Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**HPAT and Medicine 2016**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Wanderer41 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone on Monday. Don't forget there are other options if you don't do as well as you hoped. Don't change your CAO preferences based on your result, but have backups down. Consider taking a year out to repeat the HPAT and work, at least then you don't have to pay fees if you do a year of another course.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    +1

I thought that option was no longer available. Have to do hpat and leaving cert same year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

I thought that option was no longer available. Have to do hpat and leaving cert same year

I'm not sure how it will apply next year with the points changes or whatever but that's what I'm doing this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

You have to do the HPAT the year you want to enter Medicine.

Not necessarily the year you do the LC. There will be a report in 2018 when they may change this but until then, you can take a year out and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 taro

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    You have to do the HPAT the year you want to enter Medicine.

Not necessarily the year you do the LC. There will be a report in 2018 when they may change this but until then, you can take a year out and repeat.

Where did you hear about that? I can't find anything that says 2018 is the year they change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 David1997

Struggling to even watch the match without thinking about results. Just wish I could fast-forward about 12 hours and I should know, whether it be good or bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

David1997 wrote: »
    Struggling to even watch the match without thinking about results. Just wish I could fast-forward about 12 hours and I should know, whether it be good or bad!

If I do well I won't be able to sleep so I'll stay up and watch GOT. If I don't do well I won't be able to sleep so I'll stay up watch GOT. Still want to do well! All I know is that I'm probably going to be watching GOT tomorrow AM. There is no middleground :P

If I do well I won't be able to sleep so I'll stay up and watch GOT. If I don't do well I won't be able to sleep so I'll stay up watch GOT. Still want to do well! All I know is that I'm probably going to be watching GOT tomorrow AM. There is no middleground :P

Precisely my plan! Even though GOT demands my full attention usually so will probably end up re-watching anything I watch tonight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

This rumour seems to go round every year and hasn't been true thus far, so I'd say you're fine.

For everyone getting their results tomorrow good luck and what ever happens don't take medicine off your CAO. Also remember that the percentile is a lot more relevant than the points.

So good luck and may the odds be even in your favour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

I'm a candidate for next years HPAT and was just wondering when ye started studying for the HPAT? Also how did you manage the timing for each section? Any tips for practicing?

Thanks and I hope you are all happy tomorrow! :D Best of luck!

I'm a candidate for next years HPAT and was just wondering when ye started studying for the HPAT? Also how did you manage the timing for each section? Any tips for practicing?

TBH I started having a look at HPAT related stuff in december 2015. However I have no idea how I got on yet. I'm not suggesting december as many people start in the summer after fifth year but I will give you one piece of advice. Don't burn yourself out. at least not yet

I'd recommend you do one of the courses. I know people say they're moneyspinners, and they are expensive, but there's some that are reasonable enough. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have had a clue how to answer a lot of questions without having done the course. The course really helped with knowing my timing and how to practice too. I did my course the 3rd of January I think it was so I didn't start studying at all until after that. In a way I think I was better off because I'd less time to get stressed about it but I guess I won't really know until later on tonight. I'm not going naming the course I did here but if you want to PM me I can give you more info on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chris241111

What time do these results come out?

Further up this thread I heard that last year it was 1am (ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Say hello to my little friend

Not long now..... When the results are out could I ask people to post what percentile relates to what points and we can get an idea of whether points for the courses will go up or down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 chris241111

Not long now..... When the results are out could I ask people to post what percentile relates to what points and we can get an idea of whether points for the courses will go up or down.

I'll try if I'm not .....crying my eyes out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Little after 1am last year, but it was almost 6am the year before i think! Best luck to you all, hope to see some of ye in ucd come september ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SeanG999

Does anyone know what time the results are released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

SeanG999 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the results are released

Look above man

• Registered Users Posts: 33 alaandocs

I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time waiting for this

• Advertisement

Look above man

Thanks, like the name.

alaandocs wrote: »
    I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time waiting for this

Feel sick to my stomach :/

Don't think I'll be able to bring myself to look at the results when that email comes

Feel sick to my stomach :/
    Look on the bright side, the season finale of game of thrones is out around the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roentgen

Thought my boards registration email was the HPAT email. I jumped.

SeanG999 wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, the season finale of game of thrones is out around the same time

I'm only on the first season! Every time I get an email with a boards.ie notification I think its THE email and my stomach sinks

I have to be up at 6am tomorrow for work... This is unfair.

I hope I'm not waiting all night :/

I'm only on the first season! Every time I get an email with a boards.ie notification I think its THE email and my stomach sinks

I know exactly how you feel. As soon as I here that ring on my phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 alaandocs

It's so annoying, the results could be here in a few minutes or another few hours :)

• Advertisement

I'm setting myself a limit of 01:30, after that I'm sleeping.

roentgen wrote: »

Well you'd want to if you're up at 6!

Is there a reason why they don't tell us a time? It's a bit ridiculous

Well you'd want to if you're up at 6!

Yeah 😪. I'm on a split shift tomorrow though, so I can take a nap in the on call room if needs be 😂.

Any day there ACER

• Registered Users Posts: 35 XC90_D5

Last year it came in at 01:06
    PS I'm a repeat :P

XC90_D5 wrote: »
    Last year it came in at 01:06
    PS I'm a repeat :P
    Were you much off last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 taara

Functioning on 3hrs sleep from last night and have to get up at 7am, I need the email now please!!! Before I fall asleep!

roentgen wrote: »

Staying awake til 2 - but that's my final offer, ACER yiz ticks.

• Advertisement

It's moments like this when you wonder what you're doing with your life...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 taara

Give up! I'll see it as soon as I wake up! Good luck everyone!

God speed Tara, you're making the more intelligent decision right now

Hey guys, have any of you looked at your Acer accounts to see if the results have been posted yet and they're just slow with the email ?

OMGeary wrote: »
    Hey guys, have any of you looked at your Acer accounts to see if the results have been posted yet and they're just slow with the email ?

How do we check on there?

How do we check on there?

I just tried there and there's nothing on it to get results, only check admission ticket or buy preparation materials

• Advertisement

I just tried there and there's nothing on it to get results, only check admission ticket or buy preparation materials

Will the link be to our ACER accounta or our CAO accounts do you know?

It'll be on the Acer account

All it says on the ACER HPAT results page is "Candidates will receive an email notification to inform them that their results are available.", so I assume it'll be ACER

Cheers boys

Anyone get a raven from acer yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement