Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due April 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My first one is in CUMH, should be around 10 weeks if doctors predictions are right (but its a dating scan which she wanted to happen last week, so its likely extra).

Am feeling cranky today, had fight with oh last night about all of this, he's not adjusting so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

In the Coombe you get a dating scan and an anomaly scan. Dating scan should happen between 10-12 weeks and anomaly between 18-22 weeks according to their website.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In Holles St you may or may not get get a dating scan at your 1st appointment though most people do get them. it is very quick but last itme they did give me pictures:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I do love seeing the pictures.. Does anyone want me to put up names and due dates on first post so we can see closer to the end who is due when and we can add what we have to the list when time comes? Up to ye just say so and I'll sort it

Think the "morning" sickness is starting... sitting here feeling like I'm going to vomit all over the place...

Yeah it hit me 4 days ago two weeks later than last time it's bloody awful when minding my little man

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to you all. I'm almost 6wks and thought I'd share my story...

Found out at 41/2 weeks and although unexpected was a great surprise! Had mild cramps and slight nausea but nothing too hectic...until the 5 week mark...had severe cramps late one nite that lasted roughly 10 mins so went to GP next morning worried ( it's hard to know what to ignore and what not to with pregnancy) GP gave me a referral letter for the A&E and told me to go there if it happened again
    The following night it did happen again so I went to the A&E, they examined me and asked lots of questions, they were concerned it may be an ectopic pregnancy (baby growing outside the womb) so they kept me in overnight to do a scan the next morning.
    They did an internal scan the following morning and thankfully the sac was in the womb, however as I was only five weeks they couldn't see the baby or a heartbeat, they assured me this was to be expected as the baby was so tiny at only 5weeks, she did however warn me that the pains I was having wasn't good and that it could mean a miscarriage to come.
    She told me I need a scan in ten days to confirm the babies heartbeat.
    This was on Friday. Since then I have been bed ridden with a combination of cramps, heartburn and morning sickness, constipation and diarrhoea, I feel dizzy and just totally out of whack....but I have had a lot of time to think and I feel that the pain I experienced may have actually been a bad bout of ibs. I have suffered with it for years but as long as I keep my diet under control by avoiding the trigger foods then it's fine, but when I found out I was pregnant I instantly started eating LOTS of fruit and veg and red meat, completely forgetting that these are all my trigger foods!
    I now have changed back to my previous diet and the pain has certainly eased slightly. I am now very certain that my little baba is fine and it was infact my body that was not happy with the sudden change!
    I still feel awful with regards to indigestion, morning sickness, cramps and general rotten feeling, I am back to work on tues and am so worried that I just won't be up to it as at the mo I just feel like staying in bed all day!
    I am hoping this all ceases at the 12 week mark.
    I am going to the Coombes tomo to register and try get a scan sorted for a week from now to be sure that all is ok, but I feel very positive.
    I hope this helps some of you out there who may be adjusting to the effect of ibs in pregnancy, let me know if anyone has a similar problem or any advice
    Xxx

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to you all. I'm almost 6wks and thought I'd share my story...

Found out at 41/2 weeks and although unexpected was a great surprise! Had mild cramps and slight nausea but nothing too hectic...until the 5 week mark...had severe cramps late one nite that lasted roughly 10 mins so went to GP next morning worried ( it's hard to know what to ignore and what not to with pregnancy) GP gave me a referral letter for the A&E and told me to go there if it happened again
    The following night it did happen again so I went to the A&E, they examined me and asked lots of questions, they were concerned it may be an ectopic pregnancy (baby growing outside the womb) so they kept me in overnight to do a scan the next morning.
    They did an internal scan the following morning and thankfully the sac was in the womb, however as I was only five weeks they couldn't see the baby or a heartbeat, they assured me this was to be expected as the baby was so tiny at only 5weeks, she did however warn me that the pains I was having wasn't good and that it could mean a miscarriage to come.
    She told me I need a scan in ten days to confirm the babies heartbeat.
    This was on Friday. Since then I have been bed ridden with a combination of cramps, heartburn and morning sickness, constipation and diarrhoea, I feel dizzy and just totally out of whack....but I have had a lot of time to think and I feel that the pain I experienced may have actually been a bad bout of ibs. I have suffered with it for years but as long as I keep my diet under control by avoiding the trigger foods then it's fine, but when I found out I was pregnant I instantly started eating LOTS of fruit and veg and red meat, completely forgetting that these are all my trigger foods!
    I now have changed back to my previous diet and the pain has certainly eased slightly. I am now very certain that my little baba is fine and it was infact my body that was not happy with the sudden change!
    I still feel awful with regards to indigestion, morning sickness, cramps and general rotten feeling, I am back to work on tues and am so worried that I just won't be up to it as at the mo I just feel like staying in bed all day!
    I am hoping this all ceases at the 12 week mark.
    I am going to the Coombes tomo to register and try get a scan sorted for a week from now to be sure that all is ok, but I feel very positive.
    I hope this helps some of you out there who may be adjusting to the effect of ibs in pregnancy, let me know if anyone has a similar problem or any advice
    Xxx

You don't go to the Coombe to register, you download the registration form from the website, fill it in and send it back and they'll send you an appointment in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

January wrote: »
    You don't go to the Coombe to register, you download the registration form from the website, fill it in and send it back and they'll send you an appointment in the post.

Oh thanks a mil, had no idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

Moonbeam wrote: »
    In Holles St you may or may not get get a dating scan at your 1st appointment though most people do get them. it is very quick but last itme they did give me pictures:)

I am a Nordie, so I think up there you get three scans the first of which is at the 12 week mark, so I just assumed it was the same in Holles Street.

I am going public with the community mid-wife led scheme. Does any know how I would go about getting a scan done privately - is it expensive?

Thanks

About 100 euro these days for private scans. The RCSI unit in the Rotunda is very good, it's not in the main hospital, it's in a building at the back. They do dating scans and I think 3d/4d scans too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ultra sound dimensions in Blackrock is where I got it done on my 3.

Thanks for the heads up on the scan. I have just booked myself in for a scan at 12 weeks with these guys - costs €100
    http://www.babyscan.ie/early-pregnancy-scan/

Has anyone started using Bio Oil or another moisturiser yet. I have only been using Bio Oil since Friday (morning and night) and have already gone through about a 1/6 of the bottle! It's pretty expensive - so fingers crossed it works...

Apparently the boots version is half the price and just as good.

• Advertisement

I used Vaseline cocoa butter first time round from second trimester on.. So far this time I've not as the smell makes me ill so maybe second tri again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Has anyone started using Bio Oil or another moisturiser yet. I have only been using Bio Oil since Friday (morning and night) and have already gone through about a 1/6 of the bottle! It's pretty expensive - so fingers crossed it works...

Bio-oil is just a very nicely scented oil with some fancy pants marketing. I Any oil would do.

I am in such pain with my sinuses, am completely miserable :(

I am in such pain with my sinuses, am completely miserable :(

Same here! Thought it was a cold at first but had none of the normal cold "symptoms", hope you feel better soon.

First appointment is the 10th Oct :D

They sent the appointment to my old address despite me putting my new one on the form :\

• Advertisement

they are good at that it took me ages to get mine changed.. I even had a form that asked if I had a sex change when I switched to my married name.. how many weeks are you then?
    mines on the 26th of September I'll be 13+1

I'll be 12+4 then :D

Bet you can't wait.
    I feel more at ease after the first scan

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

My first scan is on 10th October as well. At the Rotunda. Cant wait. This is my first pregnancy and with every pinch i keep imagining the worst scenarios. Im so scared sth might happen i cant sleep. And of course being overly emotional right now does not help. Is this normal? I cant wait to see the first scan and hopefully everything is fine and i can relax a bit.
    Is anyone else feeling this way too?

dottybows wrote: »
    My first scan is on 10th October as well. At the Rotunda. Cant wait. This is my first pregnancy and with every pinch i keep imagining the worst scenarios. Im so scared sth might happen i cant sleep. And of course being overly emotional right now does not help. Is this normal? I cant wait to see the first scan and hopefully everything is fine and i can relax a bit.
    Is anyone else feeling this way too?

It doesn't get easier as it goes on... this is my fourth and every day I worry that something is going to go wrong. Every little leak, or what feels like it from down there has me rushing to the loo to check that everything is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

January wrote: »
    It doesn't get easier as it goes on... this is my fourth and every day I worry that something is going to go wrong. Every little leak, or what feels like it from down there has me rushing to the loo to check that everything is OK.

Well Im glad Im not the only one. I feel like Im spending more time in the bathroom than anywhere else.

This is my second and I'm the very same. I'd a really bad day yesterday woke up in pain and spent the day gettin sick which I never got sick first time round just felt it. You never stop worrying even after there born. I think it's a mammy thing you'll always worry

Sleep pattern is a complete mess - fell asleep for two hours this afternoon and now am wired awake.

Scan on Wednesday, getting a bit excited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Feel safe enough posting after my early scan this morning. Had an ectopic and miscarriage last year so had to had to have an early scan today. Baby is where it should be and heartbeat was plain to see. I'm 7 weeks and 1 day and couldn't believe my luck that this time around everything is going well.

Still symptomless... anybody else??

• Advertisement

I've got bad cramps and tiredness but not much else!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

For any of ye with morning sickness the midwife recommended motion sickness wristbands. I've been using them since yesterday and they've really taken the edge off. They can be slightly uncomfortable but the pros outweigh the cons.

Last time I'd sickness from 6 weeks but didn't kick in until 8 week mark this time and I didn't get sick first time round but am this time. So now there's foods I'll never eat again..!
    Got cramps and tiredness too which sucks but gettin there slowly 10 weeks tomorrow yey!!

Last time I'd sickness from 6 weeks but didn't kick in until 8 week mark this time and I didn't get sick first time round but am this time. So now there's foods I'll never eat again..!
    Got cramps and tiredness too which sucks but gettin there slowly 10 weeks tomorrow yey!!

8 weeks on Sunday... still doesn't feel real...

Tell me bout it think I'm having a tough time believing it because so far in my year and half married iv only been non pregnant 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Betty Draper

think i am due in April, going for an early scan tomorrow in Holles Street.

Have my scan this afternoon, time on letter is 15.40, wondering how early I should get there, seeing kind of mixed things online about wait times in CUMH.

Any ideas ladies?

Had thought I was 10 weeks but only measured 8 so back in four weeks. And here I thought I'd gotten past all the bad symptomns!

I am convinced I can feel this little bean moving around in there... it's too low down to be gas or a rumbling tummy... It's definitely little flutters and only when I'm not doing anything I can notice them... I said it to my partner last night, I was that convinced.

• Advertisement

Yeah iv had this for a week now. They say you feel it earlier second time round so could be it

Telling my parents tonight. Really starting to freak out...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Betty Draper

we had our scan yesterday. all looking good so far. am 7 weeks. just hoping to hold on until the magic 12 weeks now:)

Bet the scans a relief..!! Mines just under 3 weeks away.

How did your parents react lilmiss?? Bet there over the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hi there, may I join you :D

I am 10 weeks pregnant, due April 3rd. It's my second, my son is 4, and I have forgotten everything about pregnancy at this stage ahahah!

I am feeling great so far, I had very little nausea and it seems to have disappeared now. I am definitely more worried on this pregnancy than on the first one, mainly because I know a lot more this time around about different conditions/what can go wrong etc... Aaaaah ignorance was bliss on my first pregnancy!

I had a fantastic pregnancy and birth on my son, so I have high expectations for this one :D

I'll have my first scan in 2 weeks in Holles st, it can't come soon enough!

Hope you are all doing well.

Parents are over the moon, dad made me promise he can spoil it :P

Super wrecked tired today. Watching Teen Mom and relaxing :)

• Advertisement

Really a day for it so cold and wet and I was at a party last night so tired not just not comin right at all

The nausea is here...

All my symptoms are gone.. I was really really ill a few nights ago and since that nothing.. Freaked a little bit now to say the least

Still no nausea (touching all wood around me) but this backache is getting on my nerves now. Mam went over speed bumps a little too vigorously on Sunday and now my back is killing me ever since!

Liking time off work though :)

Typical, morning sickness kicks in on my birthday. Super fun!

• Advertisement
Advertisement