Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer products that you are glad you missed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Not really a consumer product but a service for me, lads in work get their shirts laundered for them, 5 shirts in being cleaned will get picked up on Friday and this weeks shirts handed in.

I find it oddly relaxing ironing my shirts watching whatever game is on tv on the Sunday night, probably helps that I can fly through the ironing whilst getting them done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Anything with an i in front of it. Dont know how people can justify spending so much on stuff that has cheaper alternatives that are just as good. "But my MacBook Pro is loike, beautiful. Look at the colours!". "What do you use it for?" "Mostly Facebook and email".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Akrasia wrote: »
    So looking back at my own family photo album. Pictures of my granny - rubbush
    pictures of my parents as kids, rubbish
    pictures of me as a baby, better but still rubbish
    pictures of me in secondary school - quite good actually
    pictures of me in College - sharp as a pin
    Pictures of my first child - beautiful, high resolution
    Pictures of my 3rd child - mostly rubbish again, low res dark and blurry.
    Pretty much the trajectory alright. Though in my family add in a few male rellies rocking Leica's and Nikon's and the 50/60/70's stuff is often higher quality than the 80's 90's stuff and way higher than standard 50/60/70's stuff. Again all down to the lenses, just like today. The cheap point and click instamatic yoke of the 70's was using the same 35mm film stock as the Pentax SLR, but with very different results.

To be fair though, today the camera phones are much closer in quality to standalone cameras at least for the purpose 90% of people use a camera. Who needs a Hasselblad to take pics of your drunken mates gurning in a pub. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

BMW.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah, no television is fine. Still need a dishwasher :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

JOSman wrote: »
    Ran my minidisc last night, still sounded great. Just a flop from Sony.
    Wasn't that their own fault though?

They wouldn't allow any other record companies release on it or something like that?

I found an old Morcheeba Minidisc last week :eek:

I actually paid for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

6541 wrote: »
    I like you missed this, but it is one not to be proud of as debt forgiveness is on the way. So you could have had many houses and now they are just going to wipe the slate clean !!! Not a good one to have missed out on !

If (and it is a huge if) there's ever debt forgiveness there's not a chance in hell you'll be allowed to hold on to multiple properties. That is total pie in the sky thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Ush1 wrote: »
    Dishwasher is always a much cleaner than hand washed. The temperature is generally higher.
    Often in my mother's house, the dishes aren't clean. The high temperature just bakes the dirt onto the utensils. Hand washing is much more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Analogue mobile phones. 088.
    Look it up kids!

Ahhh, Esat Dodgyphone, great craic altogether. And I had one of those brick phones too with the pull up antenna. I remember I could pick up phonecalls from 088 phones on my radio scanner mainly from the Donegal area for some reason. I could write a book with what I heard.

I remember a version of the Google glasses that was brought out in the States about 15 years ago. A small screen was fitted inside a pair of sunglasses and you had to hook a TV receiver to your belt. I think there was about 12 or 13 people killed walking into traffic or falling down steps before they pulled it off the market. Still, I'll give the Googly yolks a miss too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

No microwave, no dishwasher, no rampant rabbit, no fun....kill me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The pet rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Plazaman wrote: »
    Ahhh, Esat Dodgyphone, great craic altogether. And I had one of those brick phones too with the pull up antenna. I remember I could pick up phonecalls from 088 phones on my radio scanner mainly from the Donegal area for some reason. I could write a book with what I heard.

I thought eircell was the old 088 analog before going digital on 087 and that esat was 086. Or is my brain fried by all these wireless signals.

Advertisement