Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Help!

I had a great week last week-lost about 2lbs. Then had a long weekend. First time at home after more than a month drink take aways and goodies prevailed. Decided to get back on track today-nope. Tomorrow? Going away party with wine and take away! I'll be up a stone by wi!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭popcornbowl

third weigh in last night and am only down a pound. Im finding it more and more disheartening to be honest as I'm being really good and exercising every day. I know that its different for everyone and we all lose it at different rates and I know that a pound is better than nothing but I really feel that I should be losing more. 5 pounds in 3 weeks isn't great...! Its incredibly frustrating and disappointing.
    It truly amazes me how easily and quickly it goes on and how hard it is to get it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

third weigh in last night and am only down a pound. Im finding it more and more disheartening to be honest as I'm being really good and exercising every day. I know that its different for everyone and we all lose it at different rates and I know that a pound is better than nothing but I really feel that I should be losing more. 5 pounds in 3 weeks isn't great...! Its incredibly frustrating and disappointing.
    It truly amazes me how easily and quickly it goes on and how hard it is to get it off.
    I "only" lose a pound a week but I have heard that losing it slower means it's harder to put back on.
    It's not a competition either, sometimes we can get caught up in it when we hear someone lost 3 pounds in a week.
    A pound a week, you'd have 3.5 stone lost in a year, that's loads!
    Don't let a "low" loss put you off. Plenty of people go to meetings and have put on weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭popcornbowl

I "only" lose a pound a week but I have heard that losing it slower means it's harder to put back on.
    It's not a competition either, sometimes we can get caught up in it when we hear someone lost 3 pounds in a week.
    A pound a week, you'd have 3.5 stone lost in a year, that's loads!
    Don't let a "low" loss put you off. Plenty of people go to meetings and have put on weight.

ah I know...and I dont mean to sound like an ungrateful spoilt brat over it, there were women at my meeting last night who wouldve been chuffed to bits with a 1 pound loss, but I just feel that for the amount of work I'm putting in, I'm not getting great results.

I'll keep at it though. lol...just thinking, I hope I dont gain any week...i'll be on here in floods!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm being a bit bold this week. Baby is demanding all attention, all the time, so I'm not putting as much thought into what I'm eating - that said, I seem to be living on sugar free jelly and those low-fat custards, so I'm not sure what effect it will have.. Seem to have done further damage to my back which is restricting how much I'm able to get out and about with him (have to haul a buggy down two flights of stairs to escape). And junk food has never seemed so appealing! That said, have chopped up sweet potato on in the oven with paprika and garlic over it, for snacking on and lunch! Dinners are where I'm falling to pieces a little bit, so tempted to just say feck it and order takeaway when I'm that tired...

• Advertisement

Try increasing water. I always thought it was superstition but I gave it a go for a week had 2 75ml bottles a day for the week and it almost doubled my loss. I don't know if it keeps your metabolism up or what but I got the loss

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I have my weigh in tonight after missing last week and being on a weekend away.

Hoping the 8k hike, two gym sessions and the pool will stand to me this evening!

On the bright side, today I am wearing a pair of pants I haven't fit into for two years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

IrishAlice wrote: »
    I have my weigh in tonight after missing last week and being on a weekend away.

Hoping the 8k hike, two gym sessions and the pool will stand to me this evening!

On the bright side, today I am wearing a pair of pants I haven't fit into for two years :)
    That happened to me yesterday too! It's a great feeling, to be able to fit into things that I was bursting out of a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

That happened to me yesterday too! It's a great feeling, to be able to fit into things that I was bursting out of a few months ago.

It feels like a little victory!

Definitely motivation to keep going and maybe this time I'll manage to fit back into the clothes in my wish wardrobe! It'll save me a fortune :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Minniemurph

I recently bought a Weightwatcher scales in Harvey Norman! Any other scale i use im down 4 pounds at the gym, doctors, hospital, in my boyfriends house! I always weigh myself first thing in the morning also.... Is anyone else finding this problem????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

I recently bought a Weightwatcher scales in Harvey Norman! Any other scale i use im down 4 pounds at the gym, doctors, hospital, in my boyfriends house! I always weigh myself first thing in the morning also.... Is anyone else finding this problem????

It's not very clear what your problem is, apart from the fact that your friends and acquaintances must find it very odd that the first thing you do when you arrive is to hop up on their scales and weigh yourself !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Hi OP

There is a weight watchers thread already here that get a lot of traffic so I will close this and merge your post into that thread.

Thanks,
    Meta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi Popcornbowl, Most of my weight losses are either a half pound or a pound a week and it can get you down but just keep at it. When I do get a big loss I might stay the same for a few weeks after. Like you I was doing a lot of exercise but I found that I lost inches and got very toned. 5lb pounds in three weeks is absolutely brilliant and you sound like you are so focused so keep it up:)

I missed my weigh in on Thursday but on my scales I was down a pound. I find it really hard to keep focused when I miss my meeting so I will have to try really hard this week. Good luck everyone! Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Still 12.5lbs to go. I'm at the same weight give or take a couple of lbs one way or the other since September. :(

Still 12.5lbs to go. I'm at the same weight give or take a couple of lbs one way or the other since September. :(

The last few pounds are always the hardest and take the longest to get off but you will get there. When you get to the very end especially if you have been losing weight for a long time it takes some determination and push to keep going. Remember how much you have lost and be proud of that! Also remember you have kept all that weight off as well and I know that is not easy.

At the moment I also have about 12 pounds to go to get to goal and jeekers its sticking to me. You will get there it doesn't matter how long it takes, just don't give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I've nothing to report, couldn't get to class, and I'm not sure how accurate my own scales are, so I will live with the suspense til next week. Doing plenty of walking, and drinking water like a good one :D, in the hot weather we have had recently.
    Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Despite my crappy week, I was down 4 lb this week and got my 5%. Feeling motivated to keep at it - yay fitting into size 14's properly! Going to be tough this week, going to my parents for the week, only saving grace is that Mam was in WW on and off over the year so at least she gets it. Going to have to find a new meeting though, think its too early to take a week off just yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone.

I was in Florida for 9 days and came back on Wednesday. It was my first time in America and the portion sizes are as big as they say! We spent 4 days in theme parks and one day we walked over 20,000 steps although that definitely didn't cancel out the bad eating. The holiday started off as a nightmare as 3 flights were cancelled and we were stuck in Philadelphia overnight.

Apart from that setback it was an amazing holiday. Tuesday will be my first weigh in back. It looked like I gained 8lb when I weighed in at home, my scales are fairly accurate to the ww one. We arrived home 7am Wednesday morning went to bed got up had a Chinese and went back to bed haha. Damn jet lag!

Myself and the boyfriend joined a gym the Friday and have been and worked out. Let's hope weigh in Tuesday is not that bad and I have limited the damage a little.

Half pound down. Delighted because I was out last Friday and had curry chips. :)

I thought I was losing focus. Maybe I need to just stop thinking about it so much and just relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm all over the place :( Had a week where I just ate rings round me, so in doing six weeks of WW I'm only down 3lb because I've had two huge gains!

7 weigh ins until my sister in law's wedding so really want to get down into the 17s stone bracket.. couldn't tell you last time I was there :(:eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 11weeks

Hey Purple Pawprints, delighted to hear that you've gotten your mojo back and congrats on the loss. I think what you said is great advice...stop thinking about it so much and just relax.

I too get totally caught up in - what will I eat / how many PP / do I have enough weeklies / what do I have for lunch / what do I have for dinner and then if no exercise was done – beating myself up some more, such a mental merry-go-round..have my mind totally consumed and head wrecked!..So this week I’m going to (try) relax..

11weeks thats exactly what I'm like too.. The last few weeks I've been weighing myself almost everyday which is something I never did.. I need to calm down a little bit.

Hey all, I was a half pound down today, I think its going to be slowly but surly for me. Anyway Onwards and Downwards:)

11weeks thats exactly what I'm like too.. The last few weeks I've been weighing myself almost everyday which is something I never did.. I need to calm down a little bit.

I seem to be watching the scales a lot lately too. I seem to go down and then sabotage myself by eating all around me. We will get there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, I was a half pound down today, I think its going to be slowly but surly for me. Anyway Onwards and Downwards:)

Well done honeygirl and snap- half a pound for me also. Pleased, cos I wasn't sure what expect. Going to go for a steady pace over the coming weeks, really happy with how things have gone so far.

Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Down 2 yesterday but considering I'd a stomach bug earlier this week and didn't eat for a full 24 hour period I don't think that's a true 2 pounds. We'll see on Tuesday!

Well done everyone on the loses, we're going great for summer.

I am so far off the wagon I can't even lie to myself anymore! I've been eating rubbish for 3 weeks now I think. So much sugar and fat that I actually feel ill and I'm far too afraid to go back to my meeting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well went to weigh in Tuesday and weighed in post holiday. I gained 3lb which I was delighted to after 3 weeks since last weigh in and 9 days away in Florida.

Joined a gym been twice since Tuesday and going again tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a loss this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Hello everyone,

I've got 26 daily points and 49 weekly points. Just wanted to know if anyone uses their weekly points? I tend to stick to my DP's but I'm starting to think I should be using the WP's also. Do you spread them out over the week? Would you keep them for the weekend as an extra treat? Or only have where required if your feeling that little bit more hungry? I don't attend the meetings because of work commitments so haven't spoken with my leader.

Please forgive the novice in me, just here for some advice.

Advertisement