Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladbrokes Poker Festival Killarney-Official Thread -Oct 2008 - €250,000 Guaranteed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

kakak1 wrote: »
    I'm absolutely amazed at your decision to forego the opportunity of posting what could be THE LIST of all lists :eek:

He's probably feel a bit' listless' from the whole thing. (corny police alert)
    Perhaps though a list of the notable playing in this would be nice.
    I've booked the Killarney court for two nights. Is it any good? Does it have a disco? Is it far from the maddening crowd? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Perhaps though a list of the notable playing in this would be nice.

love seeing your name in lights do you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

I've booked the Killarney court for two nights. Is it any good? Does it have a disco? Is it far from the maddening crowd? ?

Nice bar . no disco (thought disco was dead :confused: ). walking distance to the town but a taxi to the gleneagle.

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    Nice bar . no disco (thought disco was dead :confused: ). walking distance to the town but a taxi to the gleneagle.

thanks.. ZZ

Kakal, by notables I mean Celebs, pros etc....like yerself of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

thanks.. ZZ

Kakal, by notables I mean Celebs, pros etc....like yerself of course.

trying to think of a more notable than you & none spring to mind. If you're talking pros well.......................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Punter Bren

Main Event
    Day 1 - Starts at - 4pm
    Day 1 - Finishes at- 2.30am (approx)
    Blinds Finish at - 400-800

Day 2 - Starts at 1pm
    Day 2 - Finishes at 2am (Approx)
    Blinds Finish at 6,000-12,000

Day 3 - Starts - 1pm
    Day 3 - Plays until Completion

This goes on a bit late and I was looking forward to the crack at the end of the night .............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

This goes on a bit late and I was looking forward to the crack at the end of the night .............

this is normal for a tourny like this.
    I'm sure u can have plenty of crack if u win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I think neil and connie have an agreement with the gleneagle for the bar to stay open for 2 hours after play has finished each night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Has this increased to 750 players now or is it still capped at 650 players

750 now

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Punter Bren

this is normal for a tourny like this.
    I'm sure u can have plenty of crack if u win

lol nice reply thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

FINALLY MANAGED TO REGISTER FOR THIS AMAZING EVENT

AS THERE IS SUCHA HUGE FIELD, IS THERE ANY PROS OUT THERE IN BOARDS LAND THAT WOULD LIKE TO OFFER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN SUCH A HUGE FIELD

I.E. STARTING LIST OF HANDS FOR THE OPENING HOURS OR WHATEVER YOU THINK WOULD BE USEFUL

ALL HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, IF YOU DONT WANT TO POST SUCH TIPS HERE, THEN PM ME OR MEET ON THE THURSDAY IN THE LOBBY OF GLENEAGLE HOTEL

I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET, GIVEN MY TRACK RECORD, YOU KNOW I MEAN THAT

THANKS IN ADVANCE

DEREK

CONGRATS ON FILLING THIS EVENT

ISNT IT JUST AMAZING REALLY ?

THE ECONOMISTS ARE TELLING US THAT THE COUNTRY IS ON ITS KNEES

BANKS ARE CLOSING UP SHOP

RETAILERS ARE TELLING US THAT SALES ARE DROPPING

FINANCIAL MARKETS REELING, ITS BLACK MONDAY AND WALL STREET CRASH TIME ALL OVER AGAIN

BUILDING INDUSTRY GONE DOWN THE TUBES

HOWEVER, A €550 ENTRY TOURNEY IS SO FULL THAT AN ADDITIONAL 100 SEATS ARE SOLD OUT

THEN 2 WEEKS LATER

THE IPO-2008 WILL HAVE 1200 PLAYERS, ANOTHER SELL OUT JOB

LORD KNOWS HOW MANY WILL BE IN THE WINTER FESTIVAL AT €1500 A POP

SO YEAH, THE COUNTRY WAS NEVER WORSE OFF THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW

ANYONE INTERESTED IN A 1000 EVENT THIS COMING JANUARY PLEASE PM ME

DEREK

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Anyone know if laddys opened a book on this?? looked at the website and didnt see anything? luckboxed my ticket last sunday so will be givin her a good old spin next weekend! hope to meet alot of you there, the crack should be mighty!!

Good luck to all (but mostly me :P)!!

pgodkin wrote: »
    Anyone know if laddys opened a book on this?? looked at the website and didnt see anything? luckboxed my ticket last sunday so will be givin her a good old spin next weekend! hope to meet alot of you there, the crack should be mighty!!

Good luck to all (but mostly me :P)!!

Book is not open

Neill

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus Clamper, that big chunky button on the left is called CAPS LOCK.... please press it, your ALL CAPS post look like you are deaf and SHOUTING!!!

I'll be along to this of course, and if I'm still there at 2.30am, thats all the craic I want :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭urallfish

Well have to say fair play to neill and the boys for puttin this show togethger with ladbrokes dont think they get enough credit, from the players that it is. They do waterford proud on the poker side of things.Wish u all luck see you up there cant wait to sit down and get stuck into a fine game organised.OH ye lookin forward to catchin a few fish heard the best of em are in killarney!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

hi can someone tell me is killarney sold out and how many runners

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont know if its sold out but it has increased to 750 seats as far as Connie told me yesterday. I expect if it isnt sold out (I'd be amazed if not) then its a matter of days before it does.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

cheers de vore just trying 2 find out for a mate who left it until last minute as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

FINALLY MANAGED TO REGISTER FOR THIS AMAZING EVENT

AS THERE IS SUCHA HUGE FIELD, IS THERE ANY PROS OUT THERE IN BOARDS LAND THAT WOULD LIKE TO OFFER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN SUCH A HUGE FIELD

I.E. STARTING LIST OF HANDS FOR THE OPENING HOURS OR WHATEVER YOU THINK WOULD BE USEFUL

ALL HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, IF YOU DONT WANT TO POST SUCH TIPS HERE, THEN PM ME OR MEET ON THE THURSDAY IN THE LOBBY OF GLENEAGLE HOTEL

I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET, GIVEN MY TRACK RECORD, YOU KNOW I MEAN THAT

THANKS IN ADVANCE

DEREK

I BELIEVE FINTAN GAVIN IS OFFERING ADVICE TO ANY AND ALL TAKERS

SEE YOU THERE DEREK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CMN08

if anyone is interested in buying a ticket PM me. cheers.

CMN08 wrote: »

Please notify Ladbrokes of the seat change or ourselves if sold . As Players must bring Id to claim seat at registration and the names will not match and seats will no be given to players claiming seat swops .

Neill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Neil did u get my pm,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CMN08

Please notify Ladbrokes of the seat change or ourselves if sold . As Players must bring Id to claim seat at registration and the names will not match and seats will no be given to players claiming seat swops .

Neill

no problem.

Official Release.

Please Note the Main event has reached 730 players paid up in Full, with 20 seats held back for the super sat That is the cap of 750 Players reached . If it becomes possible that we can cater for 800 ,Please contact Joanna on irishfestival@ladbrokespoker.com , She is compiling the waiting list for players on Ladbrokes Online and if these seats are available she will be in Contact .Please note that players must have a Ladbrokes account to join the waiting list

Neill Kelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

question, what if the super sat brings in more than 20 tickets? or there is sit and goes on the friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Hi guys,

Just wondering about the following... I won a ticket on Ladbrooks a few weeks back.. Do I have to wear any ladbrooks sponsorship gear as part of the deal?

Also am I free to wear any other sponsorship logos that I wish to?

zuroph wrote: »
    question, what if the super sat brings in more than 20 tickets? or there is sit and goes on the friday?

If there is more than 20 seats in the super sat we will allocate cash amounts for the seats without Tickets . Top 20 will take the seats

Regards

Neill

Macspower wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering about the following... I won a ticket on Ladbrooks a few weeks back.. Do I have to wear any ladbrooks sponsorship gear as part of the deal?

I will find out and come back to u

Neill

• Advertisement

Macspower wrote: »
    Hi guys,

There is no requirement to wear Ladbrokes clothing and no rules about any other logo clothing being worn.

Neill

CMN08 wrote: »
    I think you should make people aware that you are not selling a ticket and that you are having an auction for a ticket. Its always good to see the vultures waiting in the shadows to take advantage of genuine poker players for their own personal gain.
    i really hope your left with it

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I think you should make people aware that you are not selling a ticket and that you are having an auction for a ticket. Its always good to see the vultures waiting in the shadows to take advantage of genuine poker players for their own personal gain.
    i really hope your left with it
    what? did he not say he'd take 500? or did "someone" ruin it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭pokerkingsni

I think on the other thread it says "i'd be happy with 500+".

This is possibly what Damo is referring to.

"I will be selling the ticket for 500 euro. If anyone is interested get in touch. Cheers"

"im quite happy with 500+ for the ticket."

This must be the confusing bit.

I think on the other thread it says "i'd be happy with 500+".

This is possibly what Damo is referring to.

"I will be selling the ticket for 500 euro. If anyone is interested get in touch. Cheers"

"im quite happy with 500+ for the ticket."

This must be the confusing bit.
    Nothing confusing about it . I recieved a pm from the seller to say that it was up to €625 and he would be taking offers until monday . Confusing , i think not.

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Nothing confusing about it . I recieved a pm from the seller to say that it was up to €625 and he would be taking offers until monday . Confusing , i think not.

Damo let me know who the seat is being sold by it will be released by me and money sent back to the person . I do not mind seats been changed but that will not happen seats must be sold for Face value only.

Regards

Neill K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Anyone wants to sell a ticket PM me.
    TimF

well i am not selling or buying tickets

i just want to know where i can see a set of rules for this event

i am mainly interested to know what is the lower age limit and if its allowed to wear a mask?

derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭thepokerroom

well guys got my ticket 6 of us will be on the 11 0 clock train carriage c for a friendly game of snap if anyone is interested. its going to be a great week-end of poker and craic.

well done neill and connie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Is there going to be alternates Neill?

Eoin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Eoin.

Hey Eoin,

As far as i know there will be alternatives for this. Not sure if you can reg in advance for the alternates list, my guess is you'll have to turn up early next Friday.

• Advertisement

Official Release.

Please Note the Main event has reached 730 players paid up in Full, with 20 seats held back for the super sat That is the cap of 750 Players reached . If it becomes possible that we can cater for 800 ,Please contact Joanna on irishfestival@ladbrokespoker.com , She is compiling the waiting list for players on Ladbrokes Online and if these seats are available she will be in Contact .Please note that players must have a Ladbrokes account to join the waiting list

Neill Kelly

Eoin.
    as above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'd just like to thank Neil for going well out of his way to help me get regged for this. Really appreciate it.

And congrats on getting that field size locked up. Amazing achievement - I'm sure it will be an amazing tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd just like to thank Neil for going well out of his way to help me get regged for this. Really appreciate it.

And congrats on getting that field size locked up. Amazing achievement - I'm sure it will be an amazing tournament.

Lloyd,

Do you want to do a last longest for this and the IPO? If its 1 each, we call it quits but it either of us outlast the other one in both tournies then we pay up?

How about the loser has to fork out for 5 beers, a kebab and taxi fare home from town some night before the christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭babymaker6

how about you and Lloyd sharing a taxi to killarney?

babymaker6 wrote: »
    how about you and Lloyd sharing a taxi to killarney?

How about you worry about getting yourself to Killarney and not worrying about me! I'm thinking of flying down anyways. Depends whether i can get off work on the Thursday to play the satellite or not. If i can, i'll just get the train down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Lloyd,

Do you want to do a last longest for this and the IPO? If its 1 each, we call it quits but it either of us outlast the other one in both tournies then we pay up?

How about the loser has to fork out for 5 beers, a kebab and taxi fare home from town some night before the christmas?

how about doing a thread for each event, say €50 per a man...

Have you no work to do Ollie ?
    I'd be on for a last longest but for the 50 Euro cash . The night out thing looks like 3 is a crowd sort of thing , babymaker may have hit upon a sore point judging by Tonys reply...... Beer and Kebabs Tony? what about your lovely new figure.?

Last longest anyone? (for cash not Kebabs)

Ollieboy wrote: »
    how about doing a thread for each event, say €50 per a man...

I'd be up for that, if someone is willing to do the organising and collecting the money. I've done this before and its not worth the hassle tbh!
    Have you no work to do Ollie ?
    I'd be on for a last longest but for the 50 Euro cash . The night out thing looks like 3 is a crowd sort of thing , babymaker may have hit upon a sore point judging by Tonys reply...... Beer and Kebabs Tony? what about your lovely new figure.?

Last longest anyone? (for cash not Kebabs)

Lloyd always gives a good challenge in a last longest bet! Nah Willie 3 isnt a crowd lol! Fergus just hates being left out of anything! I'm hoping to organise a beers night out for a few boardsies before the Christmas and i'm sure Lloyd would be up for it so it will be a free night for me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I'd be up for that, if someone is willing to do the organising and collecting the money. I've done this before and its not worth the hassle tbh!

I agree, the hassle is not worth it.

Connie or Neil, would you be able to arrange this on the day and get the money collect from the players on the starting day?

We could set-up a thread of who's interest and than just collect the money on day 1 as the event starts or a reg desks if not too much hassle?

Cheeky to ask!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Ollieboy wrote: »
    I agree, the hassle is not worth it.

Connie or Neil, would you be able to arrange this on the day and get the money collect from the players on the starting day?

We could set-up a thread of who's interest and than just collect the money on day 1 as the event starts or a reg desks if not too much hassle?

Cheeky to ask!!

lol Ollie,
    far to Cheeky,
    Neil will be shining up his Microphone, while Connie will be strolling around with a big cheesy grin on his face.

In fairness though it would be way too much hassle, they are going to up to their neck

• Advertisement
Advertisement