Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bioware/EA applications, offices, work and accommodation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MeaCuppa

malforian wrote: »
    This is true but tbf it's gonna be a success , not wow levels of success but enough to make a profit easily

I suppose. But the fact that they have 'Lucas Films' banner on the game means that George Lucas is not gonna let them go with a sizable chunk of profits.

But being apart of EA helps the business vision I bet. EA has been growing leaps and bounds over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 malforian

Anyone who has been succesfull from the UK , how are you getting your stuff over to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Well did the online interview over the weekend but got the email this morning saying it wouldnt be progressed any further. TBH the wages wouldve been lower than what Im currently on and I dont have Linux experience so that was that.

Well did the online interview over the weekend but got the email this morning saying it wouldnt be progressed any further. TBH the wages wouldve been lower than what Im currently on and I dont have Linux experience so that was that.

You didn't end up losing much. The way i see it, it is another experience in giving interviews :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 xantras.d

Just got great news, I was lucky enough to get the CSR role, Starting end of the month. Worth the wait. Looking forward to the Game Industry.

• Advertisement

well done :D

will see you there !

yeah im just glad to get out of the Retail buisness lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Holyhole

Anyone who has been succesfull from the UK , how are you getting your stuff over to there?
    I moved over from London earlier this year, and I used Mccorys. They were amazingly cheep, and very helpful friendly people. I would highly recommend you get a quote and have a chat with Pat if you want to get stuff moved over from the UK.

http://www.mccrorys.co.uk/

yeah i got a quote from the, was like 900 or something so not too bad, and after 4-5 self moves with a rental van i will enjoy the change lol

did they keep your stuff for a day or two while you got your new keys ? I could ask them but then they bug me for a definate date :p

I start on the 28th and really need a house lol

MeaCuppa wrote: »
    You didn't end up losing much. The way i see it, it is another experience in giving interviews :)

Exactly. Strange doing an online interview and it wasnt exactly the position I was looking for. But hey, as you said it was another experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Holyhole

yeah i got a quote from the, was like 900 or something so not too bad, and after 4-5 self moves with a rental van i will enjoy the change lol

did they keep your stuff for a day or two while you got your new keys ? I could ask them but then they bug me for a definate date :p

I start on the 28th and really need a house lol

It took a couple weeks for them to ship the stuff over to me, but that was cool for me really.. i brought over a couple weeks worth of clothes e.t.c. and my PC when i drove over myself. Time flew past pretty quick i gotta say, after getting UPC to come give me Net and TV and that, and get my PPS number (big headache) and get the VRT paid on my car..

• Advertisement

ahh thats alright then sounds like ill do the same as you then

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Falalala

Yeah I've been looking for a way to get my computer over but since my last job i've been unemployed a while(skint doesn't cover it :P). So anywhere I can look at thats cheap is good :).

yeah me and my fiancée are not loaded with money so the move is a bit scary till we get the first pay check lol

I've noticed theres a scheme for cycling to work, is the route easy enough/safe enough. I haven't really seen too many pictures of the way to the office just the maps :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

I didn't make it past the online interview either. Very disappointing, I see no reason why I'm not fully capable of doing the job, but I suppose every applicant will say the same.

Edit:Well done to everyone who gets a job by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Well had my face to face interview today. They were really friendly but I was very nervous and felt I was waffling a bit and nearly forgetting the original question!

Just wondering, is there many here who got to the face to face stage and didn't progress?

Also they told me if I don't hear back within two weeks to ring them. Anyone else get told this? I know they are crazy busy leading up to the launch?

el_gaucho wrote: »
    I didn't make it past the online interview either. Very disappointing, I see no reason why I'm not fully capable of doing the job, but I suppose every applicant will say the same.

Edit:Well done to everyone who gets a job by the way.

Well I think my issue was that the position seemed very Linux based which is not my field, although I am a Senior Netwok Admin.

joe123 wrote: »
    Well had my face to face interview today. They were really friendly but I was very nervous and felt I was waffling a bit and nearly forgetting the original question!

Just wondering, is there many here who got to the face to face stage and didn't progress?

Also they told me if I don't hear back within two weeks to ring them. Anyone else get told this? I know they are crazy busy leading up to the launch?

Had my face2face last Thursday. The girl told me something like "don't fret if you do not hear from us in the next two weeks" or something, but nothing about calling them back. It would be good to know when you hear from them. i will update it here when I do.

my fiancee found out after 2 weeks, I found out after 3 1/2 weeks

never understood how Hr works - wonder what takes them so long?

• Advertisement

Im guessing they interview a bock of people for say 2 weeks, then decide on all of them at once

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

JustMary wrote: »
    there will be lots of people looking on the inter-webz to find out how to get there by public transport ;)
    Pay mustn't be so hot there then, huh?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Well I think my issue was that the position seemed very Linux based which is not my field, although I am a Senior Network Admin.

At least you know where you went wrong although maybe it's not much consolation. I don't think I really said anything wrong apart from maybe waffling on the first one. I have good qualifications though not relevant. Maybe over qualified, I only went for the Customer Service Rep, so hardly rocket science. As ever, it's very hard to know.

el_gaucho wrote: »
    At least you know where you went wrong although maybe it's not much consolation. I don't think I really said anything wrong apart from maybe waffling on the first one. I have good qualifications though not relevant. Maybe over qualified, I only went for the Customer Service Rep, so hardly rocket science. As ever, it's very hard to know.

Exactly. I went for the NOC administrator job even though Im a Senior Network Admin for 14 years already. Think Im over qualified for the position also but it was a good experience all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SambaSoup

Had the face-to-face interview as well yesterday. Tough to say how it went but there was definitely a good vibe around the office itself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Well good news I got a call last night ( day after the face to face) and was offered the job! Starting the 21st November.

Same day as me :D.

well done :D

I will see you the week after as im relocating from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Falalala wrote: »
    I've noticed theres a scheme for cycling to work, is the route easy enough/safe enough. I haven't really seen too many pictures of the way to the office just the maps :P.

Depends on where you're coming. If you're coming from town on the DC side, it's fine. The road is wide enough most of the way from the Monivea Rd up. It's wider than it looks on streetview (but them I'm used to cycling on that road since before it was resurfaced several years ago).

Wouldn't want to have to cross the Tuam Road and cycle up an Cnoc Mor (yes that is what we locals still call it).

Also the #9 bus stops at the entrance to the park.

• Advertisement

Okay thanks for the information :).

I'll be arriving a couple of days before I'm due to start so I'll check it out :).

Advertisement