Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official RYDER JUG thread (- No betting posts!!)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Really enjoyed the Ryder Jug experience. A smashing course and great weather set the day up well. Solid play from The Big Easy and myself brought in a win which is always enjoyable. Congrats to the opposing team on their overall win. Looking forward to next year already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Macker1 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the Ryder Jug experience. A smashing course and great weather set the day up well. Solid play from The Big Easy and myself brought in a win which is always enjoyable. Congrats to the opposing team on their overall win. Looking forward to next year already.

Good job I was playing with the golfer of the year, that's all I can say :)

When I parred the Index 2 third, I thought I was going to play well, you should never think while playing golf :rolleyes:

I never really got it going after that, with the low-light being three duffed 64 degrees (yeah I know I shouldn't be using it :p) from the middle of the 11th fairway. That might have kept me up space ;) if Macker hadn't been so solid all day.

His back to back birdies on 7 and 8, the second poured in right on top of our opponent's for a half, were the winning of the match really.

Have to agree with you Fix, really liked the course and well worth a full outing next year.

Congrats again to Seve OB, great choice for captain, I think you should have an outing in Cork as a gesture of goodwill ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    I see "The big easy" was'nt only winning at tullamore yesterday, he won the big race at newmarket @ 10/1

Irish Rookie won at 40/1 as well, would've been a nice double ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

Irish Rookie won at 40/1 as well, would've been a nice double ;)
    . I see that, if only i had dropped into the bookies on route :rolleyes:.
    Kicked off the round with a solid par on the 1st to go 1up, however it was'nt long before my poor driving so much so that fixit felt obliged to explain to our opponents that he was not calling me tiger because of my long driving ability:(:pac: pulled down my game and i had to rely on fixit to keep us level up to the 6th.I managed to roll in a decent put on the 7th to keep us from going two down which i'll take the credit for turning the match:). after a quick talk to fixit on the 8th to club down (to allow for the adrenline) he quickly turned on the style with a great birdie and some magical play until we got to the 14th where he started to get flashbacks from last year and was eager to close out the match:eek:. with a little pep talk and assurance that my game was starting to come good:pac: we cruised on to the 16th where i had a 4 footer to end the game, now i,am not saying that i missed it intentionally but i was enjoying the match so much and opponents where such nice guys that maybe i did,nt give it the attention it required and pushed it. boy did i feel like a pumpkin when i was made put a one footer on the 17th for the half "nice guys":o. But the highlight of the day for me had to be fixit's face:pac::pac: when i decided to lay up from middle of 18th fairway 220 out with pitching wedge to 145ish to allow me finish in style with 8 iron which i semi bladed to back of green but managed to get it up and down even thought the putter felt more like a sledge hammer. Super day and class course hopefully seve will put it on the short list for next years courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lol :D

"Tiger you can be my wing man anytime"

Honestly - It wasn't your play - I just suddenly became aware I was calling you Tiger - I was just thinking - what were that lads thinking. This user name is confusion at the best of time - what the hell would lads think with someone calling someone Tiger in real life :D

One whispering to other He is calling him Tiger Woods :P

Anyway - thanks for getting my game together.

Great finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Lol :D

"Tiger you can be my wing man anytime"

Honestly - It wasn't your play - I just suddenly became aware I was calling you Tiger - I was just thinking - what were that lads thinking. This user name is confusion at the best of time - what the hell would lads think with someone calling someone Tiger in real life :D

One whispering to other He is calling him Tiger Woods :P

Anyway - thanks for getting my game together.

Great finish.

That post just popped this song in to my head. Few NSFW lyrics in there

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Can the 2 Ryder jug cork lads pm me please... ? Have 2 spots for has the weekend :-)

technodub wrote: »
    Can the 2 Ryder jug cork lads pm me please... ? Have 2 spots for has the weekend :-)

One word for old head STUNNING worth every penny great weather and amazing course. Cork lads ya missed a trick today. In other news the wind was unplayable ( for me with a high ball flight) cathal it might suit you pal ... worth every penny

I maybe a little typsy thats why i repeated myself !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

its so infrequent that you post here and now that you've won the jug, we can't get rid of you ;)

Picture looks class though. Must get down there for a game some time :D

Rikand wrote: »
    its so infrequent that you post here and now that you've won the jug, we can't get rid of you ;)

Picture looks class though. Must get down there for a game some time :D

well i shall be keeping my ear out for your fixtures next year and you guys should dobthe same we have a nice mix and could easily enjoy each others outings. I only posted that for the cork lads who really should have came to old head. Still stunned by the course. Class. Only had 18 pts though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

well i shall be keeping my ear out for your fixtures next year and you guys should dobthe same we have a nice mix and could easily enjoy each others outings. I only posted that for the cork lads who really should have came to old head. Still stunned by the course. Class. Only had 18 pts though :-(

Those cork lads are true loyal boardies, it would take a lot more that a round in old head to tempt them to the dark side:)

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Those cork lads are true loyal boardies, it would take a lot more that a round in old head to tempt them to the dark side:)

In fairness I'd give my first born :D

I'd score more than 18 too ;)

Best score was 28 points but id say 22 was the average :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Best score was 28 points but id say 22 was the average :eek:

All drained from last weekend so?!!!:D

• Advertisement

I think that hole in Old Head - is the best one I've played in the country.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    All drained from last weekend so?!!!:D
    I think that hole in Old Head - is the best one I've played in the country.

Drained of fluids from the night before ! Well most were...

Which hole fix? I could probably say at least 50% of the holes are absolutely stunning to the eye and spectacular golf holes. The other 9 are dam good too :D

Drained of fluids from the night before ! Well most were...

Which hole fix? I could probably say at least 50% of the holes are absolutely stunning to the eye and spectacular golf holes. The other 9 are dam good too :D

The photo one - I guess it is the first one you come to and go - I've never played anything like that. You are in a bit of shock that this is Ireland.

But your right there are 7/8 more holes like it.

In a strange sort of left wing view for a second - that place isn't sort of in Ireland at all - it is like a gated community.

The photo one - I guess it is the first one you come to and go - I've never played anything like that. You are in a bit of shock that this is Ireland.

But your right there are 7/8 more holes like it.

In a strange sort of left wing view for a second - that place isn't sort of in Ireland at all - it is like a gated community.

Sorry forgot about that photo. Its the 2nd hole an absolute beast into the wind! Ye it is funny the drive over to the course the roads are lined with campervans but once you go through the gate everything about the place is class!

Sorry forgot about that photo. Its the 2nd hole an absolute beast into the wind! Ye it is funny the drive over to the course the roads are lined with campervans but once you go through the gate everything about the place is class!

Was it not the 4th ?

http://oldhead.com/golf/tour-the-course/

• Advertisement

Ye looking at it now the second was a sharper dog leg. One thing that didnt change was the wind! Litterally in our faces all day. very few holes had a direct wind behind after the first!

Advertisement