Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Is there still only about 10 zombies on the entire map?

Yeah still barely any zombies but that's seperate to the pathfinding work.

Imagine bringing a hoard into a building as a trap, exit through the back to lock them in. Some poor schmuk opens the front door and met by a gang of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

We're probably a good year away from having proper zombie hordes in the game. Shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Dean said on twitter that they are internally testing vehicles. I doubt they would be on stable or exp any time soon but its nice to know that work is being done on em, they'll totally change the game, even if it was just a bike for a while.

Also...
    DayZ Experimental update, loot respawn + basic persistence testing... is live! Enjoy! #DayZ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Looks like things are finally taking shape. I might grab this if I can get a good price on it.
    Anyone know of any deals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

CrinkElite wrote: »
    Looks like things are finally taking shape. I might grab this if I can get a good price on it.
    Anyone know of any deals?

For the amount of Hours myself and my friends have gotten out of it (I hit 300 hours played back in April but havent had a PC since to play it) Its good value at the current price. The game will only get better and it'll be good getting into it now as it sorta stagnated for a while there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭PMC83

I see they have revamped some of the military bases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

An update yesterday I believe. Tents are in. Loot spawns fixed. Sadly no zombie pathways. New crouching zombies also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

An update yesterday I believe. Tents are in. Loot spawns fixed. Sadly no zombie pathways. New crouching zombies also

The zombie pathways were added a week or two ago. They're still terrible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

A rough version of the path finding for zombies is in, they're now a lot more aggressive and there seems to be a lot more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Squaredude wrote: »
    A rough version of the path finding for zombies is in, they're now a lot more aggressive and there seems to be a lot more of them.

Yeah, I've noticed there's twice as many zombies now.
    There's two in each town instead of one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

hahaha those two can mess you up though flying!

Lads, i've been won over by it again. I got together with a new squad last night. We went to the NW & killed 11 people & had 1 death. Was absolutely insane. Yes it's fecking buggy as hell at times(All of the attachments disappeared on my M4 & I had to kill a guy with it) but once shots go off around you it's on.

So play in Hardcore, go up to the northwest & have an unreal time!

Hardcore and moving to the west of the map is definitely the way to go if you want some intense encounters. Seems to be more tactics involved in fights around the west compared to the likes of Berizino wheres its just run in, try kill someone, respawn and try again. Ive been left shaking after a few shoot outs at the nwaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

what would your first hour of gameplay usually involve?

Would you go looking for food or head straight in a certain direction?

Get yourself energised and hydrated first then go from there. The more energized and hydrated you are the more damage you can take.

*cocky hat on. I actually haven't died in so long I can't remember what I used to do :P

haha Yeah just get yourself some basics & head northwest. Don't bother with the Berizino death match ****e. The best combat is the Northwest Airfield.

I have a film that I have been working on for the last week rendering at the moment. It should show you some of the tense moments that can be had at the NW.

Its been rendering a week :0 how long is it??

I had a rough encounter with zombies yesterday, they knocked me unconscious and then I died! Had a full kit too. Lots more of them now but they aren't as fast anymore but they hear shots and other zombies now so they mob you.

When I start from spawn, food, drink and a good melee weapon to knock zombies out

Its been rendering a week :0 how long is it??

haha only 14 mins. I've been editing/making it all week :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    haha only 14 mins. I've been editing/making it all week :P

Interested to have a look, post a Linky here? I uploaded a video the other day, me and a friend up at the nw airbase. Can't remember playing, locked drunk and logged out in the airbase. Friend had to apply bandages a few times!

I will do, hopefully some time tomorrow. Have to do a shoot for the thumbnail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

which servers do you guys play on?

• Advertisement

Any server with people on it really

I will do, hopefully some time tomorrow. Have to do a shoot for the thumbnail

Any sign of that video or is it still rendering? :)

Any sign of that video or is it still rendering? :)

It's uploaded but not released yet. I'll be releasing it at 6pm tomorrow :) It's the peak time to release videos for both here & in the states. I'll post it on here too. Hopefully you will enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'll be releasing it at 6pm tomorrow It's the peak time to release videos for both here & in the states.

That's interesting to know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Hey guys. Just recently got the game and have found all the main places and gotten all the gear etc. Was doing this on servers with only 3 or 4 players to give myself time to get used to it etc. Now im looking to join like a clan or even some group action here on boards.ie. Is there anything like that? I have seen team play in videos and they look super cool. Think I would be pretty good at the tactics of where to set up, flanking etc while under attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

I'm not very good at this I have to say. Thought there, right, im going to make a proper stab at this, got a map ready,but I started off in the middle of a field so couldn't use the map. Checked a few houses, got nothing more than a rotten pepper and some vitamins, ran for about 10 minutes before finding more houses, got killed by a zombie who I thought I was safe from(I ran into a house and shut the door then he came flying through it!)

Rossin wrote: »
    I'm not very good at this I have to say. Thought there, right, im going to make a proper stab at this, got a map ready,but I started off in the middle of a field so couldn't use the map. Checked a few houses, got nothing more than a rotten pepper and some vitamins, ran for about 10 minutes before finding more houses, got killed by a zombie who I thought I was safe from(I ran into a house and shut the door then he came flying through it!)
    Welcome to DayZ!

richy wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just recently got the game and have found all the main places and gotten all the gear etc. Was doing this on servers with only 3 or 4 players to give myself time to get used to it etc. Now im looking to join like a clan or even some group action here on boards.ie. Is there anything like that? I have seen team play in videos and they look super cool. Think I would be pretty good at the tactics of where to set up, flanking etc while under attack.

Yeah dude, we(Gaellords.com) have a public teamspeak that everyone is free to use. Guys & girls play all sorts of games on there. So just join one of the DayZ channels & introduce yourself. I think most of us actually came from boards. :)
    Rossin wrote: »

haha exactly, Welcome to DayZ. There is a learning curve to the game. It's not the type of game you can just step into for a half hour at a time. Usually requires a couple hours at the least. The more you play the more you will get to understand how the zombies work(Mostly they are broken buggy pieces of ****e). So its just learning how to adapt to the glitchyness of them.

Once you spawn, your first objective should be to get plenty of food & water into you. Then get a decent melee weapon(an axe) to kill the zombies. Then just go from there.

Also do remember, it is an alpha release game so there will be loads of bugs. The most annoying to me at the moment is when your weapon won't work at all & you have to log out & in again to fix it. Screwed me over on an airfield last night :P

Yeah dude, we(Gaellords.com) have a public teamspeak that everyone is free to use. Guys & girls play all sorts of games on there. So just join one of the DayZ channels & introduce yourself. I think most of us actually came from boards.

Girls?????

haha exactly, Welcome to DayZ. There is a learning curve to the game. It's not the type of game you can just step into for a half hour at a time. Usually requires a couple hours at the least. The more you play the more you will get to understand how the zombies work(Mostly they are broken buggy pieces of ****e). So its just learning how to adapt to the glitchyness of them.

Once you spawn, your first objective should be to get plenty of food & water into you. Then get a decent melee weapon(an axe) to kill the zombies. Then just go from there.

Also do remember, it is an alpha release game so there will be loads of bugs. The most annoying to me at the moment is when your weapon won't work at all & you have to log out & in again to fix it. Screwed me over on an airfield last night :P

I honestly think with the new zombie super duper strength that its gonna be tough as a new spawn for everyone but I imagine its so people are more careful when engaging other players Now. Its gonna be damn interesting.

As well as that, I'm finding it real difficult to find s hand gun, did they get patched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did they finally sorted out loot spawning or is it still restart system?

Advertisement