Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Shuwaaah that's excellent to say you were out in an hour :o that's almost unheard of in the hospital I attend :D though a little frustrating about the ante natal classes alright. They did them over 2 days in my hospital.
    I found the classes informative, but there wasn't any more info given in them than you would get in a good book such as 'what to expect when you're expecting'. Maybe that's because they didn't do a tour of the labour ward, it may have been beneficial seeing where to go when the time came, as it was after I had my daughter i had no clue til I was leaving the hospital that there was a nursing room where you could go to feed/bathe baby :rolleyes:

Cocoemma sorry to hear about your hip, that sounds really painful :( hopefully it'll mend soon.
    That's brill that your scan went so well and you found out the sex, so exciting!!!

My baby is adamant that we're NOT going to find out if it is a girl or boy til the big day. The hospital did a quick scan last Monday and the Doctor tried her best to find out the sex, but due to the way baby was lying it was a no go.
    I had a 3D scan today and baby had his/her knee's close together and legs crossed at the ankles, no go there either!!
    We've decided it's a sign and we're not going to find out til he/she arrives.
    Well that's the official line anyway, but if I get a scan in my next appt. (not til March) and if the ultrasound scanner just happens to go down there, I will so be taking a peek :D
    I'm convinced it is a girl, but everyone else is telling me a boy. I guess only time will tell!

I was counting on finding out the sex today to help with picking a name, but I'm as confused as ever. I'm slightly panicked if it is a boy as I just have a complete blank on boy names. Was the same when I was pregnant last time, plenty of girls names but not one boy one!
    There's a tradition in both sides of our family of naming boys after another relative, but as a result there are 5 males in my husbands family over 3 generations with the same name and about the same on my side. Get's very confusing at family events when you call the name in question and 5 guys are looking at you :D so we're not going down that route.

Saggycaggy I wish I had your issue of too many names to narrow it down to! at this stage I'm just telling myself I'll see baby and a name will spring to mind. (fingers crossed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Cocoemma congrats on finding out. A little girl, oh pink everywhere!!

Himself was dying to find out today, I didn't want to know so we never asked but anyway we couldn't see again or maybe we could and there was no winky there!?! I wasn't paying too much attention as I was in awe at the little heart (as usual).
    Baby is measuring good and weight is about two and half pounds. Am finally in third trimester!!! Yeah!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

week 30 and 3 days in the Baby Factory House!!!!!!!!!

so that means 9 weeks and 4 days left

im SO done with being pregnant right now. I flew through it up until about a week ago.

Now I cant sleep, despite using a body pillow, pillows literally EVERYWHERE or else No pillows.. nothing works :rolleyes:

I have a pain in my pubic bone, hurts to stand up, sit down, get in or out of bed, brake-clutch-or accelerate.

And tiredness has returned with a lethal vengeance. The hours drive to and from work is not helping. but neither is my inability to walk without a waddle.

Ive also found im eating less, but more frequently? Im assuming the alien inside me is squishing EVERYTHING!

god i just wish it was over and i had my baby.. I dunno how im going to last 5 more weeks to maternity leave. Ive booked tomorrow and friday off as holidays cuz im just so sleepy.

please tell me its normal and its not JUST me.. if you are all suffering too i'll feel so much better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

It's not just you :D I'm 2 weeks behind you and if i don't get proper sleep soon i'll crack up. It's musical beds here atm trying to find one comfy enough to sleep in,have been moving the kids and all,lol. My own bed is grand ...if my partner wasn't in it :p,i'm apparently kicking him around all night and i find myself on the edge of the bed most nights. Can't walk for more than 10 mins without bad back pain,have indigestion 5/6 times a day,etc etc!

angelll wrote: »
    It's not just you :D I'm 2 weeks behind you and if i don't get proper sleep soon i'll crack up. It's musical beds here atm trying to find one comfy enough to sleep in,have been moving the kids and all,lol. My own bed is grand ...if my partner wasn't in it :p,i'm apparently kicking him around all night and i find myself on the edge of the bed most nights. Can't walk for more than 10 mins without bad back pain,have indigestion 5/6 times a day,etc etc!

oh godddddddd the indigestion is unreal. Do you only have to look at food and you get it now too?? :o

My sleeping (or lack of it), is so bad, that my OH moved to the spare room about 2 weeks ago.. not that it helps me, but at least one of use gets some sleep :rolleyes:

Strange how no one even passes on these bits of info when you get preggers first.. its all "you will be glowing" (eh yeah, from the puking!), "your hair will be so shiny" (and you will grow it in places you didnt think possible), "oh you can eat like a horse with no excuses" (yeah, but you cant go to the toilet!!)

What a bed of roses :D

Just as well this pregnancy game has a big prize at the end or im not sure i'd partake EVER again haha :D

• Advertisement

Aw ladies, sounds like ye are having a crap time of it with the sleep :( I really hope I've managed to bypass that bit rather than having it yet to experience.

When I was pregnant last I used to wake several times during the night between back/leg/hair cramps :rolleyes: or upteen trips to the loo. Touch wood I've been avoiding that so far.

I know the feeling with the indigestion though. I was really late getting to lunch today and thought my throat was full of acid. Lesson to self - DO NOT leave it so long between meals again!

Did anyone watch 'One born every minute' tonight? omg proper snots/runny mascara bawling here watching it. The first lady I though was quite negative about things & it was the first time I got pangs of nerves about the impending labour bit of things.
    However the second lady was just so lovely, she even had the midwives in tears! It just brought it all home how much it really is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Hey all, am just popping in here again after a loooong break. It's gas, with the wee fella I was devouring books, stuck to boards and investigating every niggle and pain; this time I have to check an app on my phone to remember what week I am and I forgot to go to the doctor this month!

Anyway, I've just hit the 3rd trimester (thanks 'what to expect' app!) and am dreading the heartburn worsening and the tiredness returning.
    Strange how no one even passes on these bits of info when you get preggers first.. its all "you will be glowing" (eh yeah, from the puking!), "your hair will be so shiny" (and you will grow it in places you didnt think possible), "oh you can eat like a horse with no excuses" (yeah, but you cant go to the toilet!!)

I'm the opposite - my leg hair has STOPPED growing! Has this happened anyone else? It's really weird and not much use to me as I'm not likely to be stepping out in a mini any time soon:D

I know the feeling with the indigestion though. I was really late getting to lunch today and thought my throat was full of acid. Lesson to self - DO NOT leave it so long between meals again!

+1, mine is the worst when I leave it so long. Mind you, it's bad when I do eat too:rolleyes:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

25 Weeks today! Baby is the size of a turnip*, uterus is the size of a football.

How's everybody doing? I'm feeling great.

*but way better looking, naturally!

I'm the opposite - my leg hair has STOPPED growing! Has this happened anyone else? It's really weird and not much use to me as I'm not likely to be stepping out in a mini any time soon:D

My eyebrows aren't growing. And I have a voucher for threading that needs to be used by 6th Feb, typical.. On the other hand my hair is now like a lions. Has gotten so long and thick pity it isn't sleek and shiny, it's full and frizzy. :o

well ladies.. did we have a nice weekend??

Quick question... anyone suffering with twitchy frickin legs?? Ive not slept in two day because of a combination of twitchy legs and i just cant get comfy :mad: like a zombie in work today and my eyes are out on stalks!!

• Advertisement

well ladies.. did we have a nice weekend??

Quick question... anyone suffering with twitchy frickin legs?? Ive not slept in two day because of a combination of twitchy legs and i just cant get comfy :mad: like a zombie in work today and my eyes are out on stalks!!

OMG I get that sometimes. I find if you lie down with your back against head board and look at your feet, move them towards yourself n away a couple of times and circle them before bed it doesn't seem to happen. Its a move we do in yoga class and I just tried it one night when my legs were going mad. Hope it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I havn't been suffering from twitchy legs but I have been getting cramps in my legs and feet during the night and sometimes they have been so so painful!! It's horrible been woken up to it during the night!

Also my ears has been blocked loads and drops don't seem to be helping-seemingly its common during pregnancy with a build up of fluid (nice!), I'm putting everything down to pregnancy at this stage!!

I seem to be (so far, touch wood and not wanting to jinx myself!) be getting away without too many symptoms this time. (awaits onset of all symptoms at once now that I've said that :D)
    Last time I had that horrible sensation in my legs when I was sleeping, it was so bad it kept waking me up.

The only slightly weird symptom I have is pain when baby moves around.
    I think because on my last pregnancy, my daughter was a really vigorous kicker from about 20 weeks and moved so much all around my tum.
    This little person seems to be much more chillaxed and only ventures out of the breech position the very odd time.
    Because I'm much further on this time before baby started moving up higher in my tum, this baba is bigger than a baby at 20 weeks, it actually hurts when the baby moves around!
    Hopefully baby will get that bit more adventurous with moving around in there and my tum will in turn stretch to give baba more room :)

I am feeling more tired these days definitely, anyone else getting that yet? or are ye getting a lot/much movement from your babies yet?

i am 100% ready for the nearest knackers yard!!

The tiredness is murder.. but thankfully only 23 more working days. its the 13 hr days that are murdering me (incl travel to and from, an hr each way)

Im 31+2 today..and the babies movement is so intense i feel like every time i kicks i can feel it around the entrance to my vagina.. maybe im imagining it.. but it can actually make me jump when im sitting at my desk..
    I hope thats a good sign that everything will be all over soon :D

I keep having days of "oh my god im soooooooooo excited" then other days like yesterday where im litterally on tender hooks all day cuz im so nervous!!!

Not nervous of "having a baby and being a mum", just nervous of "HAVING to have the baby and not knowing what to expect"!!

My head will be well fried by April 1st

When are you due Caprilicious

Static I could have written that post myself some days! It must be tough going the travel in your job, I bet you can't wait to finish up in work!

I get that feeling in the nether regions too, it can be feckin uncomfortable too!
    I think it's because last time my placenta was covering the birth canal until the last few weeks, so my bladder and everything lower was well padded.
    This time the placenta is where it should be at the front so baby has full access to my very delicate bladder and takes full advantage of being able to get a few kicks in at it :D

I'm due April 19th, can not come quick enough! I just keep focusing on the bits after the labour.
    I was so nervous last time at the unknown element of labour, but it passes in such a fast blur thankfully I'm not as nervous of it now!

I just keep focusing on the bits after the labour.
    I was so nervous last time at the unknown element of labour, but it passes in such a fast blur thankfully I'm not as nervous of it now!

Its very good to hear that :D

So it prob means that my placenta's in the correct place if I can feel the kicks in my front bum :P

Sometimes i get so hard a kick i leak a little wee too :rolleyes:

c'monnnnnnnnnn april 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi Ladies,

I keep popping in and out.. I've read all the posts from last week and I am agreeing with all ya'll .. I'm getting restless leg (most awful uncomfortable), ligament pain, had panic attack the other night drviing home from work thinking i could get pre-clampsia and end up in hospital for MONTHS.. and last night along with EVERYTHING else I woke up three or four times with leg cramps.. luckliy I knew what they were and I could prevent it before it got worse then conk out.. the O/H has no idea what was happening :P .. Urghh I'm enjoying the pregnancy don't get me wrong and I'm just getting on with the very uncomfortable moments because there not THAT bad just annoying and I can't wait to be back to myself.. I'm three weeks away from the third trimester and I'm now at the last leg of it.. fingers crossed it'll be okay but I know the worst is yet to come i.e the baby is going to get bigger and kick harder.. ahhh..roll on May :D

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

What date are you due Cocoemma?? I'm 27 weeks on Friday-is it 28week for the third trimester?? I worked out I've 11weeks left at work, thats kinda scary and nobody orgainsed for cover yet-they can be a bit too laid back here!

Anyone feeling the tiredness again?? I'm absolutley exhausted in the afternoons and I usually fall asleep on the bus on the way home from work! I took Monday off work to relax and start reading my Hypnobirth book but I did a bit of housework and then put on the CD to listen to it but I conked and slept through the whole thing!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hello all!

Had my glucose tolerance test this morning. Last week the clinic rang and put me on iron tablets, but I was expecting that - the wimmin in our family are prone to that.

Baby is kicking loads now and I love it. A little bit of back ache and underbelly ache in the evenings but nothing I cant handle for now.

Time is flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Hey all. Havent been on here in a while and just read all the posts to bring me up to speed. to be honest having the same problems as everyone else. I'm currently at 29+3. I had hosp appointment last week my 3rd one and mentioned a scan as have only had one with the hosp. (had private 3d also). They told me i wont get another unless they are concerned. Glad now i had my 3d scan but a little dissapointed wont get to see my lil woman for another 10 weeks (74 days)

Glad to hear everyone is keeping pretty well. Well as good as can be expected. I'm also sooooooo tired and cannot get a good nights sleep. My ribs are very sore on the left side and my back so was advised to take paracetamol (doesnt help and makes me feel sick, so just using hot water bottles). Also felling very stressed by times and just want to cry. (bawled my eyes out in car on way home from work last week after streesful day) My gp certified me off work for a week to take a rest. Between tiredness/lack of sleep, rib pain, back pain, constipation and worry about impending labour i've just crashed . On the plus side pretty much have everything sorted for baba's arrival so at least not having to worry about that.

• Advertisement

32+4 today. and holy god ive hit the wall and crashed too. Two more weeks of work till im on maternity leave, and i really dont know how im going to do it.

i also have the tiredness/lack of sleep, rib pain, back pain, and worry about impending labour Succee, and its not nice :mad: i just hope to god im blowing the hole part of labour completely out of proportion in my own head and that it will be alright on the night ;)

Babies kicks are making me just in my seat they are so strong, and last night the little feck actually nearly make me cry i got such a kick in the ribs!!! I think it was the shock aswell as the WTF just happened. It was very unexpected. I never realised they could get so intense.

And Had the worst day EVER in work yesterday, big row with my boss (I did win tho, he was totally in the wrong).. then I cried going home cuz I heard some soppy bullsh1t story on the radio..then got the one and only calf cramp i have ever had in my life and i swear it was excrutiating!! THAT was pain i had NEVER experienced before.. and me like a dipsh1t sitting on the couch going owch owwwwch, flexin toes, making it worse when all i had to do was get up and walk on it :rolleyes: God such a drama queen...No one would believe i was due to give birth in 7 weeks the way i got so panicked about my "frozen Calf thats gunna stay like this forever" hahahah looking back im sure himself found it frickin priceless...:rolleyes:

But apart from that its all just wunnnnnerful hahahahahaha

Neyite: I had that test, most borrrriiiinnngggg day EVER!!!! at least its done now tho :D

Saggycaggy: in my house pregnancy makes ya allergic to housework (and it works too), did you not get the memo from the stork??? :D

anywho, im sure ive bored you all long enough, but thanks for listening.. my rants on here do really help, believe it or not!! Its like free Therapy :D and god knows i need it :rolleyes:

Babies kicks are making me just in my seat they are so strong, and last night the little feck actually nearly make me cry i got such a kick in the ribs!!! I think it was the shock aswell as the WTF just happened. It was very unexpected. I never realised they could get so intense.

I was the same in work today, I got such a strong kick from baby it doubled me over! this baby has gone from teeny barely noticeable kicks to full blown kung fu kicks :D

Same goes for the calf pains, I'm more concerned about the pain of the piles I have than the labour itself! :o I'm getting ridiculously concerned about them getting 10 time's worse after the labour so going to have a chat with my doc about them tomorrow. (can't wait :rolleyes:)

Succee, sound's like you're having a rotten week :( good idea of your doc to write you off for the week to relax. were you able to get much rest?

I was disappointed too at the huge gap between scans, Jan 16th was my last hospital one & March 13th is my next appt & I'm still not even sure if I'll get a scan then. That's why I got the 3d scan too.

Saggycaggy I just thought about how long I have left at work when I was there today, 8 week woop! Can not wait to get finished up & start the count down to baba's arrival!
    Hopefully your hand over won't be too stressful to your replacement when they get one organised.
    They didn't get a replacement for me til a week or two before I left and it was so stressful trying to do a proper handover when I was so tired!
    Thankfully I'm getting to train my replacement in this time much sooner so less stress :)

Neyite time really is flying isn't it?! Glad to hear the GTT went well :)

Cocoemma, I'm the same, I'm enjoying most of the pregnancy - but I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to being me again :)

Last time I found it so tough getting used to not being able to do things (lifting heavy stuff/running around the place). I'm finally accepting my limitations this time. Well that was after pushing myself too much with my epic housework/gardening spell earlier in the week :o Only took me one previous pregnancy & 7 months of this one to realise I can't do the things I used to pre-pregnancy :o:D

Hi ladies, have been reading but not posting lately!
    Anyway hope you are well. Im feeling pretty good myself (don't want to jinx it) Suffered with SPD for a bit and get the odd twinge in bed but nothing I can't cope with.
    Only 9 more weeks now!! I cannot wait. I have packed my hospital bags this morning, just have a few little bits left to put in when I need to.. like charger, hairbrush etc.
    Have my yoga tonight and its the last class in the set so I dont know if Ill continue with it as it will be up to 37/38 weeks?? What you girls think?

Yikes, yis are all so organised! I've 13 weeks to go and just got the cot.:o
    Hopefully at the weekend we will collect the baby stuff that family have offered and we can see then what we need and what we dont. Then make a list and start shopping.

I also plan to start getting the lists finalised for bags for hospital, my labour bag, his labour bag and spare stuff in a separate location that he can bring in if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Hi ladies, have been reading but not posting lately!
    Anyway hope you are well. Im feeling pretty good myself (don't want to jinx it) Suffered with SPD for a bit and get the odd twinge in bed but nothing I can't cope with.
    Only 9 more weeks now!! I cannot wait. I have packed my hospital bags this morning, just have a few little bits left to put in when I need to.. like charger, hairbrush etc.
    Have my yoga tonight and its the last class in the set so I dont know if Ill continue with it as it will be up to 37/38 weeks?? What you girls think?

Ah I really need to get the finger out and sort out the hospital bag. Was 30 weeks yesterday and I've gotten this thing into my head that I need to get hospital bag and babys room sorted NOW and the house has to be kept pristine at all times in case I go early (even though if I went this early, the state of the house would be the least of my worries) :rolleyes: 10 weeks left, feels so near and so far all at once!

Had my 30 week check up yesterday and the doctor thought the babys head was very low down and that the head felt a bit small. He said it's very hard to tell on 'a lady as tall and as broad as myself' (lol) and that he could be wrong, but that he wanted to send me in for a scan to be on the safe side. I had an appointment booked for 32 weeks in the hospital anyway but he rang them and is getting them to see me this Monday instead.
    The heartbeat is strong and the kicks are stronger and more frequent than ever, deep down I know babs is thriving and I'm not really worried but at the same time I can't wait for monday to be over. I guess I just think its odd that up till now I was always told I was measuring a week or two weeks ahead, and all of a sudden to be told babs might be small is a bit disconcerting. I know everythings fine deep down but I'm still thinking about it. Roll on Monday so I can have some peace of mind!

Hope everyone else is doing well, especially those of ye still working!

Ah Shuwaaah that's frustrating having that to stress over, at least you are able to get a scan so soon & a bit of reassurance too.

I think they can often get the sizes quite wrong though if it's any consolation. I know a girl who was about 5'8 & quite broad, her partner was also tall/broad & the doctors had her scared towards the end saying baby would be very big.
    She gave birth to a 7lb odd baby when the time came.
    So hopefully the reverse is the case with you, that baby is bigger than doctor guessed x

Cadyboo sorry to hear about the SPD, do you find the yoga give's you much relief from it? If it does then I'd definitely keep up the yoga til the end.

Ah Shuwaaah that's frustrating having that to stress over, at least you are able to get a scan so soon & a bit of reassurance too.

I think they can often get the sizes quite wrong though if it's any consolation. I know a girl who was about 5'8 & quite broad, her partner was also tall/broad & the doctors had her scared towards the end saying baby would be very big.
    She gave birth to a 7lb odd baby when the time came.
    So hopefully the reverse is the case with you, that baby is bigger than doctor guessed x

Cadyboo sorry to hear about the SPD, do you find the yoga give's you much relief from it? If it does then I'd definitely keep up the yoga til the end.

@Shuwaaah try not to worry. Everything will probably be fine on Monday. I wouldn't trust their opinion on just touch alone and if you can feel the smally then thats all that matters. Let us know how it goes anyway. I have my appointment on Monday too so will check in for updates! And I was like that too today about getting things done NOW but then I made tea and had biscuits and that was the end of that. Bag packing took enough out of me.

I honestly don't know if it helps me or not with SPD, ha. But I do know that it is relaxing me and teaching breathing so I told the girl Id keep it up and see how I go. She is a midwife so answers all our questions too which is very handy!

@Neyite everything will fall into place so don't panic about not having things. I packed my bags as a friend of ours went about 8 weeks early before xmas and her husband had to go out and buy everything for her!! Id prob end up with god knows what if my fella had to do for me. :D So better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

I had my growth scan yesterday @31 weeks. Bbay is 4lbs,7oz already and look like he'll be another 9lb'er at least :eek: My second little fella was 9lb,5oz and she said at the scan he'll be the same. Head is down tg and facing inward,which never happened for me before,my other 2 faced outward and labour was v painful,it's supposed to be a bit easier when they face the other way so fingers crossed he doesn't move :)
    Shuwaaah best of luck at the scan x
    I've nothing packed at all,must wash what we bought and get it ready,have to buy a moses basket too...

hey ladies.. great to hear everyones doing so well. Ive a little over 6 weeks left. and im in agony. been off work the last two days with SPD. Came in today, and my boss reckons i should start my maternity leave now, and get a cert from my doc to cover the last two weeks.
    Im in too minds about it. the 2 weeks wages i should be getting are alot to loose when my OH has no work at all. The stress of it all is doing my frickin nut in!
    I just want it all to be over, ive really had enough now
    Have most of my hosp bag packed, but thats about all. its hard to get motivated when i can even put my own knickers on without help :(

• Advertisement

Inspired by the rest of ye being much more organised than me I got a quiet few minutes in work today & typed up the list of stuff I need to pack for my hospital bag :)

I have about 90% of the stuff, some I need to get down from the attic (job for the husband for the weekend :) )

staticdoor71 sorry to hear your SPD has flared up :( that is stressful too about work. Have you any holidays accumulated in work that you could use prior to your maternity leave so you'd at least get the value of a full weeks wage rather than the lower maternity benefit payment?

Or could you ask your employer if you could use some of the holiday time that you will accumulate on your maternity leave?

Worst case scenario if you do need to take the time off, try not to feel bad about it. It's important to rest yourself as much as possible while you can.
    It can be so much more strenuous feeling so poorly when you're already heavily pregnant and tired. I hope you get some relief from it very soon.

Angell that is a fine size for baby :eek: I had my scan at 28 weeks & baby was measuring just over 2lb, I thought that felt big :o

I'm happy out, I seen a good deal on a double buggy from an online baby store. It was an older version of a current model so they were selling it off at a really good price (brand new & cheaper than I'd seen them being sold for second hand over here).
    I put through the order for it last night (well a deposit anyway) but received a mail from them to say unfortunately that one was sold. However as a gesture of goodwill they are offering me the newer model at only £15 more than the older model & with a discount of £100 on the new model :pac:

I always seem to miss out on bargains so delighted this one didn't pass me :)

Hope ye are all keeping well, is it just me or are the weeks just flying by? Not that I'm complaining!! :D

Advertisement