Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a little person?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

falan wrote: »
    I'll date whatever i can get..

awh I think its time to quite a little Judge Judy here
    "Better to be alone than desperate"

Thats what I tell myself every day

*hangs head in sadness*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That's a fowl comment

Poultry talk belongs in Agriculture or Animal and Pet Issues, and remember, they're not midgets, they're bantams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I dated a "little person" for a few months a long number of years ago. She was very nice and we got on great. The height difference did take a few dates to get used to and there was the occasional stare from morons out in public. I broke up with her in the end because she was just so tight with money, every time we went out and something had to be paid for it was the same old story "Would you mind getting this, i'm a little short"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

If she'd wear a schoolgirl outfit all the time... sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

Op how low can you get,

no really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

20% said yes?!... wtf...creeps

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

a-k-47 wrote: »

How exactly is that creepy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

fairly ****ty that you think its creepy to date a little person. What exactly would be wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

How is having the ability to look past such an insignificant fault as height creepy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Only on December 21st.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

After several hours of consideration I have decided : Midget = yes. Dwarf = no.

Sorry to all dwarves reading this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, because I'm racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

I'm not heightist but......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I voted yes, not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Senna wrote: »
    I dated a "little person" for a few months a long number of years ago. She was very nice and we got on great. The height difference did take a few dates to get used to and there was the occasional stare from morons out in public. I broke up with her in the end because she was just so tight with money, every time we went out and something had to be paid for it was the same old story "Would you mind getting this, i'm a little short"

You dated a "little person"? Did she ever go up on you?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I Voted......Every once in a while, along comes a thread in AH which shows us the kind of people some posters really are. Sure, I'm almost as likely as anyone else to make a pun about someones weird death in America or something like that where I know I won't offend the dead person and I wont offend the relatives because they will never see the thread. Heres a thread that could be read by the subjects of the thread though. But sure fcuk it, I don't care, I am protected by my keyboard and monitor.

I dare any of you to say these things to a real small persons face. You nasty cowards!

FYI, I am of average build and height and normally I don't like people who get offended on other peoples behalf, but .........FFS lads.

Anyway, at least I was able to mine the thread for more names to add to the list of people who's posts I might read in a different light in future now that I know they are nasty fcuks.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Calibos wrote: »
    I Voted......Every once in a while, along comes a thread in AH which shows us the kind of people some posters really are. Sure, I'm almost as likely as anyone else to make a pun about someones weird death in America or something like that where I know I won't offend the dead person and I wont offend the relatives because they will never see the thread. Heres a thread that could be read by the subjects of the thread though. But sure fcuk it, I don't care, I am protected by my keyboard and monitor.

I dare any of you to say these things to a real small persons face. You nasty cowards!

FYI, I am of average build and height and normally I don't like people who get offended on other peoples behalf, but .........FFS lads.

Anyway, at least I was able to mine the thread for more names to add to the list of people who's posts I might read in a different light in future now that I know they are nasty fcuks.

I'm 7 foot 9, so every person is a small person to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It be impossible for me to date a munchkin small person, I'm too tall. I'd have to get on my hands and knees just to give her a peck on the cheek (slight exaggeration?)

We'd look like this walking down the street:

l.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

A bit lacking in sensitivity when posting for lols, perhaps, but nasty fucks is a little harsh.

They're only jokes.

Do all midgets lack a sense of humour concerning their condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I may date a little person, but not a midget. Midgets are tiny. "Little people" are anything under the 5 foot mark :P

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    It be impossible for me to date a munchkin small person, I'm too tall. I'd have to get on my hands and knees just to give her a peck on the cheek (slight exaggeration?)

We'd look like this walking down the street:

l.

... not to mention the sight when taking her parents out to dinner!

.l..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I Voted......Every once in a while, along comes a thread in AH which shows us the kind of people some posters really are...Heres a thread that could be read by the subjects of the thread though...I might read in a different light in future now that I know they are nasty fcuks.

Chill out man, your in AH and not Humanities!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Someone's got a short temper!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I find this a strange thread, although I inadvertently seem to have voted - not sure which way though.

Would a thread be tolerated which was named 'Would you date a black/Jewish/disabled/Roma/Traveller/blind person?'

Then there seems to be a subtle difference in maybe a thread which was entitled, 'Would you date a lifer/serial murderer/someone who had just come out of jail?

I have seen a lot of vertically challenged (because I'm not sure of the difference between midget, dwarf or little person) people in the town where I live and I'm sure that not one of them would find this thread in the least bit funny, apart from them probably having heard all the 'jokes' before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Greyfox wrote: »
    Chill out man, your in AH and not Humanities!!

Can't wait for the phrase that excuses anything.....'Ah, sure we're only havin' a laugh like'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Of course I would go on the date, but I doubt it would get much further. Before long, I expect I would accidentally do something that would cause offence, no matter how hard I tried to avoid it. Some otherwise innocuous statement would be interpreted as belittling (!) to her, and that would be that.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Damn right, some people just need to grow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Seems like people who think it's hilarious to slag off people because they have dwarfism are the creeps.

Is there any rules about bringing midgets on holiday with you as carry-on luggage? It'd be a great money saver for couples on a budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

bonerm wrote: »
    Is there any rules about bringing midgets on holiday with you as carry-on luggage? It'd be a great money saver for couples on a budget.

6:55

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement