Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I looked around a few sites when I first got the phone and they all seemed to have that condition, stopped looking after that but a friend used to work for Protect Your Bubble insurance and said that if you ring them they'll def give you a quote over the phone - I just haven't been arsed yet!

Worth a shot to ring a few of them and query the IE/UK thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I dont have that problem, but rarely use the side unlock button.

Double tap to wake all the way!

Wanted to come back and say that I've been using this since you advised me and it's great. I can no longer remember how I lived without it! So thanks for the tip.

And for anyone else not using it, get on board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

maximoose wrote: »
    They have the same condition:

I'm assuming jjdela is asking as they have the chinese version, which wouldn't be covered under the above, in the same position myself.

ahh right i got mine off the co.uk site so i assume i am covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jjdela

irishgeo wrote: »
    ahh right i got mine off the co.uk site so i assume i am covered.

I got mine from the UK site too but the payment is to DA SHENG INTERNATIONAL TRADE CO., LIMITED.

Maybe I'm wrong on it but I'm pretty sure they are all shipped from China to the UK and then to Ireland via Parcel Motel etc.

If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll insure with one of the irish sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭emo72

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Wanted to come back and say that I've been using this since you advised me and it's great. I can no longer remember how I lived without it! So thanks for the tip.

And for anyone else not using it, get on board!

The double tap to wake is brilliant. I find myself tapping other phones and tablets and wondering what's wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Blade wrote: »
    North Co. Dublin on Three's 4g

873998757.png

So moved to 3 yesterday and getting the amazing max download speed of 5mb, well annoyed, will be moving back to O2 once the credit is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What's wrong with 5mb upload, seems plenty fast if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If you tested it 20 minutes later it might have jumped to 30 mb/s anyway, its mobile broadband not Google Fiber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Hi all,
    I just happened to come across this thread while reading up on the S4 thread problems :(I am thinking about off loading the S4 so I am wondering how does this phone compare to the S4 regarding battery life etc and what accessories do you get with the phone.
    Also if the phone is shipped from outside the EU what duties and taxes are you liable for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hi all,
    I just happened to come across this thread while reading up on the S4 thread problems :(I am thinking about off loading the S4 so I am wondering how does this phone compare to the S4 regarding battery life etc and what accessories do you get with the phone.
    Also if the phone is shipped from outside the EU what duties and taxes are you liable for.

Battery is great, comparable to my previous Note II which held the spot for phone with best battery life for quite some time.. Don't know much about accessories as i have none but it came with charger and micro usb cable.(kinda fancy cable, didn't pick the cheapest one they could find) When you buy from the UK site it is shipped from UK and if you go the German route, it must be shipped from Germany or some other EU state( I don't know as I went parcel motel way). No duties are charged to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Thanks for that might have a look into getting one like the 64gb one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

jjdela wrote: »
    I got mine from the UK site too but the payment is to DA SHENG INTERNATIONAL TRADE CO., LIMITED.

Maybe I'm wrong on it but I'm pretty sure they are all shipped from China to the UK and then to Ireland via Parcel Motel etc.

If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll insure with one of the irish sites.

It doesn't say anything about shipping. Everything's made in China.The iPhone made in China and you pay apple for it and that's covered. Its where you bought it and I bought in the UK and paid VAT. I'd say its covered.

jozi wrote: »
    What's wrong with 5mb upload, seems plenty fast if you ask me

Apologies meant to say download not uplaod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Lads whats the proper site to use to contact these lads about a return? My phone is constantly dropping signal and sometimes stays gone until I reboot, I've tried new sims, all which work fine in other phones, tried all combos of network settings and am on latest firmware plus tried a fresh reset, still no good, am sick of this phone at this stage :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Need a bit of help here, I can't connect to mobile network. I have typed in the settings for the apn and have data enabled and roaming. What am I doing wrong? I'm on the 48 network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Need a bit of help here, I can't connect to mobile network. I have typed in the settings for the apn and have data enabled and roaming. What am I doing wrong? I'm on the 48 network

Reboot?

You've tried the following?

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: internet

To set up your internet and mms settings:

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    APN type: internet + mms

BenEadir wrote: »
    Reboot?

You've tried the following?

APN type: internet

To set up your internet and mms settings:

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    APN type: internet + mms

thanks got it with that

Anutine Iding ART u straf of Dalvik? Any time i select or or reboots as normal no change made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

Any good covers out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

HeadPig wrote: »
    Any good covers out there?

I was thinking of getting one of the official covers, this one maybe - https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-one-flip-cover
    Anyone got this? Few quid off all the accessories at the moment too.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

I was thinking of getting one of the official covers, this one maybe - https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-one-flip-cover
    Yup I have the black one its nice and doesn't add too much bulk

Can someone helonme out here. Why am I so long without a signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I have that exact same one, same colour. Great case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I have the Diztronic Ultra TPU case with a white dbrand skin on the back to keep things from looking boring :)

Well worth it for both :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Can someone helonme out here. Why am I so long without a signal?

Same happening to me drops signal a LOT. I woke at like 6am and coverage was gone left it till like 3pm to see and it still was gone.... Had to reboot to get it back.... Have tried sim in an unlocked phone and its fine, settings are correct, whole lot.

If an update for the modem doesnt come soon I'll have to return it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

So I ordered a 64Gb yesterday :) I'm with Vodafone so 4G support is out, if I was to swap carrier, who based on your experience would be the best carrier for 4G support? Mainly about Dublin Wicklow.

Thinking of a pre paid sim until my contract is up.

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

glynf wrote: »
    So I ordered a 64Gb yesterday :) I'm with Vodafone so 4G support is out, if I was to swap carrier, who based on your experience would be the best carrier for 4G support? Mainly about Dublin Wicklow.

Thinking of a pre paid sim until my contract is up.

TIA.

Why have you no 4G support with Vodafone? Signal problems? The OPO can access bands on 800 and 1800 MHz. So you should get 4G from 3, Meteor and Vodafone.

What is your order status by the way? I ordered mine today still at pending shipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

From what I read so far; Vodafone use band 20, Meteor use band 3 & 20, and Three use band 3. Not sure about O2..

From the OnePlus website, the One supports the following bands:

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz.

WCDMA Bands: 1/2/4/5/8.

LTE Bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40.

So far I have got an email confirming my order, no word on shipping yet. I assume it will be after xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

glynf wrote: »
    From what I read so far; Vodafone use band 20, Meteor use band 3 & 20, and Three use band 3. Not sure about O2..

From the OnePlus website, the One supports the following bands:

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz.

WCDMA Bands: 1/2/4/5/8.

LTE Bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40.

So far I have got an email confirming my order, no word on shipping yet. I assume it will be after xmas.

Vodafone do have access to the 1800MHz band but apparently they are testing it at the moment and plan to roll it out in the future. I read that on the Vodafone forum. A mate at work has a 4G capable phone with O2 but he said their rollout is delayed because of the 3 merger. Perhaps you could get prepaid sims for 3 and Meteor/eMobile and test which give the best signal in your area?

Did you order with an invite or during the open sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Hi

Is there any update on when we can expect to receive the Android L update?

Also, my I use earphones a lot which don't have a microphone.when I accept a call, I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. It seems as though the microphone on the phone itself gets disabled as soon as any type of earphones are plugged in

I have been unable to find a solution. Has anyone else had the same issue and found a solution?

Thanks

Hi

Is there any update on when we can expect to receive the Android L update?

Also, my I use earphones a lot which don't have a microphone.when I accept a call, I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. It seems as though the microphone on the phone itself gets disabled as soon as any type of earphones are plugged in

I have been unable to find a solution. Has anyone else had the same issue and found a solution?

Thanks

Mine woks perfect with headphone on and I can still talk to the person. You must have headphones with a speaker in them, which were most likely designed for iphones. It works perfect with normal headphones.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I had the clear case one that I got with the phone and honestly is crap, a bad fit and creaky.
    I got the flip case and it's much better. Hopefully will last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Hey guys,

Having a problem with my new OnePlus One.

Everytime I turn on bluetooth and Wifi the speed totally dies. Have you experienced this? Can you fix this?

I have an LG G Watch and this is kind of a dealbreaker for me.

Known issue with 2.4Ghz band WiFi when Bluetooth on. If you have a dual band router at home/work use the 5Ghz band.

Try this!

• Advertisement

Try this!

So if I'm on an older or public wifi, I'll probably run into this?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    So if I'm on an older or public wifi, I'll probably run into this?

Yep, 100%. 2.4Ghz Wifi and Bluetooth don't play nice together on the OPO for some reason and it's a known issue. Not sure if future FW updates will fix it. Hopefully.

What FW version are you on?

Yep, 100%. 2.4Ghz Wifi and Bluetooth don't play nice together on the OPO for some reason and it's a known issue. Not sure if future FW updates will fix it. Hopefully.

What FW version are you on?

For a phone that's been out for a few months, that's really bad.

What I'm on: http://i.imgur.com/AQvvTGr.jpg

I'm nearly sure other top end phones suffer the same issue

dmcg90 wrote: »
    For a phone that's been out for a few months, that's really bad.

What I'm on: http://i.imgur.com/AQvvTGr.jpg

That's the latest FW allright (44S) so I guess if it's going to be fixed it will have to be in a future update.

• Advertisement

That's the latest FW allright (44S) so I guess if it's going to be fixed it will have to be in a future update.

Might not hold on til then. For a phone that's been out for months and after researching this problem has been there from the start. I have an Android Wear watch so this kills its usability.

Going to opt for a Sony Xperia Z3. Thanks for your help guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Simi

It almost certainly won't be fixed. It's a hardware issue. Bluetooth also operates on 2.4ghz so can interfere with Wi-Fi &vice versa. How other manufacturers deal with it I don't know, but it's not unique to the Oneplus One. I've used numerous devices over the years that suffered from this problem.

Simi wrote: »
    It almost certainly won't be fixed. It's a hardware issue. Bluetooth also operates on 2.4ghz so can interfere with Wi-Fi &vice versa. How other manufacturers deal with it I don't know, but it's not unique to the Oneplus One. I've used numerous devices over the years that suffered from this problem.

It can't be 'this' bad?

Without Bluetooth - 36Mbps download
    With - 0.7 Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Anyway of buying the white back cover. Would love it but I have the sandstone one

There is one way of fixing your wifi/ bluetooth problem. Switch wifi to 5GHz frequency in settings. That way both bluetooth and wifi are not on the same 2.4 Ghz frequency. Also you will need to change your router to use the 5GHz frequency if it is able to do so. If your router is fairly new and a good one it can deffo do it. If it a cheap old one then I highly doubt it has the 5GHz frequency range.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Is this the same fault that's causing my Bluetooth the "quiver" when connected to handsfree kit? A few seconds after answering a call, the caller's voice quivers for perhaps 3 or 4 seconds. Seemingly my voice does the same. Comes back fine and then repeats after minute or so.
    Also won't connect to car kit in Van. Very same car kit in car works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Somehow managed to activate password reqyiremenr for waking the phone - how do I get rid of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

qwabercd wrote: »
    Somehow managed to activate password reqyiremenr for waking the phone - how do I get rid of this?

Go into the settings, lock screen and change it to swipe. You'll be asked to enter the password first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Hi

When I plug in headphones, my oneplus one seems to disable the phones mic. Therefore, when I call people with the headphones plugged in, they can not hear me.

Is there any setting or way that I can ensure that the phones mic remains active when headphones are plugged in so that it can be used during calls?

Thanks in advance

Hi

When I plug in headphones, my oneplus one seems to disable the phones mic. Therefore, when I call people with the headphones plugged in, they can not hear me.

Is there any setting or way that I can ensure that the phones mic remains active when headphones are plugged in so that it can be used during calls?

Thanks in advance

Some one else asked this recently and I said the same thing. What type of headphones are you using?

• Advertisement
Advertisement