Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

RayMers wrote: »
    Really, Jesus lol il be ringing them on Monday, il report back on what the outcome is!

Are you on the basic pack, you dont have kids or documentary channels?

Whats entertainment extra plus sports? 72??

• Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

RayMers wrote: »
    Really, Jesus lol il be ringing them on Monday, il report back on what the outcome is!
    You can see the different costs here on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I'm on the variety pack costing €36 per month.
    I want to upgrade to sky sports also and the upgrade will be an additional 36, bringing total cost to €72. That's too much for me to justify.

I've just cancelled my subscription a few minutes ago, hoping that I'll be offered the 50% off deal. Playing the waiting game now.

To keep me as a customer, Sky offered the variety pack for €25 per month without having to sign a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

donegal. wrote:
    thats what i did, I justified spending a fortune on a really nice tv by saving a fortune by ditching sky.

what model did you go for

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Sky are such a shower.. Last Wk was cancelling my Variety €36 to move everything to UPC.. SKY offered me €25 per month for 6 months, then offered me half price @ €18 for 9 months.. Was told offer would sit on the account if i changed my mind

In the mean-time UPC tech arrived and didn't inspire me with confidence of their products WiFi capabilities..Saying I'd need to router repeaters and so on. So rang Sky and was told offer is gone and now only for 6 months.. And basically take it or go without.. So in the space of 10 days the offer is rescinded.. Have service for another 3 Wks so interested to see what if anything they offer me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Was on half price for 9 months(entertainment plus + sports for €36) which ended last Month. Bill went up to €72 so rang there to cancel.

She offered me entertainment for €20 per month for 9 months which I took. Don't mind losing sports really and the €20 is much more easily managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

My 9 month half price deal ended and I got a whopper bill.. annoyed at myself that I didn't set the reminder on the phone to catch it before I got the big bill.

Anyway, called them and nothing going so cancelled. The guy tried to give me all sorts of spiel about not being able to get the same half price deal a 3rd time.. even though I have had it 4 or 5 times.

Will ride it out and wait to see what comes my way. Back to FTA end of August.. wife and kids will kill me:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I need to ring up myself.

Been a Sky customer since 2005 and it'd be really hard to go without.

Only have Variety at the minute but possibly looking for movies.

Think it's better to guilt trip and say can't afford or say UPC gave a better offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Had my bluff called yesterday for the 1st time ever and they accepted my cancellation. I am not that bothered as if I were to continue I would be paying €84p/m once my current offer ended. I had it for €39p/m

Last time I canceled, and it took a bloody long time to convince them to shut me down, they rang me within a week offering me the above. So fingers crosssed.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

I just rang to see if I could get any discount on my bill. I have everything, all channels, multi-room, HD so I am currently paying €111 per month. I was on a nine month discount until recently and was paying €93.00. Was told there was no discount available, and if I wanted to cancel they would need thirty one days notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

gypsylee wrote: »
    I just rang to see if I could get any discount on my bill. I have everything, all channels, multi-room, HD so I am currently paying €111 per month. I was on a nine month discount until recently and was paying €93.00. Was told there was no discount available, and if I wanted to cancel they would need thirty one days notice.

Hold off,let them cancel if they don't offer anything,after mine was cut off last week i lived into my sky online account and it had 50% off to come back,so i was only without it for i day.The 50% said for 12 months,i was told this was an english offer and replied it was on my account so got it for 9 months, seems to be most they do,sit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Just got a call out of the blue there from Sky. They offered my sports half price for 6 months on top of my Variety pack. Had sports with them and cancelled when the season ended and was thinking of taking it back up again so this was a well timed call from them. I'll be taking it up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just got a call out of the blue there from Sky. They offered my sports half price for 6 months on top of my Variety pack. Had sports with them and cancelled when the season ended and was thinking of taking it back up again so this was a well timed call from them. I'll be taking it up

I did the same,was all tough talk at the time "I dont need Sky" but as the new season is approaching Im beginning to think about getting it back again.

I wouldn't mind getting that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Got that call last week and told them leave it with me for a few days for me to think about it so still waiting on them to ring me back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Whats sky's number lads I must ring them myself soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

0818 719 819

Thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Called there recently looking for a discount/deal exactly a month before initial contract ends initial rep told me nothing could be done as I took up HD deal recently is this correct? then they suggested downgrade had to persistently request to be transferred to someone in a better position to advise eventually spoke to very friendly rep in 'subscriptions' told to call back in a week or two nothing much showing on the system ask for the 'loyalty team'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Think HD is a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Rang sky and said i wanted to cancel, the guy on the phone put me on hold.

Then he came back and offered 15% off (i have Variety and sports, 72 euro a month)
    I said no to this, and within 5 seconds he said he can do 20% off for nine months, no contract.

I again said no, that i would like to go ahead and cancel. Which he then did for me.

Is that the best offer i am going to get, should i of toke the 20% off? It would work out around 58 euro for the same channels that i have been paying 72 euro a month for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Gotya wrote: »

Then he came back and offered 15% off (i have Variety and sports, 72 euro a month)
    I said no to this, and within 5 seconds he said he can do 20% off for nine months, no contract.

I again said no, that i would like to go ahead and cancel. Which he then did for me.

Is that the best offer i am going to get, should i of toke the 20% off? It would work out around 58 euro for the same channels that i have been paying 72 euro a month for.

This thread is made up of two types of Sky customers.

a) One customer will take a small discount in order to stay with Sky, they do this because they are afraid to play hardball and do without Sky for a while.

b) Another customer will call their bluff and cancel. More than likely Sky will ring them back either during the cancellation period or a month or 2 later and offer half price.

I'm in camp b even though my missus would gladly accept 20% off and not lose Sky for any period of time. I pay the bill so I get to decide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Thinking of adding Sky Sports back on myself as the season approaches (and with the Ryder Cup). Cancelled it in May (Well June – takes a month which is a laugh) and brought my package down from 77 to 45 (the rep seemed to struggle with what I should have been paying). They offered me half price sports for 3 months to stay but for what?

Was all sure I’d stick to it and could live without it, head to the pub if I really wanted to see a game and get better value for my €30 but as the season approaches I’m getting sucked in (and once my wife realises the Ryder Cup is only on Sky she’ll go nuts)

6 months half price sounds good – any better offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Hi guys, cancelled sky two weeks ago and no call yet. Still two weeks to go before they stop broadcasting to me. I am looking at my options though and I am thinking about switching to UPC for their internet, I know TV isn't as good but they are doing an offer Sky Sports for €1 per month for 6 months and I don't watch much on Sky Atlantic. Does anyone have any experiences with UPC offering deals, similar to the above with Sky or is what you see, what you get?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

Hi guys, cancelled sky two weeks ago and no call yet. Still two weeks to go before they stop broadcasting to me. I am looking at my options though and I am thinking about switching to UPC for their internet, I know TV isn't as good but they are doing an offer Sky Sports for €1 per month for 6 months and I don't watch much on Sky Atlantic. Does anyone have any experiences with UPC offering deals, similar to the above with Sky or is what you see, what you get?

Thanks

Avoid upc at all costs. Horizon is totally rubbish just have a look at the threads on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Gotya wrote: »

I had the same 15% and 20% offers and proceeded to cancel.

You'll probably get an offer online a week or two after your cancellation has been fully processed and you've been switched off.

Just make sure you have your online account activated and check under "My Sky" around the time - I have the 50% offer for 12 months sitting there, although Sky Ireland will probably give 9 months claiming this is a UK only offer. Better than 15/20% anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

So I just rang sky to see what the best deal they could give me on Sports is - there is no offer but can have sports and movies for €45 a month - no thanks.

Told them a neighbour of mine had gotten offered half price for 6 months and he checked for me before coming back to say this was an outbound campaign only and gave me a number for the outbound team in Cork - 021 438 6808.

This number doesn't work and googled it and saw a poster on another forum saying he had this number too but didn't work.

So rang Sky back. "We can't give out the number. This was an error. This team cannot accept inbound calls. If you are eligable for the offer they will contact you."

I said thanks and hung up. I've been with Sky for 8 years and have never had an inbound call from them. This despite having multi room, the variety pack and sjy sports for all that time on DD with no payments ever missed.

Think my next move will have to be cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Lads, as an aside, when is the best time to ring and cancel if you pay by direct debit to make the break as neat as possible? I presume it's just before or after they take the direct debit for the month, is that payment or the next one my last one i.e. is it month ahead or month behind payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Soarer wrote: »
    Think HD is a 12 month contract.

Yes did not realise that it kind of overides standard contract. Read previous poster mentioned you can only have 2 offers at one time I would like to take up movies free month and I am already on discounted HD, having both going at once affect abilities to get a discount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

First time sky poster.

Currently, we are on package costing €28 (shows as original on bill)
    Neither of us watch sports apart from GAA, although (young) nephew's would watch soccer if staying at weekends.

We joined Sky in Nov 2011 & havent contacted them since, would it be worth our while contacting them?
    Would we be in a (strong) position to get kids channels & sports?

Not sure, have only ever dealt with Sky when signing up.

Thanks

Advertisement