Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF competitions + prizes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

F1ngers wrote: »
    Already a thread, four below this thread.

Already a thread. This thread! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

FHFC wrote: »
    Already a thread. This thread! :)

T'was merged.

F1ngers wrote: »
    T'was merged.

Ah. There's so many league threads it's hard to keep up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Roryc who used to post here is involved with a league that has a pretty hefty prizepool of like GBP 1200 or something like that also. 2755-151067 is the code. Obviously he won't gonna be able to post the details and I figured us hustler types would like the look of that more than your typical 'we'll give you a Premier League jersey if we feel like it, well we probably won't' leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Roryc who used to post here is involved with a league that has a pretty hefty prizepool of like GBP 1200 or something like that also. 2755-151067 is the code. Obviously he won't gonna be able to post the details and I figured us hustler types would like the look of that more than your typical 'we'll give you a Premier League jersey if we feel like it, well we probably won't' leagues.

Whats the buy-in?

jimmii wrote: »
    Whats the buy-in?
    Free, I think its prizes worth gbp 1200 rather than cash prizes

Demi from FFS is running an £80 buy-in if anyone is interested. https://twitter.com/FFScout_Demi

Free, I think its prizes worth gbp 1200 rather than cash prizes

Nice. Where do the prizes come from?

EDIT: ah guess its obvious once you join! Wonder if it will all be packs or cards and poker chip sets!

EDIT: ah guess its obvious once you join! Wonder if it will all be packs or cards and poker chip sets!
    That I don't know, but I can find out if you want

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

And a poker table. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Here's the prizes for that league, so unless you play poker and have a Grosvenor Poker account, it won't do you any good.

1st place: £550 GUKPT seat
    2nd place: £220 25/25 seat
    3rd place: £120 Goliath seat
    4th place: £55 GUKPT satellite token
    5th place: £22 25/25 satellite token
    6th place: £22 25/25 satellite token
    7th place: £22 25/25 satellite token
    8th place: £11 GUKPT satellite token
    9th place: £11 GUKPT satellite token
    10th place: £11 GUKPT satellite token

Q1 winner: £55 GUKPT satellite token
    Q2 winner: £55 GUKPT satellite token
    Q3 winner: £55 GUKPT satellite token

I'll be signing up to Grovesnor if I do well then so. Good way to get some new players into the pool and generate some rake!

I would have actually liked a poker table though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Anyone know the Off the ball league code ? Don't do twitterbook or any of them so not in that loop.

tossy wrote: »
    Anyone know the Off the ball league code ? Don't do twitterbook or any of them so not in that loop.

Havent seen it out yet.

Balls.ie is 619279-154574

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Havent seen it out yet.

prize?

• Advertisement

Finn Harps Pay League - Champions League add on now open to new entrants.

As I mentioned in the first post on this the Harps pay league guys are doing a extra competition (for those already in the pay league) in a Champions League format, limited to 64 teams and with a guaranteed prize of €1,000 for the winner. That's in addition to a prize fund for the main league expected to be in excess of €1,500!!

Initially this was limited entry to the 150 or so who have been in the pay league for the past 2 years, but entry is now open to new players. If you'd entered the pay league for the first time you can now enter this competition.

Details here http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=2154

If you enter the classic league you are also entered in a cup and a 4 week Christmas competition (highest score across the Xmas madness), which combined with the Champions League means that almost every gameweek as an additional H2H element to it.

When picking you FPL Private leagues, this one is the Aguero -- Essential for any serious manager!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'll be in for this this year FHFC, read the article just there, busts finished second last year? Fairly impressive that the same guy has won both years, obviously the oft mentioned edgebaston?
    I'll enter both in the next few days if the Champions league is still available, Lemlin will also be happy to know that I'll be forwarding his few bob as well so he can lodge it and recoup the few cents in interest:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Entered both but will be the Accrington Stanley of both competitions, aim high I guess.

Code will be sent to email attached to PayPal account I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dahat wrote: »
    Entered both but will be the Accrington Stanley of both competitions, aim high I guess.

They emailed it over to me minutes after paying.

I'll be in for this this year FHFC, read the article just there, busts finished second last year? Fairly impressive that the same guy has won both years, obviously the oft mentioned edgebaston?
    I'll enter both in the next few days if the Champions league is still available, Lemlin will also be happy to know that I'll be forwarding his few bob as well so he can lodge it and recoup the few cents in interest:pac:

Edgbaston indeed. If I can't win it myself I just hope somebody can take this guy down this year!
    dahat wrote: »

Yep, he should be back to you pretty quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Got the code there, should be interesting for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Finn Harps Pay League - Champions League add on now open to new entrants.

As I mentioned in the first post on this the Harps pay league guys are doing a extra competition (for those already in the pay league) in a Champions League format, limited to 64 teams and with a guaranteed prize of €1,000 for the winner. That's in addition to a prize fund for the main league expected to be in excess of €1,500!!

Initially this was limited entry to the 150 or so who have been in the pay league for the past 2 years, but entry is now open to new players. If you'd entered the pay league for the first time you can now enter this competition.

Details here http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=2154

If you enter the classic league you are also entered in a cup and a 4 week Christmas competition (highest score across the Xmas madness), which combined with the Champions League means that almost every gameweek as an additional H2H element to it.

When picking you FPL Private leagues, this one is the Aguero -- Essential for any serious manager!! :D

Does the runner up get anything? Heartbreaker if you lose that last match!

Does the runner up get anything? Heartbreaker if you lose that last match!

Yep. Winner takes all. Worth holding onto a chip if you find yourself still in the running!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FPL-Avids have a free to enter league with £100 for the winner.
    Code: 10770-3684

FantasyFootieEagles @FantasyEagles

Join the other 3,000 in our FREE #FPL League sponsored by @FootballFanager

1st -£100

Use Code: 247-362

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

In the Finn Harps league and Champions league. Cheers for the info FHFC

menoscemo wrote: »
    In the Finn Harps league and Champions league. Cheers for the info FHFC

Cheers for the support! Hope yis will all be cheering on our promotion push. Except CSF obviously.

I've entered the two Finn Harps leagues today, got the confirmation that money was received via pay pal but no code yet, assume this will come in an email later on.
    Had some bother transferring funds to Lemlins account so will do this tomorrow morning in a bank.

Hopefully next week somebody will have a bit of time to spare and can summarise some of the best info on this thread into a single post.

I listen to off the ball quite a lot so I'll definitely enter their competition, has it been announced? Similar with the last word?

Codes should be imminent. Someone else was asking me by pm. I know the organiser is off work so may not be as quick onto the emails but I'd expect him to be back within 24hrs.

Last Word didn't do one last year AFAIK

Code won't be required for the CL right?

• Advertisement

Code won't be required for the CL right?

No. Will be manually administered, all entrants will already be in the classic league.

Yis should have that code now lads. Will be mostly an evening service for the next while. More than 80 in classic already.

Havent seen it out yet.

declan2693 wrote: »
    prize?

Just got this tweet outta them..

" We'll confirm that closer to kick off."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The bohs competition isn't happening this year which is a shame as it was very well organised. More money for the harps though as they gave the harps one a mention in their email.

The bohs competition isn't happening this year which is a shame as it was very well organised. More money for the harps though as they gave the harps one a mention in their email.

Yep. That was incredibly decent of them. Plus they walloped Derry the other night. Bohs. A sound bunch of lads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yep. That was incredibly decent of them. Plus they walloped Derry the other night. Bohs. A sound bunch of lads. :)

That harps one is going to be a real tough one this year there are a lot of big guns from on here signing up. Will be doing very well to be in the money. It's getting very hard to source pay leagues with easy pickings

I so shallow that by virtue of the fact that I'm entered in that league I'll be keeping a close eye on the Harps progress. Ye should all check out the "Funston cracker" which I spotted on the home page, this is better than that Stephanie Roche effort, it's this lad that should have been rubbing shoulders with Messi and Ronaldo. Pardon the quality, it's probably FHFC on his six year old Siemens:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnufMffRaPs

Hopefully the Bohs mention will increase the pot significantly.

I so shallow that by virtue of the fact that I'm entered in that league I'll be keeping a close eye on the Harps progress. Ye should all check out the "Funston cracker" which I spotted on the home page, this is better than that Stephanie Roche effort, it's this lad that should have been rubbing shoulders with Messi and Ronaldo. Pardon the quality, it's probably FHFC on his six year old Siemens:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnufMffRaPs

Hopefully the Bohs mention will increase the pot significantly.

It's the nutmeg that makes it!! :D

He's hit a couple more like that since too! For all our newfound FPL fans all goals are posted on the club Facebook and Twitter.

SCAM is offering customised jersey for 1st place, merchandise for 2nd and 3rd: http://www.thescamdaddy.com/index.php/football/scam-premier-league/

Fantasy YIRMA has £100 prize: https://twitter.com/FantasyYIRMA/status/626012566121263104

FF247 says €500 prize fund: https://twitter.com/FantasyFooty247/status/626107370872160256

• Advertisement

I see DoneDeal has been reactivated. Dunno the code as I'm automatically back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does anyone have a list compiled of the best leagues to join with prizes etc please lads? 15 leagues is pretty limiting especially when it includes private leagues with friends etc so it's important to join ones that will actually pay up at the end for example. It'd be handy to know which ones you all go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Done deal code 885041-215992 first prize 500e travel voucher.

If anyone comes across the off the ball league code please post it up.

The Plymouth Herald have a "mystery cash prize " for their league! :confused:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Fantasy-Premier-League-type-manager/story-27509145-detail/story.html

Joe.ie up and running too. No mention of prizes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Sent the payment for the FH pay league last night and haven't received the code yet. How long would it usually take?

• Advertisement

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Sent the payment for the FH pay league last night and haven't received the code yet. How long would it usually take?

It will probably be sometime this evening, the guy is off work atm so only checking emails every PM.

Paully D wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list compiled of the best leagues to join with prizes etc please lads? 15 leagues is pretty limiting especially when it includes private leagues with friends etc so it's important to join ones that will actually pay up at the end for example. It'd be handy to know which ones you all go for.

Ok, meant to do this when I got time. Heres the list. Anymore posted below I will add.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dWlPA6Q3zCwJn5GVvjmD5SZkieT8DYLGWI0ay1uvha0/edit?usp=sharing

League Name Prize Details Entry Code
    SportJoe.ie unspecified prizes Free 986651-240656
    Finn Harps FC 50% entry fees €1,500+ last season €20 on entry
    Finn Harps Champs League 64 teams, winner takes all €1,000 €20 n/a - open to people already in Classic League
    Boards FSA Pay League 100% of entries (Currently €780) €20 PM Lemlin
    Rentruck Fantasy Football League "possible" £500 (??) Free 282130-75649
    FPL Updates £250 Free 422-377
    Grosvenor Poker Poker prizes worth £1,200 Free 2755-151067
    Balls.ie "We'll confirm closer to the kick off" (Tweet) Free 619279-154574
    FPL-Avids £100 Free 10770-3684
    FantasyFootieEagles £100 Free 247-362
    Fantasy YIRMA £100 & Spot Prizes Free 5284-2238
    http://www.thescamdaddy.com/ 1st: Team Jersey, 2nd & 3rd Merchandie Free 55068-106166
    @FantasyFooty247 €500 Free 2038-877
    DoneDeal €500 Abbey Travel Voucher. Monthly Jerseys. Free 885041-215992

Fair play FHFC!

I always wondered why 15 private leagues was max and apparently FPL Towers replied to someone saying it would take too long to update the game otherwise :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

The Plymouth Herald have a "mystery cash prize " for their league! :confused:

"Mystery cash prize" "possible prizes" T shirts and Mugs!!!!!

I hate leagues like this. A complete waste of time considering the 15 mini league limit. I have 2 leagues last year that went silent when i claimed my prizes as advertised. They had no intention of paying out anything and were just looking for free advertising via re-tweets and facebook likes and shares.

• Advertisement
Advertisement