Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is there any main brand of car you simply won't buy?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Yes, I think each of those has a bit more character than the Auris, Koreans, Astra and other "it's just a car" cars.

Guess what, they don't! I guess there's no point explaining that to someone who can't past the badge on the bonnet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yes, I think each of those has a bit more character than the Auris, Koreans, Astra and other "it's just a car" cars.

coming from someone who has test driven a lot of those earlier this year, i found the astra j to have the best driving character, which is why we bought it :pac:. a dark horse it is though, nobody every considers them.

it was on a whole other level to the likes of a golf mk6 or a3 in terms of being a pleasant place to be in, i mean people call the japs boring but to sit inside and mk6 golf is dicing with boredom induced death.

test drove kia pro ceed and it was nice, certainly no worse than a giulietta in terms of a place to be in if we are talking fit and finish. genuinely. it may no have the pedigree of the alfa but if you were given say 2 seats side by side or two door cards side by side not knowing what cars they were removed from you would struggle to call which was korean and which was italian.

i don't really enjoy most european cars so i think i can judge them on a pretty unbiased level.

what am i trying to say? i'm not sure. its like comparing a granny smith and a braeburn. one is red and one is green but they are both apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I guess there's no point explaining that to someone who can't past the badge on the bonnet though.

You're not fooling me, I've actually driven an Auris.

If there is a more soulless machine on the planet, I don't want to drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Guess what, they don't! I guess there's no point explaining that to someone who can't past the badge on the bonnet though.
    This coming from a guy who writes off a handful of marques only a few posts ago!

Advertisement