Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-02-2013, 19:41   #676
Dicky Pride
Closed Account

This country is shit. Pure and Simple.

There are no forward thinkers, only backward bottlers.

As is said above, jails are for dangerous criminals. In the case of this garlic smuggling man, he should be sentenced to 6 years of useful community service. Let him continue to make a living, but, for 6 years he is also to live a double life as an altruistic man of charity. If he is not willing to do it, then he should be forced.

I'm sick of seeing people who are not afraid of the guards, get off scot free with an attitude of "Sure what can we do" (seemingly nothing until they actually murder someone). But they come down heavy on the easy targets, the people that are law fearing, non trouble making. Thieves, aggressors and rapists get off with suspended sentences but people who struggle to pay bills get threatened with jail.

We see politicians claiming all kinds of expenses and benefits but seemingly do very little to help in the running of the country. Make no mistake about it. This country is shit, and it will continue to be shit until a something changes.
Advertisement
05-02-2013, 19:53   #677
Bruthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyHepburn View Post
You break the law, you pay for it, end of.
If he had got a 20 year sentence, would you still say that exact same thing, or is there a level thats too harsh?

How about when you break a speed limit law? Straight to the garda station and hand yourself in for punishment is it?

Or do the flawless law abiders of boards in reality not mind some laws in their daily life, but come on here to justify the sentences of others, while proclaiming that the law was broken, you pay for it...

Last edited by Bruthal; 05-02-2013 at 19:56.
05-02-2013, 20:06   #678
goat2

i wonder how they got horsemeat through our borders,
without being caught,
05-02-2013, 20:10   #679
mikom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat2 View Post
i wonder how they got horsemeat through our borders,
without being caught,
Horsemosis?
05-02-2013, 20:12   #680
tatranska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boombastic View Post
How many years did Mick Wallace get for his tax evasion?
4 unles he gets out for doing a good job
Advertisement
05-02-2013, 21:11   #681
The Road Runner
Closed Account

I have a feeling he wont go and do this again and i think the guy was punished enough at this stage, and i only say this in comparison to other jail terms people get. if we saw that right across the board people were getting sentances of this length for similar i would think well then he should see out his time. i dont even feel he was being made as an example to hold up and then forever more similar crimes will get the same time in jail. on its own it can be argued that 6 years may be fitting. but when you compare it, even to violent crimes, it is way over the top.
06-02-2013, 18:16   #682
JohnOShock

.....reversed horsemosis! They'll find rat DNA in Polish burgers
08-02-2013, 09:37   #683
Worztron

Why are many other tax evaders only named and shamed in newspapers and fined?
08-02-2013, 13:58   #684
samsemtex
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austo77 View Post
Serves him right imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkast_IRE View Post
So he knowingly broke the law and defrauded the state and people think its a harsh treatment , in my opinion its the same as someone defrauding welfare or revenue by outright lying to them.
The priggishness of people on this website is truly astounding. Looking at the people who thanked these posts too it seems that they are the exact same people who staunchly support the bank bailout and selling out of our country by the government. What a group of lads.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion