Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Hogan Got Cut-Price Mortgage

Options
  • 09-07-2012 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

Another story about phil hogan in yesterdays Indo-some people may or may not have heard about it.

Phil Hogan got cut-price mortgages for his luxury villa in Portugal and Dublin 4 from toxic bank, Irish Nationwide. yes its the very same villa he won't pay tax on- while he wants those struggling with mortgages to pay property/household taxes.
    Phil Hogan, the minister responsible for collecting the household charge, availed of "soft" loans of close to €900,000 that were approved by toxic building society boss Michael Fingleton who has cost the State €5.4bn.

Hogan's unorthodox loans were personally approved by Fingleton to allow him buy a pied-a-terre house in Dublin 4 and a luxurious penthouse in Portugal using two interest- only loans of at least a decade each, an aggressive equity release, and what appears to have been, for his final loan, minimal paperwork.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nationwides-soft-loan-to-hogan-3161567.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Phil Hogan can go and chew my sour ars*hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I think Phil Hogan may have to step down shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I hope he pays the charge for the septic-tank between his ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 190E2.516

cant see this government lasting much longer. enda kenny flat out opening rural community centres and phil hogan living it up in his tax free villa. these guys would wanna wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Am Chile wrote: »
    yes its the very same villa he won't pay tax on

It's a service charge he won't pay, not a tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Yet another politician with the view that the system is there for their own benefit only. Nothing new regardless of party.

Red_Wake wrote: »

Yes the household Tax is a charge with no service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Fcuking fcuking fcuking fcuking fcuking fcuking fcuking fcuking fcuking fcuking hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Whatever. The man himself asked in relation to that "would you pay a charge if you were unhappy with the service?".. while demanding that every eligible household in the country pay a charge that the government themselves will undoubtedly squander.

You couldn't make some of this stuff up. It's just the same as when FF were in power, and for years; regardless of the fcuk-ups they made, their supporters continued to defend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,312 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Am Chile wrote: »
    yes its the very same villa he won't pay tax on

OK, so what actual tax is Phil Hogan refusing to pay on this villa?

Please do not link me to any story which isn't to do with actual taxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Really.....
    The Household Charge is an annual charge introduced by the Local Government (Household Charge) Act 2011 which is payable by owners of residential property.

We are one of the last countries in Europe that does not fund local services through local property-based charges.
    These services are essential to your community. They include: fire and emergency services; maintenance and cleaning of streets; planning and development; public parks; street lighting; libraries; open spaces and leisure amenities.

Waffle from the household charge site.

Its the service charge. The same charge people who own apartment pay, who are exempt from paying a household charge.

FG has to go and pretty sharpish too

- Enda and his speech to the vatican - empty words
    - Expenses - eg xmas cards
    - No accountibitly held over the bank guarantee or the previous government.
    - Bertie up to his eyeballs in ****e that involved in a tribunal.
    - Taking jobs away from the economy with the slaveship scheme: shelf shackers, car valeterers, kitchen porter internships - for fcuk sake

Its the service charge. The same charge people who own apartment pay, who are exempt from paying a household charge.

So Phil Hogan is, as far as we know, completely and totally to up to date will all taxes on the Portuguese apartment? And is having a dispute with a private entity over a service provided to the apartment.

Much like that time I refused to pay the newsagent after they delivered the wrong paper to me for a week, but continued to pay all my taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    FG has to go and pretty sharpish too

- Enda and his speech to the vatican - empty words
    - Expenses - eg xmas cards
    - No accountibitly held over the bank guarantee or the previous government.
    - Bertie up to his eyeballs in ****e that involved in a tribunal.
    - Taking jobs away from the economy with the slaveship scheme: shelf shackers, car valeterers, kitchen porter internships - for fcuk sake

When did Bertie join FG.?

Surely there's enough mud to throw at FG without attaching Bertie to it?

Brian Cowen and Sean Fitzpatrick

Phil Hogan and Michael Fingalton

• Registered Users Posts: 51,591 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The big Golf Match at the K-Club next week features --

Cowan & Fitzer v Hogan and Fingers

They are all in the same club now F.G and F.F.

So Phil Hogan is, as far as we know, completely and totally to up to date will all taxes on the Portuguese apartment? And is having a dispute with a private entity over a service provided to the apartment.

Much like that time I refused to pay the newsagent after they delivered the wrong paper to me for a week, but continued to pay all my taxes.

Were you ever charged twice for the same paper, yet it never even arrived?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Blondini wrote: »
    Phil Hogan can go and chew my sour ars*hole.

off topic but how do you know your arsehole is sour?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Please do not link me to any story which isn't to do with actual taxes.

Its not a tax, its a management charge, go find the story yourself lazybones (hint: use google).

The man is a hypocrite expecting everyone else to pay a household charge, when he doesn't pay the management charge on his apartment in Portugal.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Were you ever charged twice for the same paper, yet it never even arrived?

I see what you are doing there :)

Seriously, it's not my fight. I'm no particular fanboy of PH.

I do however think its beyond retarded that the 'private service charge' dispute with a management company is thrown in his face as an example of him being inconsistent over 'tax'. The OP from his previous posts is intelligent enough to know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

They are all in the same club now F.G and F.F.

They always were.

Two seperate brandings of the one political agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

So Phil Hogan is, as far as we know, completely and totally to up to date will all taxes on the Portuguese apartment?

Good question, some enterprising young reporter should investigate this!

I'm no particular fanboy of PH.

You should be.
    I find it incredibly useful when measuring how acidic or alkaline a substance is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Not surprised, hypocritical cnut:mad:

*awaits for the travel expenses being claimed from his property in Portugal thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

crazygeryy wrote: »
    off topic but how do you know your arsehole is sour?

Scratchy,sniffy,Licky,whiffy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Blondini wrote: »
    Scratchy,sniffy,Licky,whiffy

Dafuq?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

MadsL wrote: »
    Dafuq?????

This?
    Sour taste is detected by a small subset of cells that are distributed across all taste buds in the tongue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

People in unfinished estates are exempt not people who pay management charges, people could be paying both.

I'd see this as a resigning matter, he got treated favourably by Fingleton.
    Irish Nationwide's loans to Fianna Fail politicians have been publicly criticised by two members of the current Cabinet -- Labour's Joan Burton and Fine Gael's Leo Varadkar.

Hopefully Burton goes on the Vincent Browne show to explain the difference!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd see this as a resigning matter, he got treated favourably by Fingleton.

Same here, it's only a matter of time until he has to step down, he is bad news anyway with a terrible attitude to people.

Advertisement