Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Willy pics you say? Drop me his number there.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

The star close to the moon is Jupiter! Apparently for the last month, Jupiter, Venus and the moon have been really close together in the sky. Lovely!

I remember seeing that conjunction before. Crescent moon with venus and jupiter side by side above it. Looked like the Cheshire Cat's grin...

800px-Jupiter-Venus-Moon_Smile.JPG

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Still not awake today. Drinking gallons of coffee doesn't seem quite right with the sun beaming down like that though...

Sitting out on this swinging-bench-type-thing my parents have in our garden, drinking a cup of tea, with laptop playing music and with the sun shining on my side.

Could this day get any better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I remember seeing that conjunction before. Crescent moon with venus and jupiter side by side above it. Looked like the Cheshire Cat's grin...
    As a Venetian I'm under the influence :D lovin that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I was just limbering up to send him the oul "I don't think there was any spark" message too.

I think it may be slightly too late for that now.

Or you could reply "I wasn't sure there was a spark, now I'm sure there isn't!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Well the sunny weather is Cork city is a bit shite. I shouda stayed in Killarney! No one is really in college anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Sitting out on this swinging-bench-type-thing my parents have in our garden, drinking a cup of tea, with laptop playing music and with the sun shining on my side.

Could this day get any better?

Fcuk off rubbing it in!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Toenails painted, contact lenses in, sunnies on, off to Salthill with a book for an hour or 2!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Daisies wrote: »
    Toenails painted, contact lenses in, sunnies on, off to Salthill with a book for an hour or 2!:D

I'd go and have lunch on the green across from the office if I wasn't too afraid I'd sit on a syringe or a pile of horsesh!te...

• Advertisement

What book?

It just got better; my dog came waddling over and now she sits on my lap as we swing back and forth.

17128053.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

What book?

It just got better; my dog came waddling over and now she sits on my lap as we swing back and forth.

The Slap and my kindle! I want a swing-y seat thing :( The beach will have to do ;)

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I'd go and have lunch on the green across from the office if I wasn't too afraid I'd sit on a syringe or a pile of horsesh!te...

Eeek, lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Afternoon loungers! tempted to take my laptop and college work out in the sun for a bit!

Have had a busy morning of getting quotes for my car repairs, and talking to the insurance. Good news is my crowd will definitely be claiming off his crowd :D have an assessor coming out from my insurance crowd round lunch time, as the quote for the damage is pretty high. I've my fingers crossed that he'll say it's not worth being fixed.

The Slap and my kindle! I want a swing-y seat thing :( The beach will have to do ;)

Boo Kindle!

Boo Kindle!

Ah but to have about 300 books that I can choose from while sitting on the beach without having to bring a massive book with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Got a donation of cupcakes for the OH's charity walk.

Pity I can't eat any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Ah but to have about 300 books that I can choose from while sitting on the beach without having to bring a massive book with me

Kindle is the best thing ever for sitting outside in the sunshine, no heavy book to hold and awkward page turning. Yes I'm lazy ;) but that's the whole point of being lazy and sitting in the sun!

Ah, but you don't get the new book smell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

mariebeth wrote: »
    Kindle is the best thing ever for sitting outside in the sunshine, no heavy book to hold and awkward page turning. Yes I'm lazy ;) but that's the whole point of being lazy and sitting in the sun!

Also, no backlight (like other "swisher" tablet things) so you can read inthe sun easier!

boneyarsebogman: I love real books too, but when you read 100+ books a year, and live in an apartment, storage is a big problem (and I can't sell English language books here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Great weekend celebrating the boy's 21st birthday! Was in his house til 8am on Sunday, went home, back up 5 hours later to go to the pub. The fabulous sunshine made this a hell of a lot easier! He loved his presents too so I'm pretty delighted with myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Had such an awesome weekend with my girlfriends. now i'm heading home for 2days before I'm off to see my boy!! Could life get any better? I can't wait to get off the bus and enjoy the sunshine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ugh, i bought coffee and realised my body is still rebelling against having more than one a day anymore
    it must be since im drinking diet coke or other caffeine at the weekends now for studying :confused:
    it's very odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Was up last night feeling very ill, it's left me feeling so tired and a bit weak, all I want to do is sleep now even though I've beem sleeping all day :(

You doing OK?

So tempted to book a new tattoo this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

am fuming urghhh!!!!!!

Oh sold his van 2 weeks ago because he's not working, by accident he left his insurance disc in.
    Sent off log book, rang and told insurance and cancelled it, filled out form to say we had lost disc whatever.
    Turns out the guy who bought the van rang the insurer, reinstated the insurance and proceeded to crash into someone and took all fault for crash in my Oh's name.
    Fooking scumbag!!

So we are now without a van, awaiting money back from insurance we cancelled and get a call from a claims guy with the insurance company to say he was calling to sort out the claim.
    Feel like crying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

javagal wrote: »
    am fuming urghhh!!!!!!

Oh sold his van 2 weeks ago because he's not working, by accident he left his insurance disc in.
    Sent off log book, rang and told insurance and cancelled it, filled out form to say we had lost disc whatever.
    Turns out the guy who bought the van rang the insurer, reinstated the insurance and proceeded to crash into someone and took all fault for crash in my Oh's name.
    Fooking scumbag!!

So we are now without a van, awaiting money back from insurance we cancelled and get a call from a claims guy with the insurance company to say he was calling to sort out the claim.
    Feel like crying.

what a scumbag

but listen you rang up to cancel it and said you lost the disc so it'll be clear enough - especially since you can prove you sold the van

it'll work out xx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

bluewolf wrote: »
    what a scumbag

but listen you rang up to cancel it and said you lost the disc so it'll be clear enough - especially since you can prove you sold the van

it'll work out xx

Absolutely. Dont forget that the insurance crowd probably have your and the other guys call recorded so you can demand to listen to it or get a copy of the call. They should do the necessary security checks to ensure they are speaking to the policy holder and not some chancer.

Not your fault the disc fell onto the floor of the van and you couldnt find it before you sold it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Thanks gal!!

I can't believe, regardless of if he had disc or not how he got through security checks about our address,phone number,named drivers etc.

Some people are just plain nasty and karma's a bitch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

bluewolf wrote: »
    what a scumbag

it'll work out xx

This.

Don't panic, it'll be okay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement