Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Now that reeks of ps fanboy, the ps3 is best console!!

FACEPALM

Ps3 and Xbox are on par only things that favour either one is Xbox online service or ps3s bluesy player!!!

Haha yeah I suppose:p.. I just hate the xbox.. The Nintendo DS though is definitely the best handheld out there.. This is just my opinion though..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sure I remember this time last year everyone was complaining the 3DS didn't have enough game and it was gonna fail blah blah blah and now all of a sudden it's the greatest thing on earth :P

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Haha yeah I suppose:p.. I just hate the xbox.. The Nintendo DS though is definitely the best handheld out there.. This is just my opinion though..

I have to disagree, i own both a DS and 3DS and compared to the Vita they heaps of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ok after my hissy fit did some thinking and gonna hang onto vita for couple months anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

beercr8te wrote: »
    I have to disagree, i own both a DS and 3DS and compared to the Vita they heaps of ****.

I guess some people prefer different things.. I just felt metroid prime hunters on the ds was an amazing online game as well as mario kart and it also had some serious 1 player games.. But then again I got the ds lite so it did take a while to kick off..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The Vita is getting new games and now will have PS1 compatibility but i think the Wii U is the best thing to have happened to it so far, third party developers are likely to include some of the Wii U features with the PS3 version to work with the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Not only do I think the DS is the best handheld ever made, I think it's the best games console ever made full stop. Lots of shovelware but if you're willing to dig there's literally hundreds and hundreds of great games for it. The PSP is excellent too. It's far too early for the vita and 3ds to come close, they have the horsepower but time will tell if they can match their predecessors for software.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ghostchant wrote: »
    Not only do I think the DS is the best handheld ever made, I think it's the best games console ever made full stop. Lots of shovelware but if you're willing to dig there's literally hundreds and hundreds of great games for it. The PSP is excellent too. It's far too early for the vita and 3ds to come close, they have the horsepower but time will tell if they can match their predecessors for software.

exactly people are writing them off far too early,I bet it was the same when the ds and psp came out first :rolleyes:

Nah Vita sucks , i got it on the day of release with Fifa 12. I think the next game i will be will be fifa 13. THe PSP list of games is terrible. Loads of games that i would buy but dont have that option. I can even buy them in a shop in town but it wont play them.
    My nephew has one too, and was delighted to hear a new spider-man game was coming out. Yet it seems that it came out on everything bar the Vita. He now plays it on his dads Iphone !!

I would like to be wrong , i enjoy fifa on it. I think its a beast of a machine but i do think there are alot of fanboys on here by seeing how excited they get for the "news worthy" youtube/vita release. Says it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm more nintendo fanboy then Sony :rolleyes: But I love the vita. No other system lets me play uncharted in the bathroom :D

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm more nintendo fanboy then Sony :rolleyes: But I love the vita. No other system lets me play uncharted in the bathroom :D

Thank god you said uncharted.. I thought the conversation was gonna go downhill rapidly lol

Nah Vita sucks , i got it on the day of release with Fifa 12. I think the next game i will be will be fifa 13. THe PSP list of games is terrible. Loads of games that i would buy but dont have that option. I can even buy them in a shop in town but it wont play them.
    My nephew has one too, and was delighted to hear a new spider-man game was coming out. Yet it seems that it came out on everything bar the Vita. He now plays it on his dads Iphone !!

I would like to be wrong , i enjoy fifa on it. I think its a beast of a machine but i do think there are alot of fanboys on here by seeing how excited they get for the "news worthy" youtube/vita release. Says it all really.

Any idea if fifa 13 on vita will have all the features that the 360/ps3 version has?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Any idea if fifa 13 on vita will have all the features that the 360/ps3 version has?

I sincerely hope so but over all, if they left it with no tournaments etc but stable online servers, i'd probably still be happy. I still have nightmares about Fifa Football's servers on the vita :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Any news on which PS1 games will work next week after the update?

Isn't it only FF7 and tombraider, and some other one?

Thats what I read six moths ago with others due to be rolled out soon, I was hoping this had changed though, still Final Fantasy VII will look nice on the Vita Screen,the other one was Metal Gear Solid I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Any news on which PS1 games will work next week after the update?
    cloud493 wrote: »
    Isn't it only FF7 and tombraider, and some other one?

I think the other two are Arc the Lad and JetMoto.

original.jpg

From what i hear it does. Career mode is what does it for me. I have almost given up playing Fifa on console now.

I get FF7, but why tombraider? That has not aged well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭pah

I've purchased tomb raider as a psone classic on ps3 should i be able to redownload this next week? Also have a couple of psp items in my download list on the vita that say "cannot download on a ps vita system" my ps3 is ylod any ideas? Killzone liberation and things like marvel vs capcom and prince of Persia classic, James pond2 etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

pah wrote: »
    I've purchased tomb raider as a psone classic on ps3 should i be able to redownload this next week?

Yes you will.
    pah wrote: »
    Also have a couple of psp items in my download list on the vita that say "cannot download on a ps vita system" my ps3 is ylod any ideas? Killzone liberation and things like marvel vs capcom and prince of Persia classic, James pond2 etc

Some games simply do not work yet. I similarly cannot transfer KL.

However, while some games cannot be downloaded onto the Vita directly, some do work if you download them onto the PS3 [without installing them], connect up the Vita to the PS3 and use the Content Manager to transfer the game from the PS3 across.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ok after my hissy fit did some thinking and gonna hang onto vita for couple months anyways

Didn't you say in another thread that you traded it in for a deposit on the Wii U?

Arc the Lad is on sale at the moment for €2.49, it's well worth a go at that price.

kensutz wrote: »
    Didn't you say in another thread that you traded it in for a deposit on the Wii U?

I traded it after I made that comment, I just got it in my head and said f it goodbye ps ****a

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I traded it after I made that comment, I just got it in my head and said f it goodbye ps ****a

I can understand if you sold it but to trade it in for a wii U is ridiculous. Its basically a wii 1.5 with a massive controller and graphics that still cant compete with a PS3.

I can understand if you sold it but to trade it in for a wii U is ridiculous. Its basically a wii 1.5 with a massive controller and graphics that still cant compete with a PS3.

I'm a Nintendo fan always have been apparently the wii u will be most powerful console for a few years til Xbox or ps release a new console.

A wii 1.5 ? Really??

And the controller is a fantastic thing as u can play games on a console standard machine while wife watches soaps so sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I used to be a big Nintendo fan (got a NES for Christmas in 1986) but the wii changed that. Anyway this looks fcuking beautiful,

imUzVb98KWyJU.gif

And this,

ibwAgOcVqkkMjm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭pah

Don't see anything quoted but i've seen 3 articles claim there will be over 100 psone classic titles available after 1.0 update.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1549078/final_fantasy_7_among_over_100_playstation_classics_to_hit_vita_next_week.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I would take the killzone footage with a pinch of salt, the game never looks as good as their trailers.

• Advertisement

I used to be a big Nintendo fan (got a NES for Christmas in 1986) but the wii changed that. Anyway this looks fcuking beautiful,

imUzVb98KWyJU.gif

And this,

ibwAgOcVqkkMjm.gif

whats the bottom game?looks familiar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement