Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jeez - you don't want to be getting oil on your shirtsleeves ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

It could also be that your brake nut (the one in the fork) may be a tad loose causing the pulse.
    Though I will go with Astra's suggestion.
    @ Astra. I am proud of you. It doesnt seem that long ago since I was out in yours sorting out your shifting issue's and a rattling noise.
    Well done. Keep up the good work.
    Hungrycol wrote: »
    Why does my front wheel pulse when braking under pressure. Feels like I got really really slow ABS :pac:

Is it as simple as dirt/greese on the rim or are the forks/headset loose? Or something else?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ROK ON wrote: »
    Capt
    Where did you see those cufflinks?

www.shinycufflinks.co.uk

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My girlfriend bought me some underwear for Valentines, I just noticed they're described as "Hipster Trunk", will I get an uncontrollable urge to ride a fixie and wear skinny jeans if I put them on?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

My girlfriend bought me some underwear for Valentines, I just noticed they're described as "Hipster Trunk", will I get an uncontrollable urge to ride a fixie and wear skinny jeans if I put them on?

And a fedora. Don't forget about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

doozerie wrote: »
    From the Sunday Times: "OMG, cyclists are eating our babies!!!" (full article available to paid subscribers only).

WHO does that cyclist hurtling past at 41mph think he is? Bradley Wiggins?

When I slip in behind a Domino's moped I think of myself more as Jacques Anquetil on the road from Bordeaux to Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is Bradley Wiggins the new Lance Armstrong in the "Who do you think you are, ...?" question? It's still Stirling Moss for fast drivers, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭buffalo

Roche succeeds in saying... nothing at all really.
    "Maybe there were some mistakes made. The UCI is a federation but it’s also a business and what businessman hasn’t made mistakes to help the company work better?

“Now I’m not saying that Pat has made mistakes, but maybe some of the decisions could be debated today."

The whole section called "Rough Ride" just makes me dislike Roche. He says he regrets not listening to Kimmage and giving him more "space" (whatever that is), and then goes on to describe him as a "little guy with a chip on his shoulder" and complains about his negativity? So ****ing patronising.

edit: link to http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/roche-on-mcquaid-and-kimmage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

ROK ON wrote: »
    Capt
    Where did you see those cufflinks?

I saw them here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Bloody Gatorskins. Bloody Tyre Levers. Arrrggghhhh.

Few minutes out of the house and I noticed my tube is popping out. Changed it in the dark the night before last and hadn't checked it properly. Spent ten minutes fumbling in the cold trying to get the tyre off. Having only one lever didn't help. Much cursing, swearing and gnashing of teeth before I gave up, walked home and jumped in the car.

Sitting in Traffic I remembered that there was a perfectly decent Hybrid and a MTB sitting in the shed.

One of those days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

daragh_ wrote: »

Few minutes out of the house and I noticed my tube is popping out. Changed it in the dark the night before last and hadn't checked it properly. Spent ten minutes fumbling in the cold trying to get the tyre off. Having only one lever didn't help. Much cursing, swearing and gnashing of teeth before I gave up, walked home and jumped in the car.

Sitting in Traffic I remembered that there was a perfectly decent Hybrid and a MTB sitting in the shed.

One of those days.

There is always the weekend to catch a few KM's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

buffalo wrote: »
    Roche succeeds in saying... nothing at all really.

The whole section called "Rough Ride" just makes me dislike Roche. He says he regrets not listening to Kimmage and giving him more "space" (whatever that is), and then goes on to describe him as a "little guy with a chip on his shoulder" and complains about his negativity? So ****ing patronising.

edit: link to http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/roche-on-mcquaid-and-kimmage

Agree with you to a point, but the "little guy" comment he made refered to how he felt at the time I understood. An opinion plentyof people spouted for a long time. Still a fan of cAuaid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

daragh_ wrote: »

One of those days.

One of those days that starts, Ah for fu*k sake, and continues as an Ah for fu*k sake day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

285280_470740999642408_800984266_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Hungrycol wrote: »
    One of those days that starts, Ah for fu*k sake, and continues as an Ah for fu*k sake day.

I was forced to get new wheels to cheer me up :D

Crying.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Currently in the executive lounge at Dublin Airport. I knew Danny DeVito was small, but not that small. Hopefully I'll be sat next to him on the flight to Heathrow - should give me plenty of room to spread out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Beasty wrote: »
    Currently in the executive lounge at Dublin Airport. I knew Danny DeVito was small, but not that small. Hopefully I'll be sat next to him on the flight to Heathrow - should give me plenty of room to spread out...

Hope you got a window seat too (for your GPS to work) & got some good Strava segments on the way over ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

Currently in the executive lounge at Dublin Airport. I knew Danny DeVito was small, but not that small. Hopefully I'll be sat next to him on the flight to Heathrow...

Twins!!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Currently in the executive lounge at Dublin Airport.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Well hello Mr Fancy Pants

Someone has to collect the coffee cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

So freakingly cold out today. I was with glove liners and huge ski gloves and couldn't feel my fingers after a while. It's a miracle how I managed to do 60k.

Did 40ish yesterday. Cold. Cold. Cold.

What's delivery like from CRC these days? Bought some new shoes off them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

BX 19 wrote: »
    What's delivery like from CRC these days? Bought some new shoes off them there.

Shockingly good. I only have to wait a few days from purchase to receiving new-gear. Always been fast service to me :)

Cool! ordered some new road shoes there yesterday, hopefully I'll have them by wednesday in time for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AstraMonti wrote: »
    So freakingly cold out today. I was with glove liners and huge ski gloves and couldn't feel my fingers after a while. It's a miracle how I managed to do 60k.
    I managed to do 82kms but my toes were freezing throughout (but then I neglected to wear overshoes. :o).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Shockingly good. I only have to wait a few days from purchase to receiving new-gear. Always been fast service to me :)

For the sake of balance: Shockingly bad.
    Ordered some stuff on Sun pm. Got the email on Mon am that my stuff has been dispatched.
    Here we are on Sat pm without my stuff.
    I threw in 2 drinking bottle to bulk up the package in order to help delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭buffalo

bcmf wrote: »
    bulk up the package

Probably doesn't fit in your letterbox any more now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

Does anyone recognise what make of bottle cage this is? Looking to find a brother for it.
    242384.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement