Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar vs. Panda for waste collection

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

GAFF wrote: »
    Quoting the article above in relation to lower bills "While not obliged to do so, companies will be allowed to offer a pay-by-weight billing system to customers who recycle and compost waste which, under the new system, would result in lower bills"

In summation, one word would articulate that article - propaganda

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭GAFF

Panda bin invoices
    It might be worthwhile people keeping an eye on the actual -v- invoiced lifts. Unfortunately the lift dates are not on the invoice, BUT I have been charged twice on my recent bill for the same date, the reason was
    "It looks like you were charged a double lift on xx/xx, this sometimes happens when the bin is compacted and the lads need to empty it again."

I spoke to a neighbour and it happened her aswell....worth keeping an eye on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

GAFF wrote: »
    ...this sometimes happens when the bin is compacted and the lads need to empty it again."...

What a load of shít. It is 1 lift, the operator should ensure the bin is emptied. They can 'rattle' the bin a bit to shake out anything inside.

Are Panda now charging by weight???? If so I haven't received a bill.

On this thread it was stated that this PBW wasn't being introduced until 2016 (if at all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Panda are now rolling out e-tags throughout Fingal, about time.

Interesting on the double lift thing though, I'll keep an eye out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭blueredface

Hi there,

I recently bought a house and just moved in and found no wheel bins.

I have seen Panda bins around other houses near to me.

Since, I've always been renting & never dealt with paid bins and I'm just wondering where to start.

Which service in Dublin 15 is GOOD VALUE and frequent?
    Do I have to buy/pay wheely bins seperate initially or it would be provided by Bin Collection company when I sign a contract with them?

Thanks a million in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

citybin, thorntons and panda are three

Just google them and go into the signup page to see if they service your address

Or ask the new neigbours as there may be only one provider plus they will also be able to tell you about the service. Also good way to get to know the neighbours either side

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

i use city bin and find them much better and more reliable than greyhound.
    they only service some areas so check their website.
    never used Panda or Thorntons so cant comment on them.

as far as i am aware all companies provide the bins. 2 i used did anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Anyone else have problems with the green bin collection with Panda? The last 2 collection days we've come home from work to find our green bin still 90% full, one or two bags have been removed from the top but the rest have been left in place... the bins are left out from the night before so it snot like we missed the collection... its getting really frustrating as we fill our green bin in the 2 weeks between collections.

Ringing Panda doesn't seem to help either, we keep getting fobbed off with suggestions to leave the extra bags beside the bin & they'll be taken, thats fine if he collectors feel like throwing them in but in the past this hasnt always happened & it doesnt solve the problem of the bin itself not being emptied.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement