Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioware/EA applications, offices, work and accommodation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 malforian

Falalala wrote: »
    Hi, my first post so hopefully its a good one :).

I had my automated webcam interview the first week of september, then just under 2 weeks later my skype interview. Then I heard back I had got the job about 5ish weeks later.

As for the Bioware office location it was accurately shown on a map earlier in this thread and the exact address is:

BioWare Ireland Ltd
    Unit 1
    IDA Business & Technology Park
    Parkmore West
    Galway

Hope that helps :). Also there should be a bus stop right by the office and the route it takes comes from the city center. I can't think of any other questions that have been asked so I shall leave it there :).

I been waiting 3-4 weeks so hopefully means I been successfull, hating the wait for this long but hopefully it's good news

• Registered Users Posts: 34 liu83

Anyone who got customer service representative position with Bioware, what was the face to face interview like, any suggestions, types of questions?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Falalala

You'll be interviewed by a couple of people, do your best to look smart always helps. You should be asked the normal questions you'd get at any job interview.

You'll get asked about your prior experiences and given a few examples and asked what your responses would be. The usual really but it was a bit of a blur for myself so can't remember many specifics :). Just that the interviewers were suprisingly pleasant and relaxed which helps put you at ease.

same as above,

usual type of customer service questions really, and just some scenarios about what you would do in a perticular situation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

There are a few of competency based questions. What would you do if a person on your team was not doing a job properly or you had an irate customer. Questions such as that. The interviewers were extremely pleasant. Very friendly people and no pressure in the interview. I wore a black shirt and pants with a tie. They even asked if I wanted to take the tie off.

I heard last Thursday that I got the position and I'm starting on Monday. Went up with the girlfriend the same day found a house the day after and moving Thursday coming. It's all been so quick and exciting and that bit stressful. Looking forward to living in Galway having been there a bit as a child.

Let the adventure begin :)

• Advertisement

Thats nice to hear, I'll be starting around the 21st Nov :). But international relocation so a few things to sort out :).

Well done,

Ive been waiting 3-4 weeks for final reply :( hopefully i hear something this week. Im hoping the long wait is a good sign, as if i was going to get a no i owuld of thought i would of just been told :)

Before I found out that I had got the job I asked about how long I should wait to expect to hear back. I'd say 4-5 weeks from the time of your skype interview and I was also told that everyone who got that far would hear back, one way or the other. So good luck :).

Falalala wrote: »
    Before I found out that I had got the job I asked about how long I should wait to expect to hear back. I'd say 4-5 weeks from the time of your skype interview and I was also told that everyone who got that far would hear back, one way or the other. So good luck :).

Ahhh see i got told in my interview that I would find out in 2 weeks max so I was surprised its taken longer but now I know lol

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I was told 2 weeks but if it's getting close to that time not to panic. Granted it was a little longer than that but I heard and you'll hear too. I know people who got rejected and they ring to let you know why. It's a good thing they didn't call sooner IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I sent in my webcam interview where I read the questions and my answers are then recorded two days ago.

How long should I be waiting until I hear back from them, if at all?

Also am I right in thinking there are two more stages after this, a skype interview and then a face to face interview? Or is it a matter of one or the other?

After the recorded interview it was roughly a week until I heard back about a skype interview. And yeah and it will be a skype interview unless you're a local, they might do a face to face interview then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 xantras.d

I am waiting to hear back, I am due to find out something by the end of this week. It would be a dream job being involved with a game co. It’s good to see the time frame with others that were successful is similar to myself, So fingers crossed.:)

Heard back today :D

I did so well in my interview (and my past work Experience) that they have put me up for a team leader interview :D ..... well worth the weeks of wait i guess :D

So chance to get a promotion already , that if i fail at the interview im guessing i must be a sure fire for a CSR role if they thought that :D

yeah I would say timescale for me was

1 week from CV to survey
    1-2 weeks from survey to Automated interview
    2 weeks from that to Skype interview
    then I waited 3 1/2 weeks from Skype to hearing the news today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bubble187

malforian wrote: »
    Heard back today :D

I did so well in my interview (and my past work Experience) that they have put me up for a team leader interview :D ..... well worth the weeks of wait i guess :D

So chance to get a promotion already , that if i fail at the interview im guessing i must be a sure fire for a CSR role if they thought that :D

yeah I would say timescale for me was

1 week from CV to survey
    1-2 weeks from survey to Automated interview
    2 weeks from that to Skype interview
    then I waited 3 1/2 weeks from Skype to hearing the news today :)
    That is great news:)

I guess a big well done is in order:)

A will be seeing you over there maybe even as my team leader lol and best of luck with the interview, give it your all mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Holyhole

I would so love to work for Bioware!

But i work in Finance and not qualified for the 1 position they have :(

keeping my eagle eye on there for more finance jobs!

you could always apply for customer service role as one of the sections you can work in is Account and billing , might be a path to a better job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Just got my email this morning for the Online Interview (First One). First time doing an online automated interview so a little nervous about it.

yeah its a little strange but not too bad

malforian wrote: »
    yeah its a little strange but not too bad

What are the questions like for the automated interview? Are they job related, or just general?

• Advertisement

all general questions about customer service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Applied there about two weeks ago, still not even a survey sent out, are they still recruiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Anyone apply for the IT positions?

Sent my cv in at the start of October, just over a week later got an email about doing the webcam interview, did that on the 15th. Got a call on the 25th asking to come out for a face to face, which is tomorrow :D

If I get the job I'll probably be supporting all you customer support people :pac:

Burgo wrote: »
    Anyone apply for the IT positions?

Sent my cv in at the start of October, just over a week later got an email about doing the webcam interview, did that on the 15th. Got a call on the 25th asking to come out for a face to face, which is tomorrow :D

If I get the job I'll probably be supporting all you customer support people :pac:

Hey Burgo, I did. Got an email yesterday about my automated interview so Im going to do that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Well got a call today telling me they were very impressed with my automated interview and that I have a face to face interview next week. :)

Bit nervous now! Didnt mind the online recorded interview at all.

Bit worried as I have no experience in a CSR role but I do have a background in IT and I am a gamer so that all might stand to me.

Can anyone tell me, during the face to face interview do they ask many questions regarding gaming to try and find out do you actually have an interest in the games industry or is it all general CSR questions?

How long generally did the face to face interview last?

People who have started, what are the hours like? I heard its ten hour shifts and you could be working any day as its 24/7...

Joe,

its all Customer service related, i didn't get asked much about gaming at all, though I said about it when they asked why I wanted to job.

If your more of a tech guy, they basically have 3 teams 1. In game 2. Bills and account 3. technical support. So they might just say with your experience we will try you in the Tech one

don't worry if not had customer support role before its all common sense stuff really, just how you would act with someone etc.

Good Luck with it

lasted about 45 mins but it flew by

They told me that it is 10 hour shifts but that you work 4 days then 3 days off , so longer but tbf you have 3 days a week off so id rather that ( my current job i work 10 hours a day anyway and only get 2 days off so its a bonus for me :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SambaSoup

I'm in the same boat Joe. Interview in Galway next week. Malforian, just wondering is the face-to-face interview more in-depth than the automated one? any sticky questions etc?..

SambaSoup wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat Joe. Interview in Galway next week. Malforian, just wondering is the face-to-face interview more in-depth than the automated one? any sticky questions etc?..

It's for sure more in depth but to be fair it's very along the same lines as the automated I got almost the same questions , none of the questions were really "curveball" it's all comman sense and experience to a certain extent based.

1/2 of it is o over your cv and asked similar to automated

2nd half is like play out a scenario you might meet in the job, and how you would
    Handle it :)

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MeaCuppa

The BioWare facility is solely dependent on the success of the SW - Old Republic game - which makes me wonder if the job is secure!

• Advertisement

MeaCuppa wrote: »
    The BioWare facility is solely dependent on the success of the SW - Old Republic game - which makes me wonder if the job is secure!

This is true but tbf it's gonna be a success , not wow levels of success but enough to make a profit easily

Advertisement