Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League 2014

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

So, invested all my life savings backing Widnes at 4/1 as advised by Slim Charles, now I have to start again, that €2 euro took years to save, now I'm left with nothing. 44 to 6 Slim, 44 to fupping 6!!!

In other news, this week saw Saints wheels finally game off against Wigan, and the Broncos nearly staged a comeback against the Dragons (well as nearly as the Broncos have looked like getting this season).

Didn't manage to see any games at all this week, mostly due to work, which was disappointing, especially now I have a decent app on my phone to watch the Sky coverage on.:mad:

Hahahaha and they turn around and beat Helens then !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Tony Rea is no longer coach at the Broncos, he's had enough I think. Has been a great servant to London despite this year's results.

St George Illawarra Dragons former assistant coach Joe Grima has been given the unenviable job of trying to get something out of the Broncos this year. Thankless task. (well I'd thank him)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Tony Rea is no longer coach at the Broncos, he's had enough I think. Has been a great servant to London despite this year's results.

St George Illawarra Dragons former assistant coach Joe Grima has been given the unenviable job of trying to get something out of the Broncos this year. Thankless task. (well I'd thank him)

I'm sure there is a far less stressful job at Sky waiting for him :o

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    I'm sure there is a far less stressful job at Sky waiting for him :o

The Australian Fozzy Bear impersonator will be in great demand. Broncos are media friendly at least Rea, Offiah and Wells all on the box regularly!

Big game tonight at the Jungle (or whatever the **** they're calling it these days due to sponsorship..) !!

• Advertisement

Big game tonight at the Jungle (or whatever the **** they're calling it these days due to sponsorship..) !!

Leeds well into their stride now, decent win for them tonight against a very good Castleford side.

Ben Jones Bishop has been signed by Salford. Good signing I reckon. Thought he was a quality player when he had a season at the Broncos. Fallen down the pecking order at the Rhinos though.

Ben Jones Bishop has been signed by Salford. Good signing I reckon. Thought he was a quality player when he had a season at the Broncos. Fallen down the pecking order at the Rhinos though.

+1. Versatile, comfortable in all three-quarter positions with a lot of pace. Would be a good addition to any team. Shows what strength in-depth Leeds have when then can afford to let him leave.

He'll come back to haunt them many a time over the next few years, great player.

Gutted, Broncos nearly managed to grab a point against the Dragons, missed conversion meant another defeat by 2 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

Watched Wigan v Leeds from the weekend last night..

Am I the only one who gets adrenaline pumping through me watching a first half like that?

As a Saints fan you can probably tell what I was thinking and I actually stopped watching when Wigan started to pull away but all credit to them, there were some serious hits and great defense in general.

How much of a plank is Gareth Hock

48 mins on the clock 12-0 up, would you take the two if you got a penalty near enough to the posts now if you were Wigan ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ffs any team to get nil deserve a kick in the hole

So London Broncos are relegated which is likely to see the end of a long, drawn-out and ultimately fruitless attempt to establish top flight RL in the capital. A sad day for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

So London Broncos are relegated which is likely to see the end of a long, drawn-out and ultimately fruitless attempt to establish top flight RL in the capital. A sad day for the game.

Big loss to the league imo

Return of Joel Tomkins tonight

Return of Joel Tomkins tonight

Will be interesting to see how he gets on after four or however many years he's been away kicking and clapping.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on after four or however many years he's been away kicking and clapping.

Think it said on screen last game was play-off semi-final defeat to Helens in 2011 so nigh on three years now with the lard asses

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Cant believe bradford beat leeds last night!!!!

• Advertisement

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Cant believe bradford beat leeds last night!!!!

Crazy, don't think Bradford will be away from the Super League for more than one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Three upsets this last week for the top three, Wigan lose to Bulls, Leeds lose to Bulls and Saints lose to the early birds, still all to play for for top spot and the race for the playoffs still looks undecided between the Robins and the Vikings. Good stuff all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Faing wrote: »
    Three upsets this last week for the top three, Wigan lose to Bulls, Leeds lose to Bulls and Saints lose to the early birds, still all to play for for top spot and the race for the playoffs still looks undecided between the Robins and the Vikings. Good stuff all round.

Has to be some stewards enquiry ref the bulls though? Will come back up next year for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

The Bulls may be back,if their top players aren't cherrypicked.(Imho)

They are looking to bounce straight back by the look of it (which is a massive surprise to me too) They have signed Richie Mathers on 2 year deal and have a few other decent signings lined up, almost have more players already in their squad for next season than they started this season with.

Travelling support apart, I doubt the attendance will be much different, certainly not with home support numbers (because there wasn't very many of them to start with).

Actually excited, at least until reality kicks in.

Richie Mathers is an excellent signing with a wealth of experience, a good team man that will help younger players.

A few more shrewd signings like that and London will certainly be challenging to bounce straight back up.

bit of trouble post game today by all accounts, few widnes fans ran on pitch throwing stuff at cas fans

Saw over the presenters shoulders there was a bit of trouble. Didn't think it was much though.

• Advertisement

Saw over the presenters shoulders there was a bit of trouble. Didn't think it was much though.

Certainly has social media buzzing. :(

This does not sit well with the family-based sport tag. Unfortunately I am old enough to remember the 'bad old days' of crowd trouble in the '70's and how badly it affected attendances.

This hooligan element must be banished from the game ASAP.

Advertisement