Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech alarm

Options
  • 06-04-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a Aritech alarm fitted in my house for past 12 years. Today my wife went out the front door with alarm off and it started to beep and the following appeared on the display and is still there. nd-No PANEL DATA. I tried to reset it by turning off power but unit stayed on. Any other time I turned off power I would have to key in code to stop it beeping. The buttons are not responding either. Grateful for any help.

Thanking You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Possibly low battery causing unpredictable behavior. When was the last time it was changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

degsie wrote: »
    Possibly low battery causing unpredictable behavior. When was the last time it was changed?

Hi degsie, thanks for reply but I have never changed battery

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi degsie, thanks for reply but I have never changed battery
    The battery is optional so you should check if one is fitted by removing the front panel. If there is one there then it should be changed after 12 yrs!

The battery is optional so you should check if one is fitted by removing the front panel. If there is one there then it should be changed after 12 yrs!

I know there is a battery as I had panel opened before. I assumed battery is only used when power is off which is very rare.

I know there is a battery as I had panel opened before. I assumed battery is only used when power is off which is very rare.

Even unused batteries have a shelf life.

• Advertisement

Even unused batteries have a shelf life.

and should I get a low battery warning

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The battery is not optional. If there was no battery fitted there would be a permanent fault showing on the screen. I would try powering down the system completely and power back up on the mains only & see if the keypad comes back online. If that doesn't work the next step would be to take the keypad & wire it directly into the panel on a short length of cable to eliminate any wiring problems.

KoolKid wrote: »
    The battery is not optional. If there was no battery fitted there would be a permanent fault showing on the screen. I would try powering down the system completely and power back up on the mains only & see if the keypad comes back online. If that doesn't work the next step would be to take the keypad & wire it directly into the panel on a short length of cable to eliminate any wiring problems.

I switched off the main power to house but I got no reaction from alarm. Usually if power is switched I would have to key in code to stop it beeping but this time just stayed on when I turned power off. This tells me the battery cut in. Am I totally wrong .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Turn off the power & remove the battery.
    The keypad is not going to react because it is getting no data from the panel.
    The battery may be drawing the system down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

I switched off the main power to house but I got no reaction from alarm. Usually if power is switched I would have to key in code to stop it beeping but this time just stayed on when I turned power off. This tells me the battery cut in. Am I totally wrong .

Your battery is more than likely at fault here, it is giving out voltage and that is carrying the system over when the mains is off.

Disconnect the battery in the panel, then power it down, power it back up and let us know how it reacted, but leave the battery disconnected.

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Your battery is more than likely at fault here, it is giving out voltage and that is carrying the system over when the mains is off.

Disconnect the battery in the panel, then power it down, power it back up and let us know how it reacted, but leave the battery disconnected.

thanks for the help. I will wait till tomorrow evening and try is as its a bit late now in case it goes off and don't stop

No problem. Come back & let us know how it goes.

The battery is not optional

Oops, meant to say removable. My bad :o

Not a problem.

Not a problem.

Hi again. I disconnected battery and turned power to house off for few min. When I turned it on again 141-1994 came up on screen followed by NO PANEL DATA and a low buzzing sound that stopped when I touched key panel. No buttons responding on panel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi again. I disconnected battery and turned power to house off for few min. When I turned it on again 141-1994 came up on screen followed by NO PANEL DATA and a low buzzing sound that stopped when I touched key panel. No buttons responding on panel

Can you disconnect and wire the keypad direct into the panel?

As I said...
    If that doesn't work the next step would be to take the keypad & wire it directly into the panel on a short length of cable to eliminate any wiring problems.

As I said...

I am afraid that could be bridge too far for me to connect key pad to panel. I wouldn't know where to start even though I would be fairly handy . I have too key pads and same fault on both so does that tell me , its not key pad.

I am afraid that could be bridge too far for me to connect key pad to panel. I wouldn't know where to start even though I would be fairly handy . I have too key pads and same fault on both so does that tell me , its not key pad.

If you dont feel confident then I would recommend have an engineer look at it for you. He may need to try a default to get the system back on line which will entail programming the system if it does come back on line.

altor wrote: »
    If you dont feel confident then I would recommend have an engineer look at it for you. He may need to try a default to get the system back on line which will entail programming the system if it does come back on line.

Thanks for the help, but I an very surprised it acting up with no warning as the alarm was never abused

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help, but I an very surprised it acting up with no warning as the alarm was never abused

I would say it was an issue with the battery in the first place.
    It usually happens at 2 in the morning that the keypad becomes unresponsive.
    They are an old system but hopefully it can be brought back to life for you.

I would say it was an issue with the battery in the first place.
    It usually happens at 2 in the morning that the keypad becomes unresponsive.
    They are an old system but hopefully it can be brought back to life for you.

can I just ask two questions If I wire key pad direct what result should I get and if it becomes unresponsive at 2 in morning what can one do to turn off the alarm

can I just ask two questions If I wire key pad direct what result should I get and if it becomes unresponsive at 2 in morning what can one do to turn off the alarm

By wiring the keypad direct into the keypad bus you are ruling out an issue with the data cable from the panel to the keypad location.

In most cases down powering the system, mains and battery. Then leave the battery disconnected and then powering the system back up on mains will bring the keypad back on line so you can input your user code to turn it off.

By wiring the keypad direct into the keypad bus you are ruling out an issue with the data cable from the panel to the keypad location.

In most cases down powering the system, mains and battery. Then leave the battery disconnected and then powering the system back up on mains will bring the keypad back on line so you can input your user code to turn it off.

sorry for all the questions but are you saying even though the power might be on , and if the battery goes down, then the alarm could go off at any time

sorry for all the questions but are you saying even though the power might be on , and if the battery goes down, then the alarm could go off at any time

Yes, if you have a low battery it is always advisable to have it replace as soon as. It can caused issues with any powered device on your system at any time of day or night which can also lead to false alarms or other issues.

Yes, if you have a low battery it is always advisable to have it replace as soon as. It can caused issues with any powered device on your system at any time of day or night which can also lead to false alarms or other issues.

would you have any idea of the price of that battery as it will have to be replaced anyway

would you have any idea of the price of that battery as it will have to be replaced anyway

We do not give out prices on here.
    Here is a link to the suppliers list.
    My advise would be to contact local registered installers.
    Here is a link to the PSA website.

The fact that you have 2 keypads may be an issue as well.
    Have you tried disconnecting them one by one? Have you changed the dip switches on either of the keypads?
    Do you have the engineer code to this panel by any chance?

The fact that you have 2 keypads may be an issue as well.
    Have you tried disconnecting them one by one? Have you changed the dip switches on either of the keypads?
    Do you have the engineer code to this panel by any chance?

Hi I got new battery today and put it in but nothing changed. What I did notice was before I disconnected old battery last night, there was a green light on top right corner of key pad. This went off when I took out old battery, but it hasn't come on when I put in new battery. I also checked the abcd wiring on keypad and panel and they connected fine . I think these are for key pad. Yes I do have the engineers code , but it wont accept this either.

• Advertisement

Have you disconnected both keypads & tried them one by one.?
    Have you tried each keypad one by one connected directly into the control panel?

Its a process of elimination now before you look at replacing the panel and keypads.

Advertisement