Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

How's everyone doing this week? Any symptoms or woes?

I'm still a bit sore and crampy, feels like a UTI but I've got checked and it isn't one, appears from research it's ligament pains and I'm in with the midwife tomorrow so I'll double check!

Apart from that luckily feeling good, in with the consultant and midwife in Rotunda tomorrow so will have to get my bloods and blood pressure done, hope all turns out well and looking forward to another quick scan so we can see the little man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

29 weeks today and still feeling pretty good. Although I am finding it a bit more difficult to get comfy in bed. I have a little wedge shaped pillow which helps a bit but I am only ever really comfortable on my back and that starts to hurt after a while!

Does anyone else feel huuuuuuge! Here's a fun test I picked up on another forum, get a roll of loo roll and wrap it round your belly at the biggest point... how many sheets? I was nine on Friday but I reckon I've progressed to ten over the weekend!

ncmc wrote: »
    29 weeks today and still feeling pretty good. Although I am finding it a bit more difficult to get comfy in bed. I have a little wedge shaped pillow which helps a bit but I am only ever really comfortable on my back and that starts to hurt after a while!

Does anyone else feel huuuuuuge! Here's a fun test I picked up on another forum, get a roll of loo roll and wrap it round your belly at the biggest point... how many sheets? I was nine on Friday but I reckon I've progressed to ten over the weekend!

Oh god I'd prob be too embarassed to say how many sheets I've got through!:o Will try it though!!

I've been sleeping badly for a month or so with SPD but I figure it's good training for when he arrives:D Delighted you're still feeling good at 29 weeks, the longer we can feel ourselves the better!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Oh god I'd prob be too embarassed to say how many sheets I've got through!:o Will try it though!!

I've been sleeping badly for a month or so with SPD but I figure it's good training for when he arrives:D Delighted you're still feeling good at 29 weeks, the longer we can feel ourselves the better!
    What exactly is SPD? I've heard a lot of people say they are suffering with it. I've had a bit of groin pain, but it feels more muscular than anything. Thankfully it's not too bad and I actually find walking helps. I'm trying to keep as active as possible, though there are days I just don't want to get out of bed!

ncmc wrote: »
    What exactly is SPD? I've heard a lot of people say they are suffering with it. I've had a bit of groin pain, but it feels more muscular than anything. Thankfully it's not too bad and I actually find walking helps. I'm trying to keep as active as possible, though there are days I just don't want to get out of bed!

It's pelvis problems which effect 1 in 8 caused by the hormones released during pregnancy to relax your muscles and pelvis for childbirth, they can be a bugger my leg muscles cramp awfully at night from being still and my groin is really sore a lot of the time like someone's given me an awful kick, can be sore to lift my legs sometimes and snuggle time has to accommodate I can't have any weight on my pelvis at all anymore!

Some people have it a lot worse so I keep as active as I can and find I'm ok but night time once I'm still is the worst!

• Advertisement

It's pelvis problems which effect 1 in 8 caused by the hormones released during pregnancy to relax your muscles and pelvis for childbirth, they can be a bugger my leg muscles cramp awfully at night from being still and my groin is really sore a lot of the time like someone's given me an awful kick, can be sore to lift my legs sometimes and snuggle time has to accommodate I can't have any weight on my pelvis at all anymore!

Some people have it a lot worse so I keep as active as I can and find I'm ok but night time once I'm still is the worst!
    Oh that sounds awful. Must be a nightmare to get comfy in bed. I think this is the babies way of preparing us for the sleepless nights ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Can I join in? I'm 29 weeks since yesterday, I have a decent bump now (8 sheets of toilet roll - love that ncmc!) - my family all think I am huge but friends and strangers say I'm neat! I'm not sure if my family are just too used to seeing me with a flat stomach or if they're the only ones being honest!!!

Apart from the tiredness and aches and pains I'm really enjoying this stage. Up to 20 weeks I had an awful time of it so things have been great the last couple of months - long may it last! I've been STARVING the last 2 days. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I'm 29+1 and 9 sheets of toilet roll haha!
    Really suffering with spd some days, it's horrible especially when I'm on my feet all day.
    Have an appointment in rotunda (public) next week, anyone know if I get a mini scan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    I'm 29+1 and 9 sheets of toilet roll haha!
    Really suffering with spd some days, it's horrible especially when I'm on my feet all day.
    Have an appointment in rotunda (public) next week, anyone know if I get a mini scan?

Depends if it's with the midwives or the consultants... if it's consultant you'll get mini scan definitely, not sure about midwives...

I'm in next Monday for my 36 week check :D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

29 weeks tomorrow and 9 sheets of loo roll, which I am going to use to blow my ever flowing nose with now.. Lol

• Advertisement

Aw I really hope I get another mini scan! I've no idea if my app is with midwife or consultant ! I must look at the letter!

So it sounds like I'm 1 sheet of toilet paper behind the average - maybe I'm going through a growth spurt at the moment and that is the reason for the sudden hunger. I woke at 4am this morning and had to get up and have a little cereal! I've never experienced anything like this before!

So it sounds like I'm 1 sheet of toilet paper behind the average - maybe I'm going through a growth spurt at the moment and that is the reason for the sudden hunger. I woke at 4am this morning and had to get up and have a little cereal! I've never experienced anything like this before!

Cornflakes are my new best friend.. And little oranges...

Wouldn't worry about the sheet of toilet roll, maybe your sheets are bigger than ours lol.. I'm surprised I was 9, I've lost four pounds this week , have to try gain some of that back now.. Hopefully this cold will be gone soon... Now pass over some of that tissue!

Fair play to you for the middle of the night cereal, I'm loving cereal at the moment too with loads of ice cold milk, yum!

Hey January, yep the scan will depend on who you're seeing I think, I've gotten scans every time I've seen the consultant or doctor (I'm semi private) but if I've just nipped into the midwife they don't have scanners in the room!

Hope you get one though, we're in with the consultant tonight and I always feel reassured and so much calmer when we see the little man in good form!

Trying to write my lists of things for midwife to ask, one of my feet is always more swollen than the other so I need to ask her about that, I know that can be normal but can also indicate a clot and she had said from my blood test results ages so my platelets were just a couple of points over normal, nothing to worry about but meant I was ever so slightly more lightly to clot!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Had my GTT today.. not as awful as I'd thought it would be. Popped into Penneys during one of the hour waits and bought a few super cute baby gros. We're having a girl but I'm not a pink person so i've been buying mostly neutral colours which Penneys had great range of :) Had scan too and babys almost 3lbs! Makes sense as the kicks have gotten so strong recently.

dustie1 wrote: »
    Had my GTT today.. not as awful as I'd thought it would be. Popped into Penneys during one of the hour waits and bought a few super cute baby gros. We're having a girl but I'm not a pink person so i've been buying mostly neutral colours which Penneys had great range of :) Had scan too and babys almost 3lbs! Makes sense as the kicks have gotten so strong recently.

Glad to hear you can have a mooch around inbetween...I want to pick up a load of boys stuff in pennys too may have a look when I have mine on Weds!

Were you in the Rotunda? Do you get comfy seats for the time you're waiting around?

I'm taking a days AL tomorrow and heading in to town to buy all the boring bits, blankets, nighties, nappies, sanitary towels.... I don't think I've ever been less excited about a shopping trip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Glad to hear you can have a mooch around inbetween...I want to pick up a load of boys stuff in pennys too may have a look when I have mine on Weds!

Were you in the Rotunda? Do you get comfy seats for the time you're waiting around?

You're not supposed to leave the hospital between blood tests because you have to be resting for the duration... it could affect the results apparently. It should say it on your letter from them for the GTT... Also, no comfy seats, you sit on the seats outside the blood test room.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi Smokey, no I'm not in the Rotunda. I'm in castlebar and had test in consultants office rather than hosptial. Ya the midwife did say to be resting but they didnt mind us coming and going as long as we werent stressed/rushing. I drove Penneys and strolled around the shop so to me that was less stressful than sitting in the waiting rooms - that always makes me nervous.

Hi ladies hope alls well with everyone! Had my 30 week check up in rotunda today all is well thank god, baby's head is down and had a little mini scan and baby size is good. How's everyone doing?

• Advertisement

So it sounds like I'm 1 sheet of toilet paper behind the average

I measured myself using toilet paper again this morning and am still 8 sheets exactly. I thought I would have expanded a little in the last 11 days. I'm kind of freaked out as baby has been slowly falling behind size-wise on the scans and at 29+4 was measuring a full week behind. The doctor said it was within normal ranges and it will probably just be a small baby, but I can't help but worry. My next appointment isn't until the week after next. Grow baby grow!

I measured myself using toilet paper again this morning and am still 8 sheets exactly. I thought I would have expanded a little in the last 11 days. I'm kind of freaked out as baby has been slowly falling behind size-wise on the scans and at 29+4 was measuring a full week behind. The doctor said it was within normal ranges and it will probably just be a small baby, but I can't help but worry. My next appointment isn't until the week after next. Grow baby grow!

I wouldn't worry too much sure who wants a 12lb baby! Probably just petite :)

It's too quiet in here!! :P

It's too quiet in here!! :P

Very quiet!

I'm 33 weeks tomorrow and getting more anxious as the days go on. I cried at the antenatal class when she told us about the checks they do on baby after the birth - I just worry so much about having a healthy baby. Otherwise I'm pretty good - still walking and yoga-ing and working away without any issues - only 5 weeks left in work and 3 of them are 4 day weeks because of bank holidays/Good Friday! They still haven't even advertised for my replacement and are scheduling me in for pretty serious projects in my last few weeks which I won't possibly be able to see through - so they're definitely in denial! I'm finding I'm tired in the evenings and it's an all-consuming exhaustion rather than my usual tiredness after a long day.

I'm finally starting to get a few bits sorted for baby's hospital bag - I'm going to try to finish it by next weekend. I have my own stuff sorted.

We must have the same due date I'm 33 weeks tomorrow too! Have my third antenatal class on tomorrow. I must start packing my bag. I am very disorganised! I will end up in such a panic I'm sure!!
    I'm still working too, finding it very tiring on my feet all day, and am not sleeping that great at all.

Hey girls nice to see a bit of activity in this thread!

I think I'm 31 weeks tomorrow (lose track all the time:D) and everything good so far, was getting some rotten ligament pains last week in pelvis and some annoying period type aches that come and go but apart from that all good.

Not in with the consultant again until the end of the month where I need a bigger scan done again as my fluid levels around baby are high normal and his kidneys are slightly higher in fluid levels, they don't think anything wrong but I appreciate they keep such a close eye on you and schedule extras when needed!

Fiance off for two weeks now (he's primary school teacher) so we're going to try get everything ready and bought now!

Hey! Im 33 weeks on wednesday, and ten sheets along on the toilet roll lol.. last week has been crazy as I just seem to have ballooned, belly button will probably be gone by end of this week..
    babs seems to be fine, theres notthing wrong with its feet anyhow and im getting fierce kicks all the time, a few sore ones to the ribs, swear it nearly broke a ribthe other night..
    im still getting a few walks in during week but I seem to have slowed down quiet a bit which is a little frustrating at times, especially for the dog lol
    havent had an appointment with the hospital in what seems an eternity, have one next week, it cant come soon enough, really hope I get sone kinda scan.. is there usually any more scans now does anyone know?
    In general all is well I think, could do with some more sleep, but im not complaining, only three weeks left in work, yay!

hope youre all keeping well!

I had a quick scan at my last appointment 30 weeks.. Not sure if it's Every time tho!

I had a quick scan at my last appointment 30 weeks.. Not sure if it's Every time tho!

Oh I hope there is! Want to see this little Kung Fu artist again..

Hey does any of your little ones seem to be lying more to one side a lot? Mine is on my left side nearly always now.. It makes it difficult to lie on left side at night to be honest so I'm just going with what's comfortable now at this stage..

• Advertisement

MissFire wrote: »
    Oh I hope there is! Want to see this little Kung Fu artist again..

Hey does any of your little ones seem to be lying more to one side a lot? Mine is on my left side nearly always now.. It makes it difficult to lie on left side at night to be honest so I'm just going with what's comfortable now at this stage..

Yes my little one likes to snuggle right at the edge on my side, sometimes feels like he or she is trying to get around my back!

Advertisement