Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treve Treve Treve

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

The fact that flintshire finished in front of her is a fair indication of how below par she ran yesterday. whether that was because of the ground, because she had an off day or because of a poor ride from Jarnet, or indeed a combination of some or all of these factors, who knows? She definitely didn't produce her best.that much is certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The pacemaker played right into Golden Horn and Dettori's hands, it allowed him to get a brilliant position and he was in the best position to strike for home. I think he is the best horse in the race anyway. Treve just didn't fire but on that ground would she have beaten Golden Horn even if she was at her best? The pacemaker was a waste of time. GH is so strong at the finish over that trip, he's a monster over 1m 4. It's a shame he was beaten by Arabian Queen but it just shows that they aren't machines, aside from that it has been a superb career for Golden Horn, would love to him at the Breeders Cup to round off a fantastic season. That would be 4 Grade 1's in 4 different countries if he were to win in the States.

Treve is probably the greatest filly of all time and lost nothing in defeat on Sunday imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Johner wrote: »
    Treve is probably the greatest filly of all time and lost nothing in defeat on Sunday imo.
    What about Kincsem, ran 54 races, won 54 races?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

diomed wrote: »
    What about Kincsem, ran 54 races, won 54 races?

True.....

followed by Rachel Alexandra, Zenyatta or Ouija Board

Goldikova, 14 Group 1 wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

One of the greatest then. :D

Johner wrote: »
    One of the greatest then. :D
    Yeah. Write out "I must not hype Treve" 100 times. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Always said Golden Horn was much better over 12f. A superstar of a horse up there with the likes of Sea the Stars, Sinndar, Galileo and Harbinger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Always said Golden Horn was much better over 12f. A superstar of a horse up there with the likes of Sea the Stars, Sinndar, Galileo and Harbinger.

:confused:

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    :confused:

Timeform rating of 140. His King George win was the best middle distance performance I have ever seen.

Timeform rating of 140. His King George win was the best middle distance performance I have ever seen.

I take no notice of Timeform, constantly overrating recent English horses, harbinger wasn't even in the same parish as the other horses you mentioned

kfallon wrote: »
    I take no notice of Timeform, constantly overrating recent English horses, harbinger wasn't even in the same parish as the other horses you mentioned

Just my opinion bud.

Just my opinion bud.

Yip - that's what makes horse racing great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Terre a full sister to Treve makes a fine debut when running on into 2nd place in an end of October maiden on soft ground. Much is expected of this classy filly who's being hyped as a Treve 2.0. The poor horse will be weighed down by expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

A battle royale of the French super filly families tomorrow in the group 3 Prix Cleopatre when C Head's much hyped Terre a full sister to the mighty Treve takes on F Head's Terrakova a highly thought of Galileo daughter of the other mighty French star Goldikova whose own Galileo half sister Galikova was another star GP 1 French filly.

Phew.. That's a lot of hyperbole :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭deeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

tryfix wrote: »
    A battle royale of the French super filly families tomorrow in the group 3 Prix Cleopatre when C Head's much hyped Terre a full sister to the mighty Treve takes on F Head's Terrakova a highly thought of Galileo daughter of the other mighty French star Goldikova whose own Galileo half sister Galikova was another star GP 1 French filly.

Phew.. That's a lot of hyperbole :)

A head to head there for sure ;)

Advertisement