Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Friday 25th July

Baxin'

Monday 28th July

Squats
    3x3@115kg 3RM got 8 reps, missed last

Split Squat
    w/ front rack
    2x10@60kg

SL RDL
    2x10@24kg

The full 3x3@115kg would have been nice but what I got is a good improvement so happy enough. I didn't do a whole lot after because I woke up this morning with the pox. I'll probably try get 4 sessions in this week while having it but keep the volume down a bit.

Tuesday 29th July

Press
    3x5@52.5kg

CG Bench
    3x10@65kg

WG Pullups
    3x5

Chinups

GHD Situps
    4x15

Curls
    2x10@17.5kg

I've accidentally fell back into an upper and lower split which wasn't the intention. The general idea though with the upperbody stuff the next 3-4 weeks is just general training like I was doing at the start of the year. Upperback strength is down a little bit after getting neglected during the two smolov jr bench cycles. So build that back up a bit then go into a smolov jr cycle on press.

Current PB there is 70kg@79kg a couple years ago. I had a 92.5kg bench at the time. The goal will be a bodyweight press or as damn near close as I can get to it. Either 72.5 or 75kg. I'll try the latter first.

Thursday 31st July

Front Squat
    1@95kg
    f@100kg
    3x3@85kg

Deadlift
    3x3@120kg

The pox had taken full control tonight. I was shooting for 1@100, 3x3@90kg and 130kg 3x3. As of writing this on Friday though I'm started to feel a bit better. 120kg 2RM PB attempt on squat coming up in a few days.

I'll need to do a mobilov cycle at some stage. My front squat form while never good is after regressing further. As the weight gets near max the bar is drifting forward too much and gravity takes hold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

If you bring Ebola to the gym I'm going to... hmmm.

Edwardius wrote: »
    If you bring Ebola to the gym I'm going to... hmmm.

I made sure to touch every bar in the gym last night to be sure.

• Advertisement

Monday 1st July

Press
    3x5@55kg

Ring Dips
    10,10,10,9@10kg

Barbell Row
    3x5@75kg

DB Row
    3x15@32.5kg

DB Curl
    2x8@15kg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

token wrote: »
    Monday 1st July

Did you rock up to training in a DeLorean? ;)

Did you rock up to training in a DeLorean? ;)

Hmm I must be in denial about it being the last month of the summer.

Saturday 2nd August

Squat
    1@120kg
    2xf@125kg

Clean Pull
    5x3@110kg

SL RDL
    2x10@24kg

Rehab'esque stuff
    Ungodly thoracic strengthening circuit

Having ebolaov = less drinking = more training so I ended doing an unplanned session today. I knew I was too tired to do the 2RM @ 120kg I've been planning so I decided to do a single @ 120kg. That went up without too much fuss so decided to keep going. No dice. I would have liked to get 125kg because it would have meant a possible 130kg fresh. Now I know I can get 125kg but 130kg is still a bit of work away.

I'm going to stick with just doing singles for 1-2 weeks then go on a squat program.

Supposedy was training and when she saw me squatting made me do 20 minutes of god awful thoracic strengthing and stretching exercises. I'll do these every gym session for the next while. Felt like it was very effective.

Having ebolaov = less drinking = more training

Ignored this on Sunday night and paid the price.

Tuesday 5th August

Squat
    1@120kg

Clean Deadlit
    1@140kg

Press
    3x5@56kg

CG Bench
    10,9,8@67.5kg

GHD Situp
    2x16

The plan is to go for 125kg again on Friday and then start squat sufferings on Monday. I better get it on Friday or my log title will come back into effect.

• Advertisement

Wednesday 6th August

WG Pullups
    5x5

Chinups
    3x8

DB Curl
    2x12@17.5kg

+ load of stretching & that thoracic circuit thing

Short session. Saving legs for Friday squat 1RM. Better bloody get it.

Friday 8th August

Squat
    1@120kg
    5x5@100kg

Press
    5,5,4@57kg

Ring Dips
    3x8@15kg

Clean Pull
    1@125kg

Powerclean
    fails @ 90kg

GHD Situps
    3x15

Didn't feel great tonight ebola must still be hanging around a bit. Worst of the 120's I've done recently. I was sweating buckets doing the 5x5.

I'm starting smolov base cycle or some bastardisation of it on Monday. I'll give 125kg one last go beforehand. I'm going to start smolov jr on press the week after.

Saturday 9th August

Powersnatch
    6x2@50kg

Pendlay Rows
    5@70kg
    5@75kg
    5@80kg
    3@85kg

DB Row
    3x15@32.5kg

DB Curl
    3x15@15kg

Monday 11th August

Squat
    1@125kg 3kg PB
    4x9@85kg

Press
    4.5@60kg
    6x6@47.5kg

GHD Situps
    2x20

CG Bench
    3x8@70kg

Yay got the squat. Sadness has been kept at bay. It's been something like two years since I PB'd my squat so while it's still terrible I'm happy with it tonight. I've been dropping bodyweight over that two years which contributed to the stalling. After that I followed it up with the start of smolov base using 120kg as max.

Tried to get 5RM Press @ 60kg but got stuck half way up on the 5th rep. I'm pretty sure I would have got it if I did it before the 4x9 squats. It'll be easy once I'm finish smolov jr on it which I also started today using 67.5kg as a max.

The plan is to run the smolovovovoz for 4 weeks. I might have started the press slightly heavy but I'll leave it as is. Goal is 130kg Squat and as close to bodyweight as I can get on the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What's bodyweight now?

What's bodyweight now?

It's around 75kg now after being down around 72kg while I was doing athletics and for a good while after. It was about 79kg when I first got the 122kg squat.

Tuesday 12th August

Squat
    5x7@90kg

Press
    7x5@50kg

RDL
    3x6@90kg

WG Pullups
    3x5
    2x8 chinups

I got through that pretty quick today but I see myself being very sad come a couple of weeks.

Wednesday 13th August

Squat
    7x5@95kg

Press
    8x4@55kg

Ring Dips
    10,10,9@15kg

Hanging Leg Raises
    3x6

Back Extensions
    3x10@BW

Can't train tomorrow so did that session today. Felt pretty good surprisingly for 3 in a row.

Thursday 14th August

5 a side
    60 minutes

A 5 a side thing started up in work so will be doing this most weeks from on. Fitness wasn't great a lot of hands on my knees for the second half an hour. I expect it to rapidly come back though I just haven't done anything with any intensity cardio wise for awhile.

Friday 15th August

Squat
    10x3@102.5kg

Press
    10x3@57.5kg

RDL
    3x6@95kg

Pendlay Rows
    3x3@80kg

Good Morning
    2x10@20kg

The football completely sapped my legs. It felt like 112.5kg. Ugh. The press is getting easier every session so far. I could get something decent in a few weeks time on that.

Practicing good morning form and making sure I can hit positions correctly before loading it.

Saturday 16th August

Squat
    4x9@90kg

Bench
    up to 90kg, fail 95kg

Press
    6x6@50kg

CG Bench
    7,6,5@72.5kg

Stupid sh*t
    Tabata @ random double dumbell exercises

GHD
    3x15

• Advertisement

Monday 18th August

Squat
    5x7@95kg

Press
    7x5@52.5kg

Clean Pull
    3x3@120kg

WG Pullups
    3x5
    10,9 chinups

Tuesday 19th August

Squat
    7x5@100kg

Press
    4,4,4,4,3,3,3,3@57.5kg

Hanging Leg Raises
    3x6

Ring Dips
    3x6@20

Yeah I was right I started the press one jump too high. I say I'll just do the 3 weeks of it now and then work towards a max. Squats are still okay.

Wednesday 20th August

Squats
    10x3@107.5kg

No 5 aside this week so using the opportunity to get an extra smolov session in this week as well because I'll be missing at least one of em next week.

Friday 22nd August

Squat
    4x9@95kg

Press
    10x3@60kg

Saturday 22nd August

Squat
    5x7@100kg

Clean Pulls
    3x3@120kg

Pullups
    3x8

I was tired both days so didn't do much on assistance. I say that might be the last of the 'easy' squats. Gonna start getting proper hard from the next session on.

Monday 25th August

Squat
    7x5@105kg

Press
    6x6@52.5kg

Hanging Leg Raises
    3x8

Back Lever
    3x3-5 second holds

CG Bench
    3x6@77.5kg

Back Extensions
    3x10@10kg

Squats went really well tonight. I've done 5x5@105kg before but I did them tonight with solid form and room to spare. Definitely getting better at squatting both numbers and form wise.

I was demonstrating how to do a back lever to one of the younglings who could al most do a front lever but didn't know what a back lever was. I've never actually held one before so I thought it was just going to be a half assed demonstration but to my surprise I could actually hold one. I'm gonna read a few articles on it now and see what's the best way to work it up to a solid 10 second hold and then whore it to social media for admiration /narcissism

Wednesday 27th August

Squat
    10x3@112.5kg

RDL
    5x3@110kg

S/S
    10 Back Extension @ 20kg
    15 GHD Situps

Week 3 of smolov base down. Went pretty well touch of form degradation compared to previous session but still pretty solid for the most part. I'm doing 4 weeks of it so up another 5kg next week. Gonna get very interesting then. Gainz or Die.

28th Thursday August

5 a side
    60 minutes

Later..

Press
    7x5@55kg

Ring Dips
    5x15@BW

Pendlay Row
    3x5@70kg

DB Row
    3x15@32.5kg

DB Curl
    2x15@15kg

Away for the next few days so week 4 of smolov base won't start until Monday or more likely Tuesday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

smolov base won't start until Monday or more likely Tuesday.

LOLZ

Away for the next few days so week 4 of smolov base won't start until Monday or more likely Tuesday.
    Edwardius wrote: »
    LOLZ

Make that Wednesday and even that was pushing it. So much sadness this week.

Wednesday 3rd September

Squats
    4x9@95kg

Press
    3@60kg
    3x10@40kg

RDL
    2x10kg

I haven't had too much many miserable sessions this year but that's a winner right there. I didn't plan on destroying myself that much or taking that much time off. So adjusted plan.

4th successive week of x4 weekly squatting is out and now I'm repeating another 3 week base cycle starting with last weeks weights. Which has me putting in 130kg as a max. I might have to lower the weights a touch the final week but I'll see how I get on anyway.

Tried to continue with press which was 8x4@60kg. That woulda been really hard under any circumstances. Got 3 reps on first set then just did a few rep sets. I'll try again on Friday.

• Advertisement

Monday 15th September

Squats
    4x9@95kg

Press
    5x5@50kg

Chinups
    3x8

I haven't been well lately and haven't been able to train. I did one set of 7@100kg last Sunday and another set on Monday and had to stop training both times because I got dizzy and disorientated. I physically couldn't do another set both sessions. So I took the rest of the week off and took it easy.

I'm still out of sorts but decided to do some light stuff tonight. I decided to keep going with it though while warming up and got spotters in case I passed out* but it went ok so hopefully good to continue back to the 5x7's on Wednesday and get back on the smolov train.

*I'm not joking

Advertisement