Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Im pretty sure it wasnt, she was just out a long relationship so im going to put it down to her still not being over that. Far easier than acknowledging any potential failings of my own.

Ignorance is bliss my friend ... pm me if she put out on the first date tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ignorance is bliss my friend ... pm me if she put out on the first date tho ;)

Tell us more about your thing at the weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Im pretty sure it wasnt, she was just out a long relationship so im going to put it down to her still not being over that. Far easier than acknowledging any potential failings of my own.

Welcome to my world where everybody is wrong except me!

Now, where is that girl from OKC I've been messaging? Has all gone eerily quiet since I dropped the 'any plans for the weekend?' bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Samich wrote: »
    Tell us more about your thing at the weekend :P

Reminder that this is not a chit chat thread

Galvasean wrote: »
    Now, where is that girl from OKC I've been messaging? Has all gone eerily quiet since I dropped the 'any plans for the weekend?' bomb.

Ah there she is. I have the feeling I'm being watched. Damn my internet celebrity status!

"Hi" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Cool to see so many with dates arranged :)
    I have a coffee arranged for this weekend and he seems real nice yay :)

Hmmm... I've recieved a few messages from different people with stuff that relate to things i've only said here on boards and not on my profile so it would seem that this thread is very popular! Don't know how i feel about it though... probably won't be saying too much here in future just cause I'm a pretty private person in general anyway.

Asked someone on a potential date.

Bring me whiskey!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ah there she is. I have the feeling I'm being watched. Damn my internet celebrity status!

"Hi" :)

Panthro is your date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

So... drove almost 3 hours for a date yesterday, thinking I must be mental. But it turns out it was well worth it. Got on really well! The date lasted about 18 hours XD Watch this space :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Ankhyu wrote: »
    So... drove almost 3 hours for a date yesterday, thinking I must be mental. But it turns out it was well worth it. Got on really well! The date lasted about 18 hours XD Watch this space :)

If it lasted around 18 hours then something is being done right. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Just spotted on POF.. "I'm bored, I'm h*rny, I'm submissive" with accompanying picture in an outfit that looks like it has several special locations to attach God knows what to it!! Profession... Librarian!! Imagine walking into a library and recognising her... What to say! :pac:

Ankhyu wrote: »

That's savage :-D good stuff outta you for taking a leap like that, you got rewarded!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

Anyone else keep getting logged into okcupid when they aren't actually online nor have the app! Hmm..

Anyway I got another date this Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just spotted on POF.. "I'm bored, I'm h*rny, I'm submissive" with accompanying picture in an outfit that looks like it has several special locations to attach God knows what to it!! Profession... Librarian!! Imagine walking into a library and recognising her... What to say! :pac:

OOh someone 'wanted to meet me' yesterday who was looking for a submissive woman. Maybe we could be matchmakers! :pac:

Lots of dates happening this weekend! Good luck all. :)

Larianne wrote: »
    OOh someone 'wanted to meet me' yesterday who was looking for a submissive woman. Maybe we could be matchmakers! :pac:

Lots of dates happening this weekend! Good luck all. :)

Haha seriously? Hmmmm my cogs are turning now! I've only a date with work this weekend :( Next Wednesday is a different story however :) Hopefully I won't get met by a falling-down drunk girl OR a "slap marky in the face" girl like before :pac:.....

Haha seriously? Hmmmm my cogs are turning now! I've only a date with work this weekend :( Next Wednesday is a different story however :) Hopefully I won't get met by a falling-down drunk girl OR a "slap marky in the face" girl like before :pac:.....

God i remember that happening before, bless her cotton socks she was so nervous, she was full of drink .. we had a good night and after a few wild stories she was at ease ..

The slap in the face... i've yet to get that one ..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did you deserve it? Or was she just being irrational because you genuinely mistook that other girl for her? :)

I want to send out a couple messages but I found out today that after this weekend, all my weekends are booked up til after the bank holiday. Never fails: No social life for 90% of the year then everything happens at once.

I think I am being stalked on okc, same guy has looked at my profile roughly 8 times every time I have logged in and also while I am not logged in he comes up in the recently viewed you. Now he wants to meet me :eek::eek:

Oh and I forgot to mention he has sent me 18 different messages today alone.

THEZAPPA wrote: »
    I think I am being stalked on okc, same guy has looked at my profile roughly 8 times every time I have logged in and also while I am not logged in he comes up in the recently viewed you. Now he wants to meet me :eek::eek:

Oh and I forgot to mention he has sent me 18 different messages today alone.

Well he's clearly interested .. maybe let him down gently ..

Well he's clearly interested .. maybe let him down gently ..

Says he wants casual sex so I may just let him down nicely!

Says he wants casual sex so I may just let him down nicely!

Tell him you want casual chess games... totally throw him off his bit..

• Advertisement

Tell him you want casual chess games... totally throw him off his bit..

haha that would be one good come back alright. I let him down gently and he has now visited my profile six times in the past three minutes and sent another five messages begging me to meet him.....:eek:
    Would it be wise to block him at this stage?

haha that would be one good come back alright. I let him down gently and he has now visited my profile six times in the past three minutes and sent another five messages begging me to meet him.....:eek:
    Would it be wise to block him at this stage?

Yes i think it's possibly worth blocking him now ....

Panthro wrote: »
    Reminder that this is not a chit chat thread

He said he had a thing lined up with someone from a dating site I think.....hence the question.

God i remember that happening before, bless her cotton socks she was so nervous, she was full of drink .. we had a good night and after a few wild stories she was at ease ..

The slap in the face... i've yet to get that one ..

I detailed those incidents earlier in this thread :pac:... I'm just kidding, I don't expect any shenanigans this time round :D

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did you deserve it? Or was she just being irrational because you genuinely mistook that other girl for her? :)

I want to send out a couple messages but I found out today that after this weekend, all my weekends are booked up til after the bank holiday. Never fails: No social life for 90% of the year then everything happens at once.

Haha it wasn't a malicious slap.. It was a "this'll wake you up if you're feeling tired" kind of jokey slap... I wasn't impressed!!

Chatting to a nice girl atm :) SHe's chatty which is good :) And I sent my pic and she's still talking :D I haven't seen hers yet though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Would it be appropriate to change my profile title to "Free Willy Pictures"? And have a picture of the whale as my profile picture? Don't want to shoot myself in the foot, like.

18AD wrote: »
    Would it be appropriate to change my profile title to "Free Willy Pictures"? And have a picture of the whale as my profile picture? Don't want to shoot myself in the foot, like.

Yeaaa ... worth it for the laugh , you'll be surprised at the amount of msg's you might get ..

Well the librarian in you, Me & Depree was a kinky lass...

Looks like I'm on for Sunday. Doesn't look like it's gonna fall apart before then (it never does! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

18AD wrote: »

Yeah a bit of humour can be a good hook to give someone an excuse to send an message, 50% of the messages I receive (not that thats that many) on OKC relate to me pretenting to read a series of famous girly books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Hmm.. A guy on POF stole my tag line and then mailed me to say "I stole your tag line because it was funny. Sorry hope you don't mind" I DO mind! Get your own feicin tag line man! :mad::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement