Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DayZ Standalone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Dean Hall
    @rocket2guns
    Initial implementation of new zombie path finding coming out on exp today! Brian tells me he locked zombies in rooms with it...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Thank you sweet zombie Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Going to be rounding up all the zombies and locking them into the police stations in towns. Should keep me entertained for a while!

I need a bit of help with Dayz Commander. So I have Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, everything up to date, downloaded epoch dayz and BR through dayz commander but every time I try to join a server through the commander it tells me I have missing files or else an authentication error, searched google for ages found nothing that worked, any one know how to fix it?

nvm, got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

I need a bit of help with Dayz Commander. So I have Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, everything up to date, downloaded epoch dayz and BR through dayz commander but every time I try to join a server through the commander it tells me I have missing files or else an authentication error, searched google for ages found nothing that worked, any one know how to fix it?

nvm, got it!

DayZ mod
    this way:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056855404

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭PMC83

So I've been shot up pretty bad in the middle of some banditing gone bad. Things are blurry as hell. If I just keep eating/drinking will it go back to normal, or do I need blood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

PMC83 wrote: »
    So I've been shot up pretty bad in the middle of some banditing gone bad. Things are blurry as hell. If I just keep eating/drinking will it go back to normal, or do I need blood?

get bright green "energised" and "hydrated" and you will get green "healing" and eventually full health and "heathly"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Was on experimental at the weekend. Can confirm (from what I saw) that zombies don't clip through walls anymore and you can lock them in buildings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Cravez wrote: »
    Was on experimental at the weekend. Can confirm (from what I saw) that zombies don't clip through walls anymore and you can lock them in buildings.

Is there still only about 10 zombies on the entire map?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

jabberwock wrote: »
    get bright green "energised" and "hydrated" and you will get green "healing" and eventually full health and "heathly"

Or alternatively, go into options, and then graphics. Blurriness-be-gone!

A continuing bug/glitch that has yet to be fixed, so technically it's cheating to a certain extent, but that's weighed against the fact that you then don't know how healthy/unhealthy you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Is there still only about 10 zombies on the entire map?

Yeah still barely any zombies but that's seperate to the pathfinding work.

Imagine bringing a hoard into a building as a trap, exit through the back to lock them in. Some poor schmuk opens the front door and met by a gang of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

We're probably a good year away from having proper zombie hordes in the game. Shame really.

Dean said on twitter that they are internally testing vehicles. I doubt they would be on stable or exp any time soon but its nice to know that work is being done on em, they'll totally change the game, even if it was just a bike for a while.

Also...
    DayZ Experimental update, loot respawn + basic persistence testing... is live! Enjoy! #DayZ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Looks like things are finally taking shape. I might grab this if I can get a good price on it.
    Anyone know of any deals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

CrinkElite wrote: »
    Looks like things are finally taking shape. I might grab this if I can get a good price on it.
    Anyone know of any deals?

For the amount of Hours myself and my friends have gotten out of it (I hit 300 hours played back in April but havent had a PC since to play it) Its good value at the current price. The game will only get better and it'll be good getting into it now as it sorta stagnated for a while there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭PMC83

I see they have revamped some of the military bases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

An update yesterday I believe. Tents are in. Loot spawns fixed. Sadly no zombie pathways. New crouching zombies also

An update yesterday I believe. Tents are in. Loot spawns fixed. Sadly no zombie pathways. New crouching zombies also

The zombie pathways were added a week or two ago. They're still terrible though.

A rough version of the path finding for zombies is in, they're now a lot more aggressive and there seems to be a lot more of them.

Squaredude wrote: »
    A rough version of the path finding for zombies is in, they're now a lot more aggressive and there seems to be a lot more of them.

Yeah, I've noticed there's twice as many zombies now.
    There's two in each town instead of one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

hahaha those two can mess you up though flying!

Lads, i've been won over by it again. I got together with a new squad last night. We went to the NW & killed 11 people & had 1 death. Was absolutely insane. Yes it's fecking buggy as hell at times(All of the attachments disappeared on my M4 & I had to kill a guy with it) but once shots go off around you it's on.

So play in Hardcore, go up to the northwest & have an unreal time!

Hardcore and moving to the west of the map is definitely the way to go if you want some intense encounters. Seems to be more tactics involved in fights around the west compared to the likes of Berizino wheres its just run in, try kill someone, respawn and try again. Ive been left shaking after a few shoot outs at the nwaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

what would your first hour of gameplay usually involve?

Would you go looking for food or head straight in a certain direction?

Get yourself energised and hydrated first then go from there. The more energized and hydrated you are the more damage you can take.

*cocky hat on. I actually haven't died in so long I can't remember what I used to do :P

haha Yeah just get yourself some basics & head northwest. Don't bother with the Berizino death match ****e. The best combat is the Northwest Airfield.

I have a film that I have been working on for the last week rendering at the moment. It should show you some of the tense moments that can be had at the NW.

Its been rendering a week :0 how long is it??

I had a rough encounter with zombies yesterday, they knocked me unconscious and then I died! Had a full kit too. Lots more of them now but they aren't as fast anymore but they hear shots and other zombies now so they mob you.

When I start from spawn, food, drink and a good melee weapon to knock zombies out

Its been rendering a week :0 how long is it??

haha only 14 mins. I've been editing/making it all week :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    haha only 14 mins. I've been editing/making it all week :P

Interested to have a look, post a Linky here? I uploaded a video the other day, me and a friend up at the nw airbase. Can't remember playing, locked drunk and logged out in the airbase. Friend had to apply bandages a few times!

I will do, hopefully some time tomorrow. Have to do a shoot for the thumbnail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

which servers do you guys play on?

• Advertisement

Any server with people on it really

I will do, hopefully some time tomorrow. Have to do a shoot for the thumbnail

Any sign of that video or is it still rendering? :)

Any sign of that video or is it still rendering? :)

It's uploaded but not released yet. I'll be releasing it at 6pm tomorrow :) It's the peak time to release videos for both here & in the states. I'll post it on here too. Hopefully you will enjoy it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'll be releasing it at 6pm tomorrow It's the peak time to release videos for both here & in the states.

That's interesting to know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Hey guys. Just recently got the game and have found all the main places and gotten all the gear etc. Was doing this on servers with only 3 or 4 players to give myself time to get used to it etc. Now im looking to join like a clan or even some group action here on boards.ie. Is there anything like that? I have seen team play in videos and they look super cool. Think I would be pretty good at the tactics of where to set up, flanking etc while under attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

I'm not very good at this I have to say. Thought there, right, im going to make a proper stab at this, got a map ready,but I started off in the middle of a field so couldn't use the map. Checked a few houses, got nothing more than a rotten pepper and some vitamins, ran for about 10 minutes before finding more houses, got killed by a zombie who I thought I was safe from(I ran into a house and shut the door then he came flying through it!)

Rossin wrote: »
    I'm not very good at this I have to say. Thought there, right, im going to make a proper stab at this, got a map ready,but I started off in the middle of a field so couldn't use the map. Checked a few houses, got nothing more than a rotten pepper and some vitamins, ran for about 10 minutes before finding more houses, got killed by a zombie who I thought I was safe from(I ran into a house and shut the door then he came flying through it!)
    Welcome to DayZ!

richy wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just recently got the game and have found all the main places and gotten all the gear etc. Was doing this on servers with only 3 or 4 players to give myself time to get used to it etc. Now im looking to join like a clan or even some group action here on boards.ie. Is there anything like that? I have seen team play in videos and they look super cool. Think I would be pretty good at the tactics of where to set up, flanking etc while under attack.

Yeah dude, we(Gaellords.com) have a public teamspeak that everyone is free to use. Guys & girls play all sorts of games on there. So just join one of the DayZ channels & introduce yourself. I think most of us actually came from boards. :)
    Rossin wrote: »

haha exactly, Welcome to DayZ. There is a learning curve to the game. It's not the type of game you can just step into for a half hour at a time. Usually requires a couple hours at the least. The more you play the more you will get to understand how the zombies work(Mostly they are broken buggy pieces of ****e). So its just learning how to adapt to the glitchyness of them.

Once you spawn, your first objective should be to get plenty of food & water into you. Then get a decent melee weapon(an axe) to kill the zombies. Then just go from there.

Also do remember, it is an alpha release game so there will be loads of bugs. The most annoying to me at the moment is when your weapon won't work at all & you have to log out & in again to fix it. Screwed me over on an airfield last night :P

Yeah dude, we(Gaellords.com) have a public teamspeak that everyone is free to use. Guys & girls play all sorts of games on there. So just join one of the DayZ channels & introduce yourself. I think most of us actually came from boards.

Girls?????

haha exactly, Welcome to DayZ. There is a learning curve to the game. It's not the type of game you can just step into for a half hour at a time. Usually requires a couple hours at the least. The more you play the more you will get to understand how the zombies work(Mostly they are broken buggy pieces of ****e). So its just learning how to adapt to the glitchyness of them.

Once you spawn, your first objective should be to get plenty of food & water into you. Then get a decent melee weapon(an axe) to kill the zombies. Then just go from there.

Also do remember, it is an alpha release game so there will be loads of bugs. The most annoying to me at the moment is when your weapon won't work at all & you have to log out & in again to fix it. Screwed me over on an airfield last night :P

I honestly think with the new zombie super duper strength that its gonna be tough as a new spawn for everyone but I imagine its so people are more careful when engaging other players Now. Its gonna be damn interesting.

As well as that, I'm finding it real difficult to find s hand gun, did they get patched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did they finally sorted out loot spawning or is it still restart system?

The loot respawns after a certain amount of time now yes :)

Did they finally sorted out loot spawning or is it still restart system?

There is a system in place, but it's kind of broken, but not really broken broken.

The way it works is, there can be a certain amount of objects in a 1kmx1km area. So when something gets picked up, something else instantly spawns in it's place somewhere else. The problem is, when people pick stuff up, and they don't have much space, they'll leave something **** down in return like a flash light, pants, shoes etc. This leaves the amount of spawned items meeting it's quota so nothing new spawns, and leaves all the **** gear left there. So most the time there is only rubbish that you wouldn't pick up left in all the towns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Rebuilding my rig at present and hoping to get some DayZ action again soon:)

Here ya go guys, my DayZ Short film "Vengeance". This took a while to make. Hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what ya think!

Edit: Here's the reddit thread for it, would really appreciate support on there if ya enjoyed it. If not, feedback is always welcome :)

http://redd.it/2clqak

Cheers guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nice video!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Just got this yesterday, I'm loving it but I'm finding it so hard to get by. Haven't seen a drop of water since I started. Do many guys in here still play together? I signed up for Gaellords but found it a bit not sure how you go about using the teamspeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

Just got this yesterday, I'm loving it but I'm finding it so hard to get by. Haven't seen a drop of water since I started. Do many guys in here still play together? I signed up for Gaellords but found it a bit not sure how you go about using the teamspeak.

Not played in a little while, usually pair up with my brother. Using gaellord teamspeak. We tend to set up a private room, which is a bit against the spirit of it I suspose? Anyway he has buggered off for a month's holidays before his next teaching year begins ( he's in SA) was going through the update and thinking we will get back into it when he returns. To be honest, I hate playing alone. It's just too damn tense, it's almost as bad with only one other though. tents sound tempting, think they will get me back playing. That's said badly stung with a case of CS:GO at the moment so that needs to pass as well.
    Lost

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Start learning where the wells are, you'll be using them a lot.

There's a few maps out there that have the wells on them, so start with those open and Alt tab out to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CatInABox wrote: »

There's a few maps out there that have the wells on them, so start with those open and Alt tab out to them.

Yeah, I use this one myself: http://www.izurvive.com/#c=-19;0;2

Have it open on the second monitor whenever I'm playing but of course you can always Alt+Tab too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

CatInABox wrote: »

There are also apps, like iZurvive which can help, but yeah wells and ponds are your friend, actually your only friend in the bloody game, shoot on sight seems to be the only option on most servers. If you still look like fresh spawn you may survive an encounter with another player. But expect to be held up until the other player checks you out. They may then help you. Defiantly Know how to use your Mic, and know the key for putting your hands up. It's up to you then to decide what to do in the situation, but don't get yourself in a position where you get shot because your trying to find out your key to put your hands up. So.e people will not give you much time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement