Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Trisula; maybe actually use able now. That YRC buff seems pretty nutty, I'll have to experiment with it now.

Woo, lvl 1 5P. I have no idea what this means :P 2scrub4GG

I still miss vacuum on 2S :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

Naphiel wrote: »
    She got nothing but buffs and they all got nerfed. Characters like Ky will still be trouble but at least there'll be less knockdown to death from Zato/Millia/Ram.

Yeah, after reading the full change list, it seems like a lot of matchups are more favorable for her now. Ram seems to have been hit pretty hard, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Grand Viper: Number of mashing input decreased.

Thank Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MysteriousDrD

Anyone got any tips for someone who's looking to pick up May (bearing in mind her changes)?

Anyone got any tips for someone who's looking to pick up May (bearing in mind her changes)?

I know in Xrd she can be played rushdown, but I've always played a spacing/zoning game with her, so that's all I know how to talk about.
    She's pretty easy to pick up, you just need to be patient during the match. Poking with 5P and 5K are good, they all lead to ok damage and oki. Zoning people with beach balls and hoops is really good too. You can control a lot of the screen and build nice meter with them.
    Damagewise, she's really dependent on meter. Her meterless bnbs can be extended into great damage and oki for 50 meter. Landing 2D>S Horizontal Dolphin is important, since without meter you get good positioning and oki and with meter you can really hurt them and get massive corner carry.
    Starting out, it's mostly just important to learn when you can sneak in a quick 5K poke and finding the spaces where you can safely get out Ball and Hoop. Once you learn how to control the pace of the match, May becomes really hard to beat.
    Her main problem is her pretty lacking wake up options. She has no reliable reversal, but her backdash is alright. I'm not sure if her command throw is invul in this game, actually, but if it is, that can get you out of a tight spot if timed well. Either way, it's really important to be patient when you're under pressure with May, just find gaps that you can poke out of and get control back.
    In terms of her changes, she won't play much differently. Hop on Dolphin might be a quick escape now, and I think the new hoop will help her pressure game a lot, but I can't be sure until I toy around with it myself.
    I'm not sure how much use any of this is to you, since I've been picking her up my own way since the first game, but if I think of anything else useful I'll let you know. But yeah, the basics are just set up spacing, get meter, hurt people. Have fun if you do decide to pick her up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Didn't you say the Nesica cabs have the option?
    Nesica has the option of switching buttons in Xrd, P4U and BBCP, but there are only 3 presets you can choose from - each preset sort of matching up with each of the games. That way if you're an Xrd player you can set your buttons to be like Xrd when you play P4U and BBCP.

You can't outright button map, and I don't actually know what the layouts are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

€17 at the moment on the US PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

I don't think anyone has posted about this, so I just thought I'd mention that someone has put together a GG Xrd frame data app. It's early days yet, so it has its problems, but there's still a lot of good information in there.

Search "Gunframe" on the Google or Amazon app stores. Unfortunately, the developer has said they have no plans for an ios version, as they don't know how to program for that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Anyone know where's the best place to get this on PS3 at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Digital Hong Kong copy is the cheapeast and all the voice and menus are in English.

Someone posted a guide in this thread for setting up a HK account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

I am so tempted to get the game but decided i will wait as i am sure they will do another version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Surely it'll be released in Europe at some stage? Raging I missed the US PSN sale by about an hour... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

rickyjb wrote: »
    Surely it'll be released in Europe at some stage? Raging I missed the US PSN sale by about an hour... :mad:

is it much hassle to set up a US account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Setting up foreign PSN accounts is fairly straightforward but I understand giving instructions on here is frowned upon now but you shouldn't have any trouble finding instructions via the old google.

Waiting for European releases of Arc stuff is a fools game, get in early if you're interested, by the time anything hits Europe the sequel will already be out elsewhere. At least that's how it's always been, wouldn't bet on it changing although BCCP did get a digital release here it a much less absurd timeframe than we're used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

US PSN account is also a good idea if you're into PS1 classics, as their releases are 60Hz instead of the PAL 50Hz.

... we should probably stop talking about this topic now though :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yes indeed you should :)

Videos the from Hypespotting 4 Community Tournament. Both myself and Scavenger got 2-0'd at this unfortunately, the only match featuring Irish players to show at this was me (with my handle spelt wrong, lol) vs the TO, Corro, who placed 4th.

The 1.1 patch is on consoles now, at least on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Really liking a lot of changes in the 1.1 patch, especially for Leo and Slayer.

Main changes I'm noticing for Leo are the fireball buffs, no bursting air ender and increased hit advantage of the move and his new gatlings. S fireball is now a really good option. Good durability and can't be low profiled. Leo has never had an issue with anti-airs, so this buff just does good things for his neutral.

His air ender is really nice now. Its now +3 on hit and since stance.k is 5F you're no longer facing a really poor risk reward scenario against characters like Sol. It also can't be burst on hit and stance D being a great option against bursts allows Leo to work with his momentum a lot better now.

New gatlings just nice all around. Damage increase and improved reliability of confirms here and there. A lot more solid of a character now, now long IAD j.k man.

Slayer starting to look like his old self again finally. Improved some of his hitboxes, fixed the silly ass air tech glitch that meant he didn't get invul, changed dash jump momentum and pilebunker buffs. He's a lot of fun, though I haven't really had the chance to mess around with him too much because of exams.

Haven't really tried out Millia or Sol, mostly seem the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I assume there's no chance they gave I-No a regular dash and not the Morrigan dash/jump thing?

• Advertisement

Still has the same dash. Character would be garbage without it.

wonder if this will help much for the EU scene. Obviously some casual fans of GG will get it, but I'd say most hardcore fans got the JP, US or HK digitial versions already.

Ease of accessibility is always a plus. Its not going to dramatically increase numbers anywhere but GG has a decent turnout as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I wonder who the mystery character is.

Non-trap Bridget?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Europe gets a download-only release, and within a week, an update to the game is announced. What a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Even aside from Europe, it seems kinda weird to announce a 'sequel' so hot on the heels of 1.1.

I really hope they include more than 2 characters + Xrd DLC before shipping as a $60 game, then announcing another wave of DLC.

I hope, but do not expect much else.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens/ggxrd-revelator-loketest1.htm

Some recorded matches of Johnny and Jack-O from the loketest for those who haven't seen it.

And you're right Niall, Jack-O's outro pose is cringeworthy.

• Advertisement

http://webm.land/media/aTpK.webm

He's still got it. Pretty rude but I love it.

Advertisement