Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Winter Kit Order A/W 2015

• 31-08-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Hello.
    yes it's that time of year again...
    I have the go ahead from Dav and we can go ahead with the a winter kit order.
    I will have the specifics up from tomorrow so for now just express an interest.
    It will be a Bib Tights. LS Jerseys, winter Jacket, DeFend LS and SS plus arm and leg warmers.
    Verge are quiet and turning orders around quickly at presents so hopefully all being well we will have this done by mid October.
    Mods can this topic be pinned?

Google docs for orders - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1qMILTq3wUZjxoHZxs4MytllXKEWoi_h8lLrxKnYNU_4/edit#gid=929454375

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Peter T

Id be interested

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll be in for something depending on payday!

Probably looking for some arm warmers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

godtabh wrote: »
    I'll be in for something depending on payday!

Probably looking for some arm warmers
    We can get the standard fabric or ones in the DeFend material

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

We can get the standard fabric or ones in the DeFend material

I'd be looking for the defender material. Have the short sleve version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I'm interested too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Current design or is something different in the pipeline?

Either way, are there some graphics?

I'm interested but I'll have to be careful as I spent a few bob on gear in France and the Mrs might blow a fuse........... again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'd be interested depending on colour. Can we go back to the pink (3rd edition pink)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

What are the aW 2015 colours ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I'm all kitted up thanks!

I'm all kitted up thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

Interested depending on cost and design

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm also in, depending on cost. Not fussed about the design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

Also interested!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'd probably need a new design to justify it, and not get shot, but I'd be in. particularly for a defender (anyone have one they'd be willing to let me try on in Dublin). Is the winter jacket, the Entropa again too, as that's probably my most used bit of kit.

Weepsie wrote: »
    I'd probably need a new design to justify it, and not get shot, but I'd be in. particularly for a defender (anyone have one they'd be willing to let me try on in Dublin). Is the winter jacket, the Entropa again too, as that's probably my most used bit of kit.

Whats the Entropa like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Whats the Entropa like?

Good in a shower, great at keeping wind off I find, can get very warm. It's not a waterproof material, it's a membrane so it can keep sweat in if it's layered too much.

Super light, and just easy to shove into bag, jersey. I feel like it keeps a lot of rain off, but won't keep you fully dry or warm.

I checked with Verge if further waterproofing can be done, they said don't do it as it's a membrane material and not strictly waterproof material.

Probably stick to the defender so

• Advertisement

Hi lads.
    Uodate soon. Its my son's 1st day at school today so busy doing that stuff at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

The defender jackets are really nice, just keep in mind they run quite small in sizes (aka truly skin tight)
    Ordered some for our club, only positive feedback!!!

Hani Kosti wrote: »
    The defender jackets are really nice, just keep in mind they run quite small in sizes (aka truly skin tight)
    Ordered some for our club, only positive feedback!!!

I have one. They are great. They also stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

I have one. They are great. They also stretch.

They'll probably need to with Christmas approaching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭dubsaab

Interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Ohhhhhh, Defender you say?

What's the going rate for a kidney these days........??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Subbing to see price and design

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Also interested in some new boardsie gear-old green gear starting to wear out!!
    Any idea on colour-how about blue or red or back to the original orange? Or lumenscent for the dark winter nights/mornings?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Polka dots of the boards logo in every colour!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

noob here. Don't have any boards kits. Are the things mentioned in the OP brands or style i.e. DeFend?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

noob here. Don't have any boards kits. Are the things mentioned in the OP brands or style i.e. DeFend?
    It's one of the designs

See the OP from the last winter order for descriptions

In terms of design, think these were the final options last winter

27y7byh.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Does anyone have the winter bib toights, and how do you rate them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Would there be any possibility of getting a brighter colour other than black for the dark winter evening's?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I like the polka dot idea :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We've already had 4 designs over the last 6 years. Do posters really want yet another?

(and people complain about Soccer clubs changing their strip every other year!)

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    We've already had 4 designs over the last 6 years. Do posters really want yet another?

(and people complain about Soccer clubs changing their strip every other year!)

I feel i don't get honked at, waved at or shouted at (in a friendly manner) enough when donning the kit. And that's all I want*

The pink jersey always gets noticed though, although it's too big, and a bit torn.

I actually want the comfort, cut and occasional nod is all.

Even the pink one was mainly black - I agree though - having bright colours over winter may make people feel more likely to be noticed. Maybe we should go for a hi-viz option:pac:.

I personally like to have my bright orange or yellow Assos gear on (along with a bright orange helmet) over the winter (although perhaps that's for another thread!!).

Just so people are aware the final sign off comes from boards. People can propose their own designs but Dav will need to sign them off. Personally I like the current design but would also be interested in a brighter version.

I wasn't looking to get involved in a design change to be honest.

I will have the order spreadsheet up with instructions by end the day.
    It will be the current design - however there is some scope for people to order kit in previous designs if they really (x1000) want to..

What I'd say is that it create a bit of a logistical nightmare but if people are desperate for an older design (The Green Boards kit or the Pink Boards Kit) then John at Lucca will sort it out.

How does that all sound? I'm not going to dig out previous pics of the old kit designs though. This option is more for people who have the older stuff and they'll know what it looks like already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Yep, what Godtabh says.
    Dav has ,ultimately, final call on the design.

Just for clarity, in case anyone is interested, I am a re reg of bcmf who is the talent behind the last design.

• Advertisement

It's entirely up to yourself if you don't want to do a re design hunterbiker

I personally like how the current design worked out ( well I would , wouldn't I) so am on favour of keeping it.
    Going from experience if a redesign were to happen its unlikely that it would be delivered before Xmas.
    Just basing it on experience.

koutoubia wrote: »
    Just for clarity, in case anyone is interested, .....

Nah not interested...

:)

Hunterbiker has asked me to post this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qMILTq3wUZjxoHZxs4MytllXKEWoi_h8lLrxKnYNU_4/edit#gid=92945437

Will try and add it to the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Does anyone have the winter tights, and how do you rate them?

I've emailed a Cycling Mod to update the OP with the link to the Order Spreadsheet.
    The spreadsheet lists all the items and has a link to the item on the Verge website - all the sizing info and technical details for the item are on this link.
    Have a look at the items. Any queries re the ordering or products please let me know.

I've emailed a Cycling Mod to update the OP with the link to the Order Spreadsheet.
    The spreadsheet lists all the items and has a link to the item on the Verge website - all the sizing info and technical details for the item are on this link.
    Have a look at the items. Any queries re the ordering or products please let me know.

Added the spreadsheet to the OP :)

Will probably get the DeFend arm and leg warmers.

The winter hat is probably the best warmest piece of winter kit I have.
    If you insist on riding outdoors in deep winter then get this....end of!

Well sheeeeeeit, you might yet find me buying the gilet and leg/arm warmers

Well sheeeeeeit, you might yet find me buying the gilet and leg/arm warmers

Speaking of arm warmer's ...cough cough.....:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement