Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you disconnected both keypads & tried them one by one.?
    Have you tried each keypad one by one connected directly into the control panel?

Its a process of elimination now before you look at replacing the panel and keypads.

Hi I haven't done anything with key pads as I taught battery would sort it. If I disconnect 4 wires from key pad will that allow me to check is other one is ok.

If I connect key pad directly , do I need to worry about colour of wire or is it efficient to put same colour into a ,b ,c and d

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Power down the system completely. Disconnect one keypad completely & power back up. If that doesn't work repeat with the other keypad.
    If that sill doesn't work repeat but this time connecting each keypad in turn directly to the terminals in the panel .
    Connections are

A>12
    B>13
    C>14
    D>15

Power down the system completely. Disconnect one keypad completely & power back up. If that doesn't work repeat with the other keypad.
    If that sill doesn't work repeat but this time connecting each keypad in turn directly to the terminals in the panel .
    Connections are

A>12
    B>13
    C>14
    D>15

Thanks very much for your help. To disconnect key pad is it enough to just disconnect 4 wires in key pad

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are the keypads on 2 separate cables at the panel. If so disconnect from there.
    This could well be a cable problem as well.

Are the keypads on 2 separate cables at the panel. If so disconnect from there.
    This could well be a cable problem as well.

in the key pad 19,20,21,22 have 1 wire in each

• Advertisement

What Aritech panel have you got?

What Aritech panel have you got?

its the 450 model

Ahh sorry. I was basing it on a CS350.
    So at the control panel have you only 1 cable at 19>20>21>22 ?
    If so at one of the keypads have you 2 cables?

Ahh sorry. I was basing it on a CS350.
    So at the control panel have you only 1 cable at 19>20>21>22 ?
    If so at one of the keypads have you 2 cables?

there is only 1 wire in each terminal in panel and would you believe only 1 wire in each terminal in key pads too. In pad down stairs there seems to be more wires curled up but not in terminals.

I will get expert to sort it as I taking up enough of your time

There must be a junction somewhere else.
    Sure try disconnecting at each keypad one by one , you have nothing to lose.
    Be careful to keep the wires separated so you don't blow any fuses.

• Advertisement

There must be a junction somewhere else.
    Sure try disconnecting at each keypad one by one , you have nothing to lose.
    Be careful to keep the wires separated so you don't blow any fuses.

so disconnecting 1 or 2 of the wires wont be enough

If you want to try one or 2 start with Red & Black.
    But its just as easy to disconnect the 4 .
    Have you checked none of the dips have changed on the keypads.?
    On 1 all should be off on the other 1 should be on.

If you want to try one or 2 start with Red & Black.
    But its just as easy to disconnect the 4 .
    Have you checked none of the dips have changed on the keypads.?
    On 1 all should be off on the other 1 should be on.

KoolKid you have lost me now. Don't know what dips are

They are on each keypad to identify it. Ill post a pic in a minute . Don't worry about it just disconnect each keypad first.

Here you go.

344538.jpg

Here you go.

344538.jpg

would you believe it dawned on me what you meant after I sent you message . I have checked then and all off on 1 and 1 on in other

No bother. Back to the disconnecting so?

No bother. Back to the disconnecting so?

I will try that next few days and if I don't get sorted I will get expert, who are usually 50 euro call out but it will be worth it to have it sorted, I have feeling its not a major problem. I am surprised the green led didn't come on with new battery. Thanks again for valuable help

The Green LED would be normally lit once the system is getting mains power but with there being a problem with panel data you never know.
    Shop around and you should get someone handy enough. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    I will try that next few days and if I don't get sorted I will get expert, who are usually 50 euro call out but it will be worth it to have it sorted, I have feeling its not a major problem. I am surprised the green led didn't come on with new battery. Thanks again for valuable help

Could also be an issue with one of the keypads but an engineer should quickly find that out.

• Advertisement

The Green LED would be normally lit once the system is getting mains power but with there being a problem with panel data you never know.
    Shop around and you should get someone handy enough. Where are you located?

Tipperary area .I contacted guy today and he said very few people work on these alarms any more as they well out dated. He also said it could be circuit board. He calling on tuesday

Tipperary area .I contacted guy today and he said very few people work on these alarms any more as they well out dated. He also said it could be circuit board. He calling on tuesday

You will get use to hearing that :) Most just looking for a handy upgrade.
    I would advise you to shop around as you should get a company to fix the system. If it turns out to be the control panel then yes you may be advised to upgrade the system. Keypads if that is the issue can be bought on adverts.ie second hand.

altor wrote: »
    You will get use to hearing that :) Most just looking for a handy upgrade.
    I would advise you to shop around as you should get a company to fix the system. If it turns out to be the control panel then yes you may be advised to upgrade the system. Keypads if that is the issue can be bought on adverts.ie second hand.

if I get worse case scenario and have to upgrade , how much of my old system can I keep or will motion sensors and other sensors not be compatible with new upgrade

if I get worse case scenario and have to upgrade , how much of my old system can I keep or will motion sensors and other sensors not be compatible with new upgrade

All the components can be used.
    The control panel and keypads will need to be replaced.

All the components can be used.
    The control panel and keypads will need to be replaced.

may be you not allowed to answer, but how much would I expect to pay

may be you not allowed to answer, but how much would I expect to pay

We are not allowed give out prices.
    Shop around and get at lease 3 prices comparing like with like.
    Here is a link to the PSA website for installers.

We are not allowed give out prices.
    Shop around and get at lease 3 prices comparing like with like.
    Here is a link to the PSA website for installers.

Thanks a lot for all the help

Thanks a lot for all the help

No problem, let us know how you get on :)

No problem, let us know how you get on :)

Hi , back again. Had 3 people lined up to look at alarm and only 1 called. He was man that installed it 12 years. Thank god he wasn't dead and gone. The bad news is that the circuit board is blown and I will have to get new one and 2 key pads. I have been asking around and people say I should get hard ware that allows my phone to ring when alarm goes off and I can also switch off alarm this way. Would you have any advice on this as its expensive

• Advertisement

I would look at an IP panel rather than text or voice alerts etc.
    Once set up with the right system you can have free alerts & free remote access for the life of your alarm.
    Some good info here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394782

Advertisement