Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014 Free Agency

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans forum not gone on Philips, a view that he seems to go missing in big games, thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Titans forum not gone on Philips, a view that he seems to go missing in big games, thoughts?
    His sack numbers inflate his effectiveness - he didn't bring consistent pressure and, yes, did go missing in games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Reports from rotoworld that Davies might walk from the Colts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Reports from rotoworld that Davies might walk from the Colts.

saw that, will be gutted, has the potential to be a top 5 corner but wants $10+ a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Revis will be cut before Wednesday (apparently)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Hazys wrote: »
    Revis will be cut before Wednesday (apparently)

Not surprised as he's on 16m per year with very little guarenteed. He's pricing himself out of the NFL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

He's decent but thinks he's alot better than he is and so can go AWOL from time to time. He's a partyer too, or at least was when he was in SD, not a great locker room guy hence we cut him loose. There was talk that he had grown up a bit in Denver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Red Crow wrote: »
    Not surprised as he's on 16m per year with very little guarenteed. He's pricing himself out of the NFL.

His 2008-~2011 form is worth every penny of that. The most complete shutdown corner in my time as an NFL fan. If I knew we were getting a 100% to form Revis, I'd be happy for Indy to pay it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Some updates im reading on a Titans forum FA thread

Ravens will lock up Monroe later on today
    Arthur jones is going to the Colts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

davyjose wrote: »
    His 2008-~2011 form is worth every penny of that. The most complete shutdown corner in my time as an NFL fan. If I knew we were getting a 100% to form Revis, I'd be happy for Indy to pay it.

From the analysts I follow on twitter who looked at Revis last year, it would appear that Revis was very good last year but that the Bucs didn't utilise him to his fullest!

On another note Arthur Jones to the Colts is looking very likely @ $6/7 million per year!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

One general manager said the Tampa Bay Buccaneers initially sought two first-round picks for CB Darrelle Revis and were laughed at around the league.

A lot of talk that the Pats are interested in Revis...i don't see it, Revis is all about the $$$$ while the Pats won't over pay...not a match made in heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Very interesting that Lovie is willing to let Revis go, suppose that's the value of the contract that they offered him but Id have thought Smith would have loved to have a player like Revis to build around with but obviously he'd need to rework the contract. Interesting to see where he ends up and what he's willing to accept.

Cant understand the Panthers looking to trade Steve Smith. Cam came on leaps and bounds last year and it was all down to Smith being terrific. Yeah he's getting to the end of his career but he's still their best WR and I cant figure out him leaving

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
    DT Antonio Johnson remains a priority for #Titans to re-sign. Team also has interest in L Washington, Mariani, Williams and Spencer

quote from one of the Titans beat writers, they cant really afford all those guys.

I'm a big Mariani fan, but he's been injured for 2 years and Washington did well in his few games, Williams could be a great receiver but he's way down the depth chart at this point

Adam Vinatieri for another two years! Delighted, Mr Clutch :D

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »

While kickers can get a lot of grief, having a dependable kicker is so so important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

davyjose wrote: »
    The most complete shutdown corner in my time as an NFL fan.

And he still is, he immediately becomes the top FA available

Owen Daniels cut (Texans TE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Daniels is excellent

Bring him to Baltimore!

a bit surprised too... I would be happy enough for the Titans to cut Stevens and/or Thompson and pick up Daniels, Stevens will be earning 4.5 million this year and he may have caught one pass this year.

• Advertisement

According to a Titans source the browns are the team to beat in order to get Dansby

Is everyone elses twitter down? course the day of FA :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dawson coming back to SF,

Whitner off to Cleveland apparently.

That would mean up to 3 of our secondary could be gone depending on what Brown gets in Free Agency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if the great Vinatieri was still doing his thing 5 years from now.

Demarcus Ware has been released :eek:

Probowl Safety Thomas Decoud has been released also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Demarcus Ware has been released :eek:

Oh please Jeebus let him sign for the Giants

From a Pats perspective, this was probably the most expected move in FA...

7dpT6r.jpg

And if a franchise needs a big hitter and one of the best run stuffers, Spikes is your man.

From a Pats perspective, this was probably the most expected move in FA...

7dpT6r.jpg

And if a franchise needs a big hitter and one of the best run stuffers, Spikes is your man.

What injury concerns are there with him Corvus. A run stuffing MLB could go down nicely. Is he average in coverage or a liability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

HigginsJ wrote: »
    What injury concerns are there with him Corvus. A run stuffing MLB could go down nicely. Is he average in coverage or a liability?

I suppose it depends on where we draw the line at average but I'd consider him below average in coverage and well above average at stopping the run.

I'd really like the titans to sign him. I'd like for our D to get more aggressive and mean.

• Advertisement

Titans signn mccluster

Titans signn mccluster

Cracking pick up there. Would loved him in NY.

Is DeMarcus Ware being released a big deal? Not the player he was and the Cowboys are in cap hell and I think this move saves 7M. He refused to move an inch on his contract either.

Can't say I'm shocked! Better than the likes of Tuck at this stage but he'll cost a lot more.

Funny how the teams making the big splashes in the early stages of FA are never contenders.

Jared Veldheer is off to Arizona & Roger Saffold expected to replace him in Oakland.

Personally I'd have much rather kept Veldheer & considering no cap issues with Oakland it seems strange to me

Bethea has signed with the 49ers, whitners replacement obviously. No word on contract but assume less than 7mil per year.

Any colts fans have an opinion on him?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Bethea has signed with the 49ers, whitners replacement obviously. No word on contract but assume less than 7mil per year.

Any colts fans have an opinion on him?

Really intelligent player and hard hitter but his coverage skills have declined big time imo. Yee overpaid at 6.5 per year i think.

He was placed on IR before the playoffs because of a PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) tear to his left knee. A second medical opinion back in January suggested he didn't need surgery, just some rest & rehab. It's an injury he admitted to playing through for most of the season. So I have no doubt he'll be rearing to go next September. I've kinda lost track of him since January, but I'm nearly 100% he didn't have any surgery since then.

Edit: Sorry I missed the second part of your question. Unfortunately Spikes is a big liability in pass coverage. Spikes was passed out by the emergence of the super athletic Jamie Collins. A guy who can do it all and who I project to be starter for us in 2014.

• Advertisement

Really intelligent player and hard hitter but his coverage skills have declined big time imo. Yee overpaid at 6.5 per year i think.

Where are you seeing 6.5 per year?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Lamarr Houston to Chicago.

5 years, 35 mill. 15 mill guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Punter Donnie jones signs a three year deal with the eagles.
    Safety Patrick Chung has been released by the eagles

The bills will release QB Kevin kolb. He's had a few ****ty years.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Punter Donnie jones signs a three year deal with the eagles.
    Safety Patrick Chung has been released by the eagles

The bills will release QB Kevin kolb. He's had a few ****ty years.

A few sh1tty years, rolling in wads of cash $$$$

3 way trade coming: Steve Smith to #Patriots, Ryan Mallett to #Texans, 33rd pick to #Panthers. You can site "media sources."
    11:50 AM - 11 Mar 2014

adrian522 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing 6.5 per year?

All over twitter

• Advertisement

3 way trade coming: Steve Smith to #Patriots, Ryan Mallett to #Texans, 33rd pick to #Panthers. You can site "media sources."
    11:50 AM - 11 Mar 2014

What is this madness you speak of?

All over twitter

49ers beat writer originally said that but has since backtracked, haven't seen contract details from a reliable source.

Bad deal if true, Whitner signed a deal for $7m per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Gentlemen, it is 4pm New York time and FA is open for business

Let the madness begin!

What is this madness you speak of?

No idea, saw it on twitter.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Gentlemen, it is 4pm New York time and FA is open for business

Let the madness begin!

Yes it was.. An hour ago!! :)