Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Pandev wincast 15/8
    Napoli -1 evens
    City -1 evens
    3 singles

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Gone with aguero anytime 4/5 and napoli -1 @21/20 with bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

QPR 4/5 at home to MK Dons seems very good to me. Hughes usually takes the cup seriously and he will be looking for his first win.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I've followed the Napoli bologna BTS with a double of dzeko anytime. €7 on.
    I expect dzeko to start

Thanks goodness rotten luck has come to an end albeit a smallish return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Hapoel Ra'anana v Ironi Ramat Hasharon - Israel 2nd Division KO: 16.00

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/other-leagues/israel/liga-leumit/hapoel-raanana-v-ironi-ramat-hasharon/winner

Hapoel home form: D W D D D
    Ironi away form: W W W L W

The away team are top of the table and in unreal form, won last 10 in all competitions. While the home team are also in good form they've been scraping too many draws imo, only won 2 in 9 home league matches. I think they're going to be caught out tomorrow tbh.

Ironi Ramat Hasharon win (6/5 StanJames)

Worth a small stake

Can't see anything else worth backing tomorrow.
    Napoli v Bologna - Serie A KO:19.45

Napoli are a great attacking side however they're still finding it hard at the back. It's 7 games since their last clean sheet in the league. Both teams have scored in their last 4 home games.

On the other hand Bologna are struggling in Serie A and lie just 3 points above the relegation zone. Both teams have scored in 3 of their last 6, and most importantly in the last 3 in a row of their away matches. Bologna have scored a goal in their last 5 away matches.

Both teams to score - YES (11/8 Ladbrokes)

This is definately worth a medium stake as that 11/8 is absolutely huge for two teams who have struggled in defence and are both well able to score.

Hapoel Ra'anana 0-0 Ironi Ramat Hasharon

Napoli 1-1 Bologna

Makes for another profitable day anyways, on paper only though as I don't have the money to back them at the moment.

Will be having a look at tomorrow's matches later to see if anything decent is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Odds on Pescara have dropped from 1.80ish to 1.60 :pac:

double of:
    Pescara
    Under 3.5 in the Man City game
    @2.30

Get in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'm gonna stick to betting on the rugby :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Keep em coming yesno! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

simple single for tonight will be on Dzeko anytime @ EVS (boylesport)

Wigan concede on average 2 goals a game at home and in poor form, with Silva returning I can see a few goals in it for City

Chelsea and Liverpool had a hard time breaking Wigan down but Liverpool have had trouble breaking down Swansea and Stoke at Anfield, and Chelsea have been incredibly inconsistent.

City have been struggling on the road recently though, I just hope they return to form tonight

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Surely QPR at home against MK dons is decent bet at 4/5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Shane St. wrote: »
    Surely QPR at home against MK dons is decent bet at 4/5.

MK Dons playing some great stuff this season though, will wait for the team sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Panathinaikos v Doxa Dramas - Greek League

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/other-leagues/greece/hellenic-liga/panathinaikos-v-doxa-dramas/match-result-and-over-under-2-5

Pana are a good out fit, have won every home game so far in the league. On the other Doxa were promoted half way through the season and are a dire side, they've only scored a single goal so far. In fairness to them though they are fairly good at the back, they've only conceded more than two goals in a match on one occasion since promotion. Doxa will not score so Pana will have to score three goals for this bet to lose, they are capable of this though.

Pana to win and under 2.5 goals (17/10 BWIN)

I'd only recommend a small stake on this.

Nothing else on tomorrow that I like, although QPR are a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

also Leicester 3/4 at home against a Forest team that are ridiculously goal shy?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

was also wondering why qpr are 5/6 against mk dons

ill wait till i know more about the team news

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/other-leagues/greece/hellenic-liga/panathinaikos-v-doxa-dramas/match-result-and-over-under-2-5

Pana are a good out fit, have won every home game so far in the league. On the other Doxa were promoted half way through the season and are a dire side, they've only scored a single goal so far. In fairness to them though they are fairly good at the back, they've only conceded more than two goals in a match on one occasion since promotion. Doxa will not score so Pana will have to score three goals for this bet to lose, they are capable of this though.

Ya looks good. Also i'm going to put a nice amount on Pana win to nil. (Doxa scoring record shows why- not bad in defence but dreadful in attack)

This isnt on till Wednesday tho

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Guiseley (4th) -v- Harrogate Town (16th) - Conference North

The last 3 meetings between these two have resulted in 2 wins for Guiseley and a draw, last time out was a 4-0 win for Guiseley.

Guiseleys home form this season has been excellent with 8 Wins, 2 Draws and only 1 Loss, 9 out of these 11 home matches they've scored 2 or more goals.

Contrast the above with Harrogates away form, 3 Wins, 1 Loss and 9 Losses, 10 out of these 13 away games have resulted in Harrogate conceding 2 or more goals and they've only had 1 clean sheet away from home all season.

Guiseley win (5/11) and over 2.5 goals (1/2).
    I'm going to request odds for a Guiseley win and over 2.5 goals.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Noticed that as well lately.
    Dramas has a really fitting name with losing about every match they play.
    But it is 1-0/2-0 all the time.
    Olympiakos Pireaus won 6-0 against them at home but about 1 week ago didnt manage to win at Dramas, 0-0.
    Take those 6 goals away from Dramas GA and you ll be left with 12 in 10 matches.

It is just that i hate taking unders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Both teams to score in the Espanyol v Mirandes game @ 2.15 looks a good bet, Espanyol conceded in their 2 home games against 2nd division opposition and Mirandes scored in all 4 games against Primera teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,901 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kilmarnock v dundee utd. Anyone got thoughts on this match? What has me interested is the home team missing 8 players and dundee are 2/1 dnb and 5/6 double chance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Headshot wrote: »
    kilmarnock v dundee utd. Anyone got thoughts on this match? What has me interested is the home team missing 8 players and dundee are 2/1 dnb and 5/6 double chance
    Just be wary because thats Dundee FC not Dundee Utd. Dundee are going well in Div 1 and are in great away form. Kilmarnock are strong at home on their day too though. Maybe a btts and Milne anytime for Dundee or Heffernan for Killie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,901 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ya ment FC, sorry

Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels revealed that of his eight injured players only James Dayton and David Silva have a "rank outside" chance of being fit.

Dayton (hamstring) and Silva (groin) will have a fitness test in the morning while goalkeeper Anssi Jaakkola, defenders Alex Pursehouse and Ryan O'Leary (all knee), midfielders Gary Fisher (foot), Gary Harkins (ankle) and Danny Buijs (hamstring) remain out.

New signings Ben Gordon and Michael Nelsonare ineligible.

Just be wary because thats Dundee FC not Dundee Utd. Dundee are going well in Div 1 and are in great away form. Kilmarnock are strong at home on their day too though. Maybe a btts and Milne anytime for Dundee or Heffernan for Killie.

There really isn't a gulf in class between the SPL and the Division 1. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

11/10 seems a good price for St. Mirren away to Hamilton. St. Mirren have been better this year. Hamilton have won 3 out of their 9 home league games this season.

Headshot wrote: »
    Ya ment FC, sorry

Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels revealed that of his eight injured players only James Dayton and David Silva have a "rank outside" chance of being fit.

Dayton (hamstring) and Silva (groin) will have a fitness test in the morning while goalkeeper Anssi Jaakkola, defenders Alex Pursehouse and Ryan O'Leary (all knee), midfielders Gary Fisher (foot), Gary Harkins (ankle) and Danny Buijs (hamstring) remain out.

New signings Ben Gordon and Michael Nelsonare ineligible.
    Of those 6 players only Buijs is a regular starter the rest are squad players. Dayton and Silva are regulars and will probably play.

There really isn't a gulf in class between the SPL and the Division 1. At all.
    There isnt between the bottom half of SPL and top 3 maybe in Division 1. Dundee certainly have a good chance tonight but Killie are relatively strong at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Guiseley (4th) -v- Harrogate Town (16th) - Conference North

The last 3 meetings between these two have resulted in 2 wins for Guiseley and a draw, last time out was a 4-0 win for Guiseley.

Guiseleys home form this season has been excellent with 8 Wins, 2 Draws and only 1 Loss, 9 out of these 11 home matches they've scored 2 or more goals.

Contrast the above with Harrogates away form, 3 Wins, 1 Loss and 9 Losses, 10 out of these 13 away games have resulted in Harrogate conceding 2 or more goals and they've only had 1 clean sheet away from home all season.

Guiseley win (5/11) and over 2.5 goals (1/2).
    I'm going to request odds for a Guiseley win and over 2.5 goals.

Match if off. Presuming frozen pitch or something along them lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

5er on double:
    Under 2.5 Goals in Leicester v Nottingham 8/11
    QPR to win 4/5

Leicester have had 8/14 (57%) of home games Under 2.5- (54% of home&away games)
    Forest have had 7/12 (58%) of away games Under 2.5 (54% of home&away games)
    Previous leg was 0-0, neither team interested in cup

QPR: Wouldn't touch this with Warnock in charge but Hughes values cup competitions to build squad moral (he did it with Blackburn)- MK Dons going well in League One but still see home win more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I like the unders in Leicester v Forest. Leicester poor form at home and forest just not scoring. I'm thinking of putting it in double with wright-Phillips wincast.
    Will wait to see QPR team before doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Going for an over 1.5 accum tonight

Bolton/ M'field
    QPR/ Mk Dons
    Milwall/ Dag and Red
    Leicester/ Nott Forest

Pays slightly over evens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

A few small bets for tonight

All 8 teams in the FA Cup to score tonight €2 @ 14/1

€5 Treble