have more luck posting In the one plus 3 threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

What OS are people using, still Cyanogen? It's giving me a lot of hassle lately, restarting randomly and now it doesn't tell me when I missed a call, very frustrating. Is OxgenOS any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Benzino wrote: »
    What OS are people using, still Cyanogen? It's giving me a lot of hassle lately, restarting randomly and now it doesn't tell me when I missed a call, very frustrating. Is OxgenOS any good?

I updated to http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/rom-kernel-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-0-t3242700 a while back which is Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.

I did a total wipe, installed the ROM and reinstalled all my apps. Took a couple of hours but couldn't be happier. 100% solid, no reboots, fast performance and great battery. Honestly like a new phone and I'm still getting OTA updates, last one was a week or two ago. I reckon I'll get at least another year out of the best phone I ever had and it'll eventually be a drop in battery performance which will force me to upgrade. This thing is bullet proof.

• Advertisement

I updated to http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/rom-kernel-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-0-t3242700 a while back which is Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.

I did a total wipe, installed the ROM and reinstalled all my apps. Took a couple of hours but couldn't be happier. 100% solid, no reboots, fast performance and great battery. Honestly like a new phone and I'm still getting OTA updates, last one was a week or two ago. I reckon I'll get at least another year out of the best phone I ever had and it'll eventually be a drop in battery performance which will force me to upgrade. This thing is bullet proof.

Pretty sure that's the version im on, 13.1.2-ZNH2KAS3PO-bacon. Maybe I should just reset it an install fresh.

As a side note, just discovered the Android flappy bird hidden game ha

OxygenOS is class. Very stable and faster than Cyanogen 13. I'm on it since less than a day after I bought the phone (having tried Cyanogen 13 first) about 4 months ago and it is still working very well.

unkel wrote: »
    OxygenOS is class. Very stable and faster than Cyanogen 13. I'm on it since less than a day after I bought the phone (having tried Cyanogen 13 first) about 4 months ago and it is still working very well.

I might just give it a go, have had cyanogen since the start so bit of a change might be nice!

Benzino wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's the version im on, 13.1.2-ZNH2KAS3PO-bacon. Maybe I should just reset it an install fresh.

As a side note, just discovered the Android flappy bird hidden game ha

No, the version I'm on is 13.0-ZNH2K-20160921-STABLE-Sultan-bacon

BTW, where did you find the Flappy Bird game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

What are the main differences bar the speed?

You bought a OnePlus One 4 months ago? I assume it was used? If so I'd say you got a right good bargain. They are an amazing phone, particularly given it was the first model from OnePlus as first models tend to be the last Beta with the 2nd model being the "real" first model in my painful/cynical experience.

@Brego888 - I'm not the best person to ask. Didn't really like the look and feel of Cyanogenmod, so wiped it again and went for OxygenOS. All within the first day of owning it. OxygenOS was noticeably faster. I suppose best try for yourself and see what you prefer...
    You bought a OnePlus One 4 months ago? I assume it was used? If so I'd say you got a right good bargain.

€130 two years old but in perfect condition with the original brand new never used charger :)

Lotta phone for the money and spec wise not that far off the latest €700-€800 flagship offerings of the usual suspects...

€130 two years old but in perfect condition with the original brand new never used charger :)

Lotta phone for the money and spec wise not that far off the latest €700-€800 flagship offerings of the usual suspects...
    100% good decision. You'll easily get 2 years out of it. It really is a rock solid phone. Mines been through all kinds of cr@p and still works perfectly.

5.5" HD screen, fast processor, great camera, lot's of RAM and 64GB storage. I honestly don't know what else I'd want in a phone. You can keep your curved screens and gazillion megapixel cameras!!

dpd knocked on my door today to collect my phone, yet i was never sent my shipping label :( messy as eck!

• Advertisement

BTW, where did you find the Flappy Bird game?

Hmm interesting, maybe mine isn't stable?

For the game, tap on the cyanogen OS version in phone info in your settings a good few times. Then a symbol will appear, tap it to change it to the android icon and finally hold down on it for a bit and it should start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

How easy / difficult is it to update to Oxygen OS? I've never changed the original Cyanogen OS - still working great aside from battery issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What screen on time are you getting with that?

Anybody have android pay working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How easy / difficult is it to update to Oxygen OS? I've never changed the original Cyanogen OS - still working great aside from battery issues.

Yeah basically I want to best battery on my OPO

Oxygen/Cygan/Other??

batistuta9 wrote: »
    What screen on time are you getting with that?

Anybody have android pay working?

I use the phone a lot for both personal browsing in the morning and work calls during the day and it always lasts from 6am to when I typically get home around 7pm by which time I'll be on 20% or so and that's with a two year old battery.

Haven't tried to get Google Pay working at all. Can that be used in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

My OPO is still going strong after 18 months, I had been considering an upgrade to a OP3 but I can't justify it. Battery is still lasting 18 hours or thereabouts, with decent usage, so not bad and I normally give it a boost during the day.

Running Sultan CM13.0 and I get the odd random re-boot but other than that, the phone is silky smooth and in perfect nick (glass screen protector and a Diztronic cover to thank for that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

MayoForSam wrote: »
    My OPO is still going strong after 18 months, I had been considering an upgrade to a OP3 but I can't justify it. Battery is still lasting 18 hours or thereabouts, with decent usage, so not bad and I normally give it a boost during the day.

Running Sultan CM13.0 and I get the odd random re-boot but other than that, the phone is silky smooth and in perfect nick (glass screen protector and a Diztronic cover to thank for that).

Similar situation here. Running Exodus and get a decent day's use out of it.

A bit hesitant to upgrade as we've won Sam twice since I got my OPO ;-)

blobbie wrote: »
    A bit hesitant to upgrade as we've won Sam twice since I got my OPO ;-)
    BOOM :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm the same as above, phone just works perfectly, I'd like a dual sim but that is the only benefit I think I'd notice from an upgrade. My battery can be a bit iffy but I think it is software issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I use the phone a lot for both personal browsing in the morning and work calls during the day and it always lasts from 6am to when I typically get home around 7pm by which time I'll be on 20% or so and that's with a two year old battery.

Haven't tried to get Google Pay working at all. Can that be used in Ireland?

I've the 8/8 version of sultans on mine, very good battery if your just using it for browsing etc. Got nearly 9 hours sot out of it one day.

I got the apk way back but it wouldn't work, haven't looked it since but probably not knowing here. There's another app mentioned over in bargain alerts but it doesn't support the 1+ or rooted phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Re Android Pay, it won't work with rooted phones or phones with unlocked bootloader as per http://www.androidcentral.com/android-pay-no-longer-works-if-you-unlock-your-bootloader-and-thats-good-thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone else have a bug where the phone doesn't really charge and has to be rebooted in order for it to recharge at a proper rate?

Has happened a couple of times for me now.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Anyone else have a bug where the phone doesn't really charge and has to be rebooted in order for it to recharge at a proper rate?

Has happened a couple of times for me now.

A fix for battery calibration issues like this that fixed a similar bug in my wife's phone is to drain the battery completely until it powers off then charge it fully without powering up. Do this 2 or 3 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

What is the best way of streaming the phone to radio in the car? I have a usb port and wondering if I could stream TuneIn radio to it. Have Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth but don't think I can stream it via that
    Any other options as the radio stations in Dublin are awful
    Cheers

What is the best way of streaming the phone to radio in the car? I have a usb port and wondering if I could stream TuneIn radio to it. Have Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth but don't think I can stream it via that
    Any other options as the radio stations in Dublin are awful
    Cheers

Does your car stereo have line in? You could get a Bluetooth adapter for it like this

AUKEY Bluetooth Receiver Portable Wireless Audio Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output Music Streaming Receiver, Hands Free Calling for Home Audio Car Sound System Bluetooth Car Kits (BR-C1, Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O8GASEA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Wf1fybP6HVR95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yes Stereo has line in and USB so this gadget would pair with my phone and then play music via stereo when linked up via line in/usb port?
    If so that would be perfect and does not cost much
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    What's the best price online for the OnePlus 3 please? Will probably upgrade my old HTC One (2013) at Xmas, like hte HTC but camera lens scratched and the camera is a big feature for me. Battery is also getting worse.

Few people recommended the Moto G4, good price but all reviews I've read say the OnePlus 3 is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Yes Stereo has line in and USB so this gadget would pair with my phone and then play music via stereo when linked up via line in/usb port?
    If so that would be perfect and does not cost much
    Cheers

Links to your phone by Bluetooth, connects to your stereo by line in. I bought mine which is similar on Amazon.com but has the extra added feature of NFC which means I can just tap my phone on it and it would turn on Bluetooth on my phone connect it to Bluetooth and resume playback. It was more than twice the price though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

Don't know how/why it happened but my phone has been stuck on silent mode for the last few days and I can't seem to get out of it at all, if I try the volume keys on the phone it makes no difference. it is only affecting calls, alarms and media playing are fine. Does anyone know what I can do to get out of silent mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

ooter wrote: »
    Don't know how/why it happened but my phone has been stuck on silent mode for the last few days and I can't seem to get out of it at all, if I try the volume keys on the phone it makes no difference. it is only affecting calls, alarms and media playing are fine. Does anyone know what I can do to get out of silent mode?

Have you tried selecting a different ringtone? Its possible you or someone with access to your phone set the ringtone to "silent" so even if you turn the ringtone up to 100%, 100% of silence is still silence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement