Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Notes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ok SOAD are ruled out after looking at tour dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Mushy wrote: »
    Ok SOAD are ruled out after looking at tour dates.

How so ? They have loads of room to stick in an irish date at some point in August.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

toool toooool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

How so ? They have loads of room to stick in an irish date at some point in August.

Here's there schedule

August 7, 2013 Anapa, Russia Kubana Festival
    August 9, 2013 Gavle, Sweden Getaway Rock Festival
    August 11, 2013 Mikkeli, Finland Jurassic Rock Festival
    August 13, 2013 Lodz, Poland Atlas Arena
    August 14, 2013 Prague, Czech Republic Aerodrome Festival
    August 17, 2013 Hockenheim, Germany Rock 'n' Heim
    August 18, 2013 Gelsenkirchen, Germany Rock im Pott
    August 20, 2013 Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide
    August 21, 2013 Amsterdam, Holland Ziggo Dome
    August 23, 2013 Reading Festival Reading, UK
    August 24, 2013 Leeds Festival Leeds, UK
    August 25, 2013 Paris, France Rock en Seine
    August 27, 2013 Milan, Italy Arena Fiera Milano Rho

If they were to come to Dublin they'd tag it next to a UK date, otherwise would mean UK, then mainland Europe, then they'd have to get 2 ferries (English Channel & Irish Sea) back to Dublin, at huge cost.

As much as i'd love to see it it's not gonna happen. And don't ask about the 22nd, if they did that then it'd be 6 consecutive gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

frag420 wrote: »
    DEFTONES,DEFTONES,DEFTONES,DEFTONES,DEFTONES,DEFTONES,DEFTONES,DEFTONES,DEFTONES,DEFTONES,DEFTONES,

I'd like to echo this sentiment :D.

Or Tool.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Here's there schedule

August 7, 2013 Anapa, Russia Kubana Festival
    August 9, 2013 Gavle, Sweden Getaway Rock Festival
    August 11, 2013 Mikkeli, Finland Jurassic Rock Festival
    August 13, 2013 Lodz, Poland Atlas Arena
    August 14, 2013 Prague, Czech Republic Aerodrome Festival
    August 17, 2013 Hockenheim, Germany Rock 'n' Heim
    August 18, 2013 Gelsenkirchen, Germany Rock im Pott
    August 20, 2013 Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide
    August 21, 2013 Amsterdam, Holland Ziggo Dome
    August 23, 2013 Reading Festival Reading, UK
    August 24, 2013 Leeds Festival Leeds, UK
    August 25, 2013 Paris, France Rock en Seine
    August 27, 2013 Milan, Italy Arena Fiera Milano Rho

If they were to come to Dublin they'd tag it next to a UK date, otherwise would mean UK, then mainland Europe, then they'd have to get 2 ferries (English Channel & Irish Sea) back to Dublin, at huge cost.

As much as i'd love to see it it's not gonna happen. And don't ask about the 22nd, if they did that then it'd be 6 consecutive gigs

I see where our coming from but couldnt they stick an irish date on infront of that tour or at the end on their way back to the USA ? To be fair I think the cost would be justified considering how popular they are and the whole novelty factor of chop suey (I know several people who go to **** all gigs but would head to this as they know SOAD through that song)

I see where our coming from but couldnt they stick an irish date on infront of that tour or at the end on their way back to the USA ? To be fair I think the cost would be justified considering how popular they are and the whole novelty factor of chop suey (I know several people who go to **** all gigs but would head to this as they know SOAD through that song)

Nah Irish gigs are tagged to Uk dates. There no logic in playing before Russia or at end of one after going to Italy. Before Reading/Leeds was only time itd work, theres no space for a show.

Nah Irish gigs are tagged to Uk dates. There no logic in playing before Russia or at end of one after going to Italy. Before Reading/Leeds was only time itd work, theres no space for a show.

I think im just trying to convince myself that it'll be them. Ah well. I'll be happy with Deftones anyway.(If they by some chance get announced)

I think im just trying to convince myself that it'll be them. Ah well. I'll be happy with Deftones anyway.(If they by' some chance get announced)

Dont blame ya for trying that. Just happy Im seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I have it on good authority its one of the following Metallica, Maiden, Rammstein or Slipknot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The slipknot or metallica please, what time is this announced at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I have it on good authority its one of the following Metallica, Maiden, Rammstein or Slipknot

...two of whom are definitely not American.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

blastman wrote: »

Gotta be Slipknot then, it looks like Metallica have no European dates lined up for this summer.

Shouldn't this have been announced already? Doesn't the show air from 10 until 12?

blastman wrote: »
    Oops my bad I hope its Metallica.

Gotta be Slipknot then, it looks like Metallica have no European dates lined up for this summer.

Shouldn't this have been announced already? Doesn't the show air from 10 until 12?

Yeah 10-12 tonight

Yeah 10-12 tonight

Oh right, I thought it was 10-12 in the morning.:o

I know who it is. All American lineup and 3 bands. 2 of whom are legends with the third band :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I know who it is. All American lineup and 3 bands. 2 of whom are legends with the third band :(

Ah go on............give us a spoiler.

Ah go on............give us a spoiler.

Ok a clue is Brittany Spears.

Is one of the bands Limp Bizkit in that case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are they utter s***e too!!!???:D

If you know then tell us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

If you know then tell us

It's only a few more hours until it's announced. Patience! ;)

If you know then tell us
    I was promised to secrecy but true metal fans will not like the third band on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaT7x6Xh8Rw

I was promised to secrecy but true metal fans will not like the third band on the bill.

So send me a PM, I won't tell anyone, then when announced will confirm yer right ;)

Slipknot, stone sour and murderdolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

RayCon wrote: »
    Van Halen in the RDS it is so ................. make it happen.

Van Halen dates for this year are just starting to come out, no European dates yet. One Australian appearance, a few dates in Japan and today a confirmed festival date in July in the US. Ray let's hope they get to Europe as DLR has said he wants to get the brothers on the road for a real tour.

Slipknot, stone sour and murderdolls?
    Nope none of the above.

• Advertisement

rednik wrote: »
    Van Halen dates for this year are just starting to come out, no European dates yet. One Australian appearance, a few dates in Japan and today a confirmed festival date in July in the US. Ray let's hope they get to Europe as DLR has said he wants to get the brothers on the road for a real tour.
    Sadly not I wish it was them as I am a mega Van Halen fan.

Advertisement