Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Raw Barbecue chicken from hot deli

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

todolist wrote: »
    I'm amazed how many people think all I should get is a refund.Probably an Irish thing.Customer satisfaction isn't a priority here.I got a refund,an apology and a 25 euro voucher.A small price to pay for keeping a customer who spends 10 thousand a year with them.

€25 too much imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

So, I'll ask the op again; did the store agree that it was uncooked or not?

Melendez wrote: »
    The situation is resolved. Will knowing the answer to this make your life any better?
    I would just like to know if there are stores selling uncooked chicken. So yes, it would.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Off topic posts deleted ...again. The previous mod warning still stands posters.

dudara

Sorry to disappoint you FWVT, but whatever about this case, some supermarket, somewhere in Ireland, this year, will sell a cooked chicken that is undercooked. People make mistakes,
    And we still don't know if a mistake was made in this case. The op has vanished without answering the question. That would hint that maybe it actually was cooked after all.

FWVT wrote: »
    And we still don't know if a mistake was made in this case. The op has vanished without answering the question. That would hint that maybe it actually was cooked after all.

I think it would be highly unlikely that the shop would admit anything, as that would only leave them further liable. So I would read literally zero in that. It's more likely that the OP has vanished due to the unsympathetic posting here.

The only way to know if the chicken posed a true danger would have been to involve the FSAI/HSE.

Posters - we are not going to discuss the food safety aspects here any further as we are not qualified professionals.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Its not about whether the customer was right or wrong about the chicken being undercooked. Its their inflated sense of entitlement thats p1ssing people off. Apology for a raw chicken? Thats like asking the weather girl for an apology when it rains. Some birds will have denser meat than others, and not cook as thoroughly, maybe 1 in every 1000. Why should the supermarket pay this woman because of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Why is there no point intell the OP that he/she is wrong when the evidence they have given shows that they have jumped to conclusion that is very likely to be wrong, and thus falsely accusing a good business of bad practice.

I think it was extremely important to show the OP that they need to find out by a trusted source if they were correct and not just assuming somethign due to what seems like boine marrow huices showing (note how the OP said it was uncooked due to blood - raw chicken doesn't have blood).

Absolutley no point whatsoever in goving advice on something that seems to be totally incorrect - that is a ridiculous suggestion.

Note how the OP has yet to say whether it was conformed as undercooked! - The OP's silence, woulkd suggest that it was NOT undercooked. Luckily the P did not name the place, as such defanmation would have potentially been very costly.

I'd actually disagree - the food safety standards in Ireland are so strict and reporting and monitoring of temperatures at many points in the cycle of cooked food, that to sell a undercooked chicken would require several failings of procedure especially in a supermarket.

I'm in the food business in a very small way and even though I don't cook anything, the temperature records and procedures are extremely strict and they get inspected with no advance notice given.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

delahuntv wrote: »
    The OP's silence, woulkd suggest that it was NOT undercooked.

The "OP's silence" could, of course, mean many things - one of which reasonably could be that they simply have better things to be doing now that the matter has been resolved to their satisfaction, or maybe they don't and simply couldn't be bothered responding, and who'd blame them as this is a particularly hostile thread with many experts selfishly fabricating scenarios.

The "OP's silence" could, of course, mean many things - one of which reasonably could be that they simply have better things to be doing now that the matter has been resolved to their satisfaction, or maybe they don't and simply couldn't be bothered responding, and who'd blame them as this is a particularly hostile thread with many experts selfishly fabricating scenarios.

I'm just asking if it was confirmed cooked or not, that's all. I fabricated nothing. If the op confirms one way or the other then we can close the thread and that'll be that. He/she was quick to come on here accusing of uncooked meat so should also be as quick to confirm if he/she was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It isn't the custom here - nor should it be - to put posters on trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Expecting compensation is ridiculous, I would see the €25 as a gesture to apologies for having to make a trip back in to the shop with the chicken and that's fair enough and probably good business sense.

FWVT wrote: »
    I'm just asking if it was confirmed cooked or not, that's all. I fabricated nothing. If the op confirms one way or the other then we can close the thread and that'll be that. He/she was quick to come on here accusing of uncooked meat so should also be as quick to confirm if he/she was right.

The OP does not have to do anything, it is their thread and they are under ZERO obligation to come back here. Please leave the moderating to the moderators.

This forum is here to help people with Consumer Issues, not put them under a spotlight of accusation. The attitude in several posts in this thread is hostile and off-putting and I would not personally blame the OP from returning.

Thread closed as posters have repeatedly shown they are incapable of posting to the standard required here.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement